2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 3 of 13<<1234567>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: SEC Football 2012< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 61
John Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2012, 6:25 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just heard the La Tech-A&M game is postponed to Oct. 13th.  Shreveport will probably get hammmered by the storm and officials made the call.
Would have been nice for the Aggies to have one game under their belt before facing the Gators the following week.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 62
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 29 2012, 2:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ah! I am not sure I want to be on the other end of Texas A&M for their first SEC game! They will come out ready to prove something.

My Gators, (and their 2 quarterbacks) better be ready!

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 63
CajunHiker Search for posts by this member.
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2012, 11:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And so it starts ... SEC football, 6 p.m. central time ... Go Vandy!  Go Gamecocks!  :)

Van - I was thinking that A&M might be happy for the reschedule.  It can watch Florida's film, but Florida won't have anything to see what A&M's doing this year.

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 64

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2012, 2:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CajunHiker @ Aug. 30 2012, 10:54 am)
And so it starts ... SEC football, 6 p.m. central time ... Go Vandy!  Go Gamecocks!  :)

Van - I was thinking that A&M might be happy for the reschedule.  It can watch Florida's film, but Florida won't have anything to see what A&M's doing this year.

True, but I think it's more valuable for everyone to have that game experience to work out the kinks.
A&M, with a freshman qb, won't have the complete offensive package available to him.  Coaches will want him to concentrate on protecting the ball.

Both teams will be stoked for this SEC opener.
 Post Number: 65
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2012, 5:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you don't want to watch the Vandy game tonight, you can always adopt Washington State, Mike Leach makes his debut tonight.

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 66
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2012, 10:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yep, that's on in the background now ... I was hoping Vandy would pull the upset, though.

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 67

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 31 2012, 6:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I tried to watch the Vandy/SC game, but we 'borrow' my in-laws computer ESPN3 account from TN and it was blacked out. (It was either that or the UCF/Akron game was blacked out).

I am going to be a the beach this weekend and my dad has no cable or internet (he's a hippie beach bum). We will have to go to a bar to watch any games...

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 68
LostSheep Search for posts by this member.
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 31 2012, 8:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's here....

I haven't gone to the extreme of split painting the car, but my kids have been victims of the varying UA/AU outfits.

--------------
Team Red, White & Blue’s vision is to transform the way wounded veterans are reintegrated into society when they return from combat and exit the Armed Services.

IT'S OUR TURN. Ask me how you can help.
 Post Number: 69

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 31 2012, 12:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(LostSheep @ Aug. 31 2012, 7:47 am)
It's here....

I haven't gone to the extreme of split painting the car, but my kids have been victims of the varying UA/AU outfits.

Yeah, I just tuned into the Paul Finebaum radio show that someone recommened.  Good stuff!
 Post Number: 70

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 31 2012, 12:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Chuck D @ Aug. 30 2012, 4:57 pm)
If you don't want to watch the Vandy game tonight, you can always adopt Washington State, Mike Leach makes his debut tonight.

I watched the first half of the WSU-BYU game and it looked like Leach's crew was outmanned.  But he'll get the good recruits in the years to come and get the fans excited again.

Vandy played well and put a big scare into the SC fans.
 Post Number: 71
hiking_tiger Search for posts by this member.
sekk, plyndre, og deretter brenne

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 31 2012, 1:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's here....

So you married up?  :p

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 72
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2012, 12:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Game 1 done .. if this is representative of LSU's play, it could be a long season.

--------------
 Post Number: 73
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2012, 12:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

UT won!  :)
 Post Number: 74
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2012, 9:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(cgaphiker @ Sep. 02 2012, 12:51 am)
UT won!  :)

Bray looked decent IMO.

Maybe the team (vols) is better than I thought?

It's a good way to open the season.

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 75
Upstream Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2012, 2:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CajunHiker @ Sep. 02 2012, 12:44 am)
Game 1 done .. if this is representative of LSU's play, it could be a long season.

That's the best thing about Game 1's - the week between it and Game 2.

Certainly hoping so for my Gators.
 Post Number: 76
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2012, 3:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thinking of the USC post earlier ................

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012....related

Should Tide rise over USC to No. 1?
We asked this question in our poll tonight, but will expound on it here.  In every way imaginable, in every single phase of the game, No. 2 Alabama was the better team in the defending BcS champion’s 41-14 woodshedding of No. 8 Michigan.  And it wasn’t even really that close.  *** Teams that schedule these types of games should be rewarded for playing top-ranked programs, and bumping them a spot or two or three or whatever would/should have an impact on athletic directors looking for more of those types of early-season games.  ***  

“Wait, what about us?” No. 1 USC says
Yes, yes, yes Trojans.  We’re well aware of your 49-10 throttling of Hawaii.  Yes, you have one of the top teams in the country and, if you can remain healthy, you will be a title contender.  Unfortunately, taking apart an unranked team at home simply doesn’t compare with humiliating a Top 10 team on a neutral field.  Sorry, that’s just the way it is.  Or the way it should be, at least.  If voters have a lick of common sense, of course.

--------------
 Post Number: 77

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2012, 4:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Upstream @ Sep. 02 2012, 2:01 pm)

(CajunHiker @ Sep. 02 2012, 12:44 am)

That's the best thing about Game 1's - the week between it and Game 2.

Certainly hoping so for my Gators.

I agree! I think we need to pick a QB and get on with it.

I also think the defense should tighten up the penalty situation. Otherwise, it was a pretty good game.

--------------
 Post Number: 78
Owen571 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2012, 7:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CajunHiker @ Sep. 02 2012, 2:03 pm)
In every way imaginable, in every single phase of the game, No. 2 Alabama was the better team in the defending BcS champion’s 41-14 woodshedding of No. 8 Michigan. And it wasn’t even really that close.

They aren't kidding. One slip and a couple of overthrown passes away from that spanking being a total beatdown.
They looked good. Loving that TJ Yeldon-great power and speed from a true freshman.

I wouldn't worry about LSU. That QB may not be topnotch right off the bat, but everybody deserves a benefit of the doubt game, and they've got a fantastic team. You know they've got the running game, and an outrageous defense. LSU/Bama will be another good one, I think. Until then, Geaux Tigers!

I really enjoyed watching Auburn and Clemson. We switched back and forth between it and the Bama game constantly.
Guess this week the game to watch will be Georgia and Missouri. Can't wait!

You mentioned some team. US..C? Is that somebody we should have heard of? :p
 Post Number: 79
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2012, 9:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I didn't get to watch much because I was on campus tailgating and then the game lasted forEVER, it seemed.  I did see a little of the Alabama - Michigan game as I was walking past tailgate parties and stopped to peek at the t.v.s, but nothing else.  

I can't wait till next weekend - more SEC football!!  :)  :)  :)

--------------
 Post Number: 80

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2012, 12:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CajunHiker @ Sep. 02 2012, 2:03 pm)
Should Tide rise over USC to No. 1?
We asked this question in our poll tonight, but will expound on it here.  In every way imaginable, in every single phase of the game, No. 2 Alabama was the better team in the defending BcS champion’s 41-14 woodshedding of No. 8 Michigan.  And it wasn’t even really that close.  ***Teams that schedule these types of games should be rewarded for playing top-ranked programs, and bumping them a spot or two or three or whatever would/should have an impact on athletic directors looking for more of those types of early-season games.  ***  

“Wait, what about us?” No. 1 USC says
Yes, yes, yes Trojans.  We’re well aware of your 49-10 throttling of Hawaii.  Yes, you have one of the top teams in the country and, if you can remain healthy, you will be a title contender.  Unfortunately, taking apart an unranked team at home simply doesn’t compare with humiliating a Top 10 team on a neutral field.  Sorry, that’s just the way it is.  Or the way it should be, at least.  If voters have a lick of common sense, of course.

Bold is mine for emphasis.

This is why I am against pre-season polls.  No one knows anything, but they'll still put together a poll.  Maybe wait until they've all played four, five, maybe six games.

We'll see, in about ten weeks, if Michigan is actually a "top-ranked program" or not.  I remember Alabama completely dismantling a top-10 ranked Clemson a few years ago and we heard the same talk over the next week.  They got a huge polls jump out of it (#24 to #13, if wiki is correct).  Of course, the season proved out that Clemson, who finished 7-5, was completely overrated.

And national media all week had people from Wisconsin and Michigan State crying foul for how low they were ranked (#12, #13, respectively).  Given how they struggled in their openers, even those numbers may be a bit high.

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
 Post Number: 81
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2012, 3:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I agree.  But it feels much better to start with a win over a ranked Oregon than a win over a Division II N. Texas State.  :/

--------------
 Post Number: 82
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2012, 5:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hiking_tiger @ Aug. 31 2012, 12:38 pm)

It's here....

So you married up?  :p

LOL... wow...

Honestly yea, but I did have to educate her in the proper yelling of "Roll Tide"!

And of course, I had to share everything there is to know about "The Bear" with her...

--------------
Team Red, White & Blue’s vision is to transform the way wounded veterans are reintegrated into society when they return from combat and exit the Armed Services.

Post Number: 83
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2012, 5:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

HT, I agree 100% that there should not be ANY pre-season polls. For the life of me, I cannot fathom how a team could come off of probation and that be enough for them to jump to #1. No way. I don't care who you are.

Simple - play 3 games. Start ranking from there. Bring back the whole strength of schedule weight. That is what is needed.

Hopefully the playoff will help.

Van, have you by chance seen this anywhere?
Texas AM Billboard story

Seems we have a school who's wanting to be welcomed... sorta.

--------------

Post Number: 84

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2012, 5:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(LostSheep @ Sep. 04 2012, 5:22 pm)
Texas AM Billboard story

Ya I heard about this. Texas A&M is saying they had nothing to do with it and are prosecuting those who are responsible, hmmm. Looks like someone is asking for a "Welcome to the SEC A$$ Kickin".

We did finally settle on a QB, Jeff Driskell. He played high school ball around here, so people are very excited. I hope it was the right choice!!

--------------
 Post Number: 85
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2012, 6:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

SEC owns half the top ten spots.   hehehehehehehe

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 86
pastywhite Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2012, 10:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well my Vols looks pretty good. I was pleased :) Our schedule doesn't look that bad this year so I have high hopes.

Bama? wow. If you are going to have a poll it would be hard not to put them back at #1.

I was rooting for Vandy. They got hosed with that late non-call.

Auburn has really fallen off.
 Post Number: 87
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2012, 10:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was cheering for Vandy, too - totally robbed on that missed call.

Andre Hal is from our little town, so we are big supporters of Vandy football.  What a great way for this kid to break out of here and experience the world.  Most kids from here, particularly from his part of town, just stay here forever and don't go to college - even though there are two within 15 minutes.

--------------
 Post Number: 88
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 05 2012, 9:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I thought TN played great too.

I did want Vandy to win, because honestly, they played well and didn't show up to get beat.

I think FL and AU will do okay. It'll take them some time, but they'll be alright.

--------------

Post Number: 89

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 05 2012, 11:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(VAN @ Sep. 04 2012, 4:49 pm)

(LostSheep @ Sep. 04 2012, 5:22 pm)
Texas AM Billboard story

Ya I heard about this. Texas A&M is saying they had nothing to do with it and are prosecuting those who are responsible, hmmm. Looks like someone is asking for a "Welcome to the SEC A$$ Kickin".

We did finally settle on a QB, Jeff Driskell. He played high school ball around here, so people are very excited. I hope it was the right choice!!

Welcome them real good.  Then welcome them some more.  :D

--------------

Post Number: 90
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 08 2012, 11:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Holy cow, Arkansas lost to ULM.  Shocking!!

--------------
365 replies since Jul. 19 2012, 8:43 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 3 of 13<<1234567>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply SEC Football 2012
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions