2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Hunting / wearing orange on GA AT, also shuttle ?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
bbzoe Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 10:51 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey everyone,

My bro and I are hiking from the beginning to Neels Gap around Thanksgiving and I was wondering if we needed to wear bright orange or not. I don't know anything about hunting or where it is legally or not legally happening. Thanks for any advice.

Also we are looking for a shuttle from Neels Gap down to the beginning. Most of the stuff I find seems to be from the airport to the trail and I really didn't want to pay for someones commute from Atlanta.

Thanks!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
hiking_tiger Search for posts by this member.
sekk, plyndre, og deretter brenne

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 1:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Check whiteblaze.net.  Should have good shuttle info.

You're smack dab in the middle of gun season.  Browse around here to see if they allow it near the AT.

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
bad knees Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 2:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I know I would wear orange.  And maybe hi vis green.  Just because they aren't allowed to hunt in a place doesn't mean they won't.  Just no white!

--------------
Nature bats last!

Post Number: 4
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 5:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(bad knees @ Nov. 07 2012, 2:19 pm)
I know I would wear orange.  And maybe hi vis green.  Just because they aren't allowed to hunt in a place doesn't mean they won't.  Just no white!

And no tans/browns.  

Yes, wear your blaze orange.  I've got two hats that I wear whenever hunting season is in, even in camp.  Screaming greens are good.   A blaze or yellow or red pack cover is a good thing.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 5
bad knees Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 7:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Nov. 07 2012, 5:32 pm)

(bad knees @ Nov. 07 2012, 2:19 pm)

And no tans/browns.  

Yes, wear your blaze orange.  I've got two hats that I wear whenever hunting season is in, even in camp.  Screaming greens are good.   A blaze or yellow or red pack cover is a good thing.

we decided up here that as the leaves turned, that orange wasn't good enough.  Too close to the colors.  Hi vis green is better.  The orange blended in.

--------------
Nature bats last!

Post Number: 6
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2012, 7:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Around Turkey Day, North Georgia is brown and green.  And the salient point: hunters, legal or not, associate blaze orange with people.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 7
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 08 2012, 9:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yep.  Many states require hunters to wear blaze orange.

This time of year it's a good idea to make yourself look like another hunter.

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
6 replies since Nov. 07 2012, 10:51 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Hunting / wearing orange on GA AT
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions