2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: (4) NC Dayhike Reports w/Pics, New guy here!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
HikerDude73 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 10:09 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Panthertown Valley Blog (Link)

The Tanawha Trail Blog (Link)

Linville Gorge Blog (Link)

Grandfather Mountain Blog (Link)

I just wanted to introduce myself. Been an avid hiker for the past 13yrs ever since I moved from the flatland of the Midwest down to Georgia. I fell in love with the southern Appalachians since my first hike here in 1999 & have been hiking & exploring ever since. I'm in the Mtns of GA-TN-NC as often as I can be.

My main hobbies are dayhiking, nature photography & motorcycle touring. I combine all three of them on my blog but I've been doing more hiking lately. My wife & sons accompany me many of the times which makes for good honest family time as well.

If your interested in reading about my four most recent dayhikes please feel free to view anyone of them that I posted links to above.

I'm looking forward to reading other's trail reports from the SE and adding more hike ideas to my bucket list. The next one I'm interested in doing is an overnighter at Mount LeConte in the Smokies.

Thanks,

Nathan
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 10:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey Nathan! Nice blog and reports. There are a lot of people in your area. I'm down in Florida, but try my darnedest to get up to the mountains 1-2 times a year.

Welcome to the SEC (Southern Expeditionary Crewe)!

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 3
hiking_tiger Search for posts by this member.
sekk, plyndre, og deretter brenne

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 11:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Welcome, Nathan.  Nice blog (just had time for Grandfather...more later, promise).

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4
ashepabst Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 12:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

welcome, Nathan. i'm lovin your website.

have fun on Leconte -- that's one of my favorites.

--------------
      /\    /\/\        / \       / \
 /\/   \ /      \  /\ /    \-^/    \^.   /\
/   \    \        \/  \       \ /       \ \ /  \ /\
     \     \       \    \       /          \/     /   \
                           \    /             \
 Post Number: 5
wornoutboots Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 4:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Welcome & Thanks!!!

--------------
Take time to watch the trees dance with the wind......then join in
 Post Number: 6
wornoutboots Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 4:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Doing LeConte I suggest you take the AT to the Blvd, then loop out down Alum Cave, it will give you the best bang for your buck. Start a little early & hit Charlies Bunion 1st a mile or 2 out the AT for some Amazing Views! For a little longer weekend, there are several options!! I parked on Roaring Fork motor trail out of Gatlinburg a few years ago & hit site # 31, 30 & then Leconte Shelter before coming down Alum Cave & hitching back to town.

--------------
Take time to watch the trees dance with the wind......then join in
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 28 2012, 8:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thank you all!
 Post Number: 8
Owen571 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 22 2013, 12:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm gonna have to start following your blog. Don't know how I missed these reports, but I really enjoyed them, and will probably check out some, or all, of those places.
Thanks!
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 25 2013, 8:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Owen571 @ Feb. 22 2013, 12:19 pm)
I'm gonna have to start following your blog. Don't know how I missed these reports, but I really enjoyed them, and will probably check out some, or all, of those places.
Thanks!

Thanks. Yeah the Grandfather Mtn hike & Tanawha trail hike are awesome and are connected to each other and are a must hike. You could do a 2-3 day hike just right there.

Linville Gorge is tremendous as well. I would like to get some more backpacking in down in the gorge next time. They have some very rugged & steep trails coming up the canyon walls there. Nut Buster trails!
8 replies since Nov. 27 2012, 10:09 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply (4) NC Dayhike Reports w/Pics
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions