2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: football, and the TV demons, Why?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2012, 6:47 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Some of us in the rest of the nation are football fans, just like those in the SEC.  My question is this. While I realize schedule conflicts happen during bowl week, why do the various networks arrange for the top games to compete against each other?  Take Saturday for example.  At 7 PM ET, my beloved Oregon Ducks take on those hated Trojans of USC.  At 8 PM, we have head to head conflict between the UA-LSU game and the OSU-KsSt game.

These games will have an impact on the BCS, and the NC I am certain.  They are more attractive than the ND-Pitt game.

Now, I will watch all of the UO-USC game, and will record the others so I can get to them later.  In all honesty, I think the advertisers would prefer we stack those games back to back, like the Sunday NFL games.  Start 1 at 1PM ET, then the next at 4:30, and the last one at 8.  Yes, I know this is hard on some folks, but Sunday is not a typical work day, and we get an extra hour to sleep this Sat night with the Fall Back Daylight savings time shindig.

OK, rant over.  Thanks for dropping by.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2012, 7:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's why you can have a DVR.  and Internet.  and other ways of getting results.

Multitask...multiplex

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 3
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2012, 8:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I hear ya! I find every weekend I can't watch all the games I want.

The UF-Mizzou game is on at noon, and then I will be flipping back and forth between LSU/Bama and Oregon/USC.

Ole Zeke - Please run all over Lane Kiffin. My TN hubby will be so happy :)

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 4
CajunHiker Search for posts by this member.
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 03 2012, 11:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

SEC games are on ALL day here every Saturday.  I think the schedule is great!

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
3 replies since Nov. 02 2012, 6:47 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply football, and the TV demons
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions