2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 13<<123456>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: SEC Football 2012< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 31
CajunHiker Search for posts by this member.
GEAUX TIGERS!

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 10 2012, 6:46 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What an idiot.  He was surely a Heisman contender this year.  LSU's got plenty of depth - maybe not with his talent, but it's better to have a habitual rule-breaker off the team than bend the rules because of his talent.

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 32
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 10 2012, 7:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yea, it's better to have them gone than tolerated.  UGA kicked it's star tailback to the curb.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 33
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 10 2012, 8:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

ESPN Pre-season Top 25

Lot's of SEC love. Not that it means anything at this point!

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 34
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 10 2012, 10:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Go Team!

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 35
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 10 2012, 10:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ugh!  USC at #1??  *vomit*

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 36

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2012, 8:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CajunHiker @ Aug. 10 2012, 10:48 pm)
Ugh!  USC at #1??  *vomit*

I know.

And I saw how high FSU is ranked too. It is always wishful thinking with them...

Ugghh, and Ohio State.

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 37

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2012, 2:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Take heart.  The USA Today poll looks better

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

7 of top 25 are SEC

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 38
hiking_tiger Search for posts by this member.
sekk, plyndre, og deretter brenne

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2012, 1:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Read this today.  Pretty much sums it up.

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 39
hiking_tiger Search for posts by this member.
sekk, plyndre, og deretter brenne

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2012, 1:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CajunHiker @ Aug. 10 2012, 5:46 pm)
What an idiot.  He was surely a Heisman contender this year.  LSU's got plenty of depth - maybe not with his talent, but it's better to have a habitual rule-breaker off the team than bend the rules because of his talent.

You know, my oldest and I were talking about the Honey Badger a day before this story broke.  We were trying to remember (without looking it up) if he was a Freshman or Soph last year.  I wrongly had him as a Freshman and said, "So he'll be on the field this year and next...unless he does something stupid and gets kicked off the team."

I have a copy of the entire roster of every SEC team and am currently accepting offers to NOT speak thusly of anyone on the list.  Each of you has only a little over two weeks to save your favorite team.  :;):

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 40
John Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 14 2012, 7:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Okay, so I'm trying to figure how the Aggies will do in SEC play.  Besides all of the west teams, they play the Gators and MO.  I'm thinking. 3-5 maybe 4-4.
What do you think?
 Post Number: 41
Upstream Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 15 2012, 2:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm a Gator in UGa land, and have already told friends I think it's at least 50/50 that either we loose that first SEC game at TxA&M, or they do that same day at UMo.  I really hope it's them; I've heard too much about how they're predicted to go 12-0 (the difference between currently favored in each of the 12 scheduled games and predicted to be 12-0 seems lost on them).  But I fear it may be us.  I just think the newcomers have heard enough about not being as good, and the gap is not as wide as most of us (and SEC players) think.  That said, I think the grind will get them, but they will pull a surprise or two.  Still, 4-4 in the west would be very good for the Aggies.

For UF, I figure if we are better than 8-4, we know we've got a coach; right at 8-4, maybe/probably; under, well, we'll see how it can look parsed out, but I'll be worried.
 Post Number: 42
LostSheep Search for posts by this member.
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 16 2012, 6:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh I can't wait....

I did read a great article that I'm sure we can all agree on... Notre Dame needs to accept the bottom of the barrel. :)

Good, that's out of the way.

I saw that Mizzou coach was complaining that women were running stairs in his stadium while his team was practicing and he called it a distraction. My only thought, is "He's got his hands full when we comes to and SEC stadium then"...

Geez...

I think the UA vs UM game will be good, but I still believe UA will come out on top. Look, Michigan is good, but I just don't think they're going to be able to sit 4 quarters in the trenches against UA's line. The talent is just too deep.

Yes, I'm a bama fan.

I think Texas AM is going to put up a decent fight, but they will be relegated to the back of the SEC with Ole Miss, MS State, UK, & SC until they can prove they can win. It's going to be a bad couple of years being picked on...

By the way, my tickets should be arriving this week :)

--------------
Team Red, White & Blue’s vision is to transform the way wounded veterans are reintegrated into society when they return from combat and exit the Armed Services.

IT'S OUR TURN. Ask me how you can help.
 Post Number: 43

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 16 2012, 7:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Upstream @ Aug. 15 2012, 2:18 pm)
For UF, I figure if we are better than 8-4, we know we've got a coach; right at 8-4, maybe/probably; under, well, we'll see how it can look parsed out, but I'll be worried.

Try not to worry and have faith! The new season is a clean slate. If we can pick a good QB (we have 2 great candidates) and the new O coordinator (Pease) clicks with his Pro-style offense, we'll be fine. Our defense was great last year.

I am hoping for a 9 or 10 win season.  :cool:

--------------
 Post Number: 44

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 16 2012, 10:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(VAN @ Aug. 16 2012, 6:14 pm)

Try not to worry and have faith! The new season is a clean slate. If we can pick a good QB (we have 2 great candidates) and the new O coordinator (Pease) clicks with his Pro-style offense, we'll be fine. Our defense was great last year.

I heard that one of the UF QB's got hurt.......deep bruise on non-throwing shoulder.  Doesn't sound like it's serious.

Aggies just named their redshirt frosh the qb starter over the soph who was running ahead of him after spring game.
 Post Number: 45

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 17 2012, 7:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(John @ Aug. 16 2012, 10:35 pm)
I heard that one of the UF QB's got hurt.......deep bruise on non-throwing shoulder.  Doesn't sound like it's serious.

Ya, nothing too serious.

It was Jeff Driskel. He is from one of the local high schools here in Central FL, so we're all kinda rooting for him to get the starting job.

Jacoby Brissett would be good too. I'll take anyone better then last year!

--------------
 Post Number: 46
Upstream Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 17 2012, 3:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(VAN @ Aug. 16 2012, 7:14 pm)

I'm certainly hoping for that as well.  In fact, right now, I won't concede 11-1.  Great thing about August.  And if we take care of lesser business and then make any inroad on USC, UGa, FSU, or LSU (that's my order of likelihood), I wil be confident that we have a coach to return up to the glory to which (after many pre-Spurrier years - in fact, I saw him play) I have become accustomed.  But, some of that "lesser business" may not be so lesser (in particular the early back-to-back at excited TxA&M and desperate UTn worry me).

Don't mind me, though.  I said I saw Spurrier play.  Whcih means I saw Doug Dickey coach.  That's hard to ever completely get past.

Here's to enjoying the ride.
 Post Number: 47
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 17 2012, 6:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm for LSU and anyone who plays USC.  :;):

--------------
 Post Number: 48
retired reddog Search for posts by this member.
"I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 18 2012, 8:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Curious to see how South Carolina does this year...  Was at their scrimmage the other night.  Lattimore is back and looking good and has a stable of backs behind him.  They have a slew of tight ends who can catch and know how to run w/ the ball, the QB's are all looking better than I've seen in a long time.  The D line is going to be pure nasty...  Should be an interesting year.

--------------
Good night Chesty, where ever you are!-(It's a Marine thing.)

“The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle!”
General John Pershing, United States Army
 Post Number: 49
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 20 2012, 4:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CajunHiker @ Aug. 17 2012, 5:44 pm)

accoring to the "people in the know" USC is the one to de-thrown the SEC...

I'm just curious which stadium Lane Kiffen wants to walk into first.

--------------
Team Red, White & Blue’s vision is to transform the way wounded veterans are reintegrated into society when they return from combat and exit the Armed Services.

Post Number: 50
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 21 2012, 12:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(LostSheep @ Aug. 20 2012, 4:44 pm)

(CajunHiker @ Aug. 17 2012, 5:44 pm)

accoring to the "people in the know" USC is the one to de-thrown the SEC...

I'm just curious which stadium Lane Kiffen wants to walk into first.

I only wish that UT was playing at that level... It would be sweet to trounce his ass back to CA.  :cool:
 Post Number: 51

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2012, 2:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Less then 1 week folks!!!!  :D

--------------
 Post Number: 52
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 26 2012, 6:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was at the Saints - whoever-plays-in-Houston game last night sitting next to a former college football player.  Fun times!!

--------------
 Post Number: 53

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 26 2012, 10:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CajunHiker @ Aug. 26 2012, 5:14 pm)
I was at the Saints - whoever-plays-in-Houston game last night sitting next to a former college football player.  Fun times!!

I watched that game on the tube.  Really only the first half mattered cuz the starters went at it full speed.  Those competing for roster spots played the second half.
Brees and the Saints looked good.  I thought there might be a drop-off with Payton's suspension but didn't see it.

Uh, Cajun.  That would be the Texans.
 Post Number: 54
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 26 2012, 11:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh yeah, Texans ... bunch of fans were sitting about 2 rows in front of us.   They reminded me of Penn State fans: loud and unfriendly!  :p

--------------
 Post Number: 55
RobinHood Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 27 2012, 1:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry guys, no sec this year.  USC west would have beaten both LSU/Bama last year, and is clearly the best team to start the year.  They pretty much have a peyton manning at qb, and aren't going to be stopped. There offense is probably equal to the all sec offense.  Their questions will be whether their defense can hold up.  If they survive their schedule, they will play the noles in the title game.  FSU has the easiest road to the nc game, and are just loaded with players at every position.  Deepest team in college football, and might be the fastest.  And yes, they have a bigger defensive line than any of yalls sec teams.  Where do you think Jimbo got that idea?  a lot of injuries last year for them, so get over that overhyped stuff.  A 1 loss sec team will get in ahead of anybody else with one loss, I just dont see any sec team this year capable of beating usc/fsu.  

Easiest season to predict in a long time.

--------------
The vast majority of every species that has ever lived on Earth is now extinct. To think that humans can avoid the fate of every other creature is arrogant. Like all life on Earth, our time is limited.
 Post Number: 56

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 27 2012, 5:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(RobinHood @ Aug. 27 2012, 1:32 am)
Sorry guys, no sec this year.  USC west would have beaten both LSU/Bama last year, and is clearly the best team to start the year.  They pretty much have a peyton manning at qb, and aren't going to be stopped. There offense is probably equal to the all sec offense.  Their questions will be whether their defense can hold up.  If they survive their schedule, they will play the noles in the title game.  FSU has the easiest road to the nc game, and are just loaded with players at every position.  Deepest team in college football, and might be the fastest.  And yes, they have a bigger defensive line than any of yalls sec teams.  Where do you think Jimbo got that idea?  a lot of injuries last year for them, so get over that overhyped stuff.  A 1 loss sec team will get in ahead of anybody else with one loss, I just dont see any sec team this year capable of beating usc/fsu.  

Call 911.  He's either on major illegal drugs or naturally delusional.  Needs help.

--------------
 Post Number: 57
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2012, 12:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:laugh:  OMG, that's the funniest post, like, EVER!  :laugh:

--------------
 Post Number: 58
retired reddog Search for posts by this member.
"I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2012, 11:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(RobinHood @ Aug. 27 2012, 1:32 am)
I just dont see any sec team this year capable of beating usc/fsu.  

I'm thinking there's this little span of time between the end of August and the first part of December that will determine which teams get to play for the national championship...  I know...  Call me crazy!

--------------
Good night Chesty, where ever you are!-(It's a Marine thing.)

“The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle!”
General John Pershing, United States Army
 Post Number: 59

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2012, 5:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

FSU? Seriously? GET OUT OF THE SEC THREAD!!  :p

--------------
 Post Number: 60
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2012, 5:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(RobinHood @ Aug. 27 2012, 12:32 am)

I know I'm not drunk... so this must mean you are... right?

USC is the poster child every year with Notre Dame and every year they get put back into reality.

FSU? no way.

I'll be the first to admit it won't be BAMA this year, but they're definitely going to push pretty hard.

I just think USC is going to be the team that everyone things is going to the dance, but will get stood up at the end. Sorry to bust your bubble man.

--------------

365 replies since Jul. 19 2012, 8:43 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 13<<123456>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply SEC Football 2012
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions