2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 612345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: SEC Football 2013, let's get it started in here...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
hiking_tiger Search for posts by this member.
sekk, plyndre, og deretter brenne

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 1:32 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Since JRinGeorgia asked...here's the 2013 thread.  About 235 days until kickoff. (I didn't find anyone playing before 8/31, but I didn't check every Div I-A schedule.)

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Owen571 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 2:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've just started looking at the schedules for next season. Poor Missouri.  UGA, UF, USC back to back in the middle, then Ole Miss and Texas A&M back to back to end the season.

I like this site. Make it easy to reference the schedule of opponents while looking at your own team's:
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sec-football-schedules.php
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 3:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Owen571 @ Jan. 08 2013, 1:14 pm)
I like this site. Make it easy to reference the schedule of opponents while looking at your own team's:
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sec-football-schedules.php

That's the one I was looking at.  I figure someone opens the season on Thursday or something, but didn't take the time to scour every schedule.

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
 Post Number: 4
retired reddog Search for posts by this member.
"I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 3:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

--------------
Good night Chesty, where ever you are!-(It's a Marine thing.)

“The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle!”
General John Pershing, United States Army
 Post Number: 5
John Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2013, 12:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(retired reddog @ Jan. 08 2013, 2:09 pm)

Yeah, that guy's a beast!
 Post Number: 6
JRinGeorgia Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2013, 8:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hiking_tiger @ Jan. 08 2013, 1:32 pm)
Since JRinGeorgia asked...here's the 2013 thread.

Well I figured the BSC Championship game had been over for a full eight hours, so this thread was long overdue...  :p

Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

--------------
- JRinGeorgia
 Post Number: 7
HikerDude73 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2013, 10:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Alabama will be even better in 2013. Lets just give them the trophy now and look forward to the 2014 playoff season so that we can perhaps find a much more compelling title game matchup.

Aaron Murray is returning for Georgia and they should be good again.

South Carolina is solid at the QB position & their defense will be good again.

Les Miles is still a maniac and they'll find a way to loose one or two games somehow.

Tennessee is still living off the good ole days of late 1990's in their minds.

Auburn is a currently a disaster.

Texas A&M is the team to possibly challenge Alabama next year in the west.

Florida has a good defense but needs to sharpen up their offense.

Missouri is wishing it was back in the Big12 I think.

Arkansas may never recover from the biggest idiot coach in football...Bobby Petrino. And I have no clue why Bret Bielema left a successful & perfect situation for himself in WI to come to a middle of the pack SEC team in disarray?

Kentucky...when does basketball season start???

Ole Miss & Miss State...some of the hottest co-eds in the conference...thats about it.

Vanderbilt surprised a lot this year, was very respectable & has a very good coach now.

(6) SEC teams...AL, GA, Texas A&M, SC, FL, LSU will all be in the top 25 all year again next year.
 Post Number: 8
CajunHiker Search for posts by this member.
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2013, 7:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That's a pretty good synopsis!  

Ole Miss has the finest tailgating - crystal and sterling and candelabras, anyone? - while most of the rest of the SEC has rowdier parties.  That should continue, too!

Re: Arkansas's coach ... if he succeeds, he'll have a job anywhere he wants.

Vandy dumped a bunch of $$ into its football program so it can be competitive.  Seems to be working.  Andre Hal on Vandy's team is from my little town, so we cheer them on.  Another local kid is supposed to be there next year.  LSU rarely recruits from here.

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 9
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 14 2013, 1:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just as things were looking up for Syracuse, their coach leaves, along with their top prospect (and probably others in the near future). New coach + new conference + poor incoming class = bad year.

So, what SEC team should I root for in 2013? Anyone but Auburn (still holding a grudge from 1988).

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 10
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 17 2013, 12:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Cheer for all of them!  :)

GEAUX (LSU) TIGERS!!

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 11
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 17 2013, 7:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Have you all heard about this? What the hell is going on over at Notre Dame?

ESPN

NY Magazine

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 30 2013, 9:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CajunHiker @ Jan. 17 2013, 12:09 am)

GEAUX (LSU) TIGERS!!

Good point. Maybe I'll root for whoever is playing against Auburn.

--------------
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 30 2013, 1:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Jan. 30 2013, 8:32 am)

GEAUX (LSU) TIGERS!!

I would have thought the 2001 game would have made up for that. ???

--------------

Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 30 2013, 4:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hiking_tiger @ Jan. 30 2013, 1:32 pm)

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Jan. 30 2013, 8:32 am)

GEAUX (LSU) TIGERS!!

I would have thought the 2001 game would have made up for that. ???

We weren't playing for a potential national championship in 2001.

--------------
 Post Number: 15
Owen571 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2013, 5:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"The top linebacker recruit in the nation, Reuben Foster, announced earlier in the week that he would be flipping from Auburn to the Alabama Crimson Tide and he made that announcement official Wednesday morning on National Signing Day."
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 1:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Pa-role Tide!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2013....network

--------------
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 3:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Feb. 13 2013, 1:02 pm)

Didn't they learn anything from Cam Newton?....

Oh wait.

You can steal things in the SEC, get kicked off one team (my gators mind you), picked up by another (Auburn), win a national championship, and then go play in the NFL.

Tisk tisk.

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 15 2013, 12:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(VAN @ Feb. 13 2013, 2:07 pm)

Oh wait.

You can steal things in the SEC, get kicked off one team (my gators mind you), picked up by another (Auburn), win a national championship, and then go play in the NFL.

Tisk tisk.

If they serve time and have eligibility left, should they not be allowed back (as, say, walk-ons)?  Or is it one mistake and out of the sport for good?

--------------

Post Number: 19
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 15 2013, 11:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Everyone deserves a second chance.  Goodness knows I've screwed up a time or two!

--------------
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 16 2013, 10:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CajunHiker @ Feb. 15 2013, 11:49 pm)
Everyone deserves a second chance.  Goodness knows I've screwed up a time or two!

I agree with this. But it doesn't help when universities get the reputation of "University of Felons" as they sometimes called UF during Urban Meyer's time.

I mean, we also had Chris Rainey and his whole "Time to Die B!tch" comments. And he ended up getting his second chance (in the NFL) and blew it. But domestic violence is a lot worse then theft... or is it? I'm not the judge of that.

Chris Rainey

--------------
 Post Number: 21
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 16 2013, 12:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm proud to be associated with schools who own up to the faults and then give players a second chance ... even when the players screw up again.

--------------
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 16 2013, 11:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(VAN @ Feb. 16 2013, 9:53 am)

(CajunHiker @ Feb. 15 2013, 11:49 pm)

I agree with this. But it doesn't help when universities get the reputation of "University of Felons" as they sometimes called UF during Urban Meyer's time.

Your Gators have to try a lot harder to top Felony State University...or was that Free Shoes University?  :p

--------------

Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 17 2013, 7:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hiking_tiger @ Feb. 16 2013, 11:12 pm)
Your Gators have to try a lot harder to top Felony State University...or was that Free Shoes University?  :p

LOL Free Shoes.

My sister is an alum. I try to play nice. (Usually, I fail)

--------------
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 18 2013, 9:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CajunHiker @ Feb. 16 2013, 12:41 pm)
I'm proud to be associated with schools who own up to the faults and then give players a second chance ... even when the players screw up again.

That's fine, as long as they give the same 2nd chance to a  student who isn't an athlete. Somehow, running fast seems to increase the probablility of 2nd chances.

Granted, it can work both ways. I've seen SU players punished far more severely than those in the general student body.

--------------
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 18 2013, 9:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(VAN @ Feb. 16 2013, 10:53 am)
I mean, we also had Chris Rainey and his whole "Time to Die B!tch" comments. And he ended up getting his second chance (in the NFL) and blew it.

Don't fret. The Bengals will sign him.

--------------
 Post Number: 26
rophle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 18 2013, 8:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(VAN @ Feb. 13 2013, 3:07 pm)

Oh wait.

Tisk tisk.

Not to get too nit-picky, but the article was about Alabama; not Auburn, which is where Cam went.  My beloved Auburn Tigers get enough bad publicity as it is, we don't want to get credit for someone else's.
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 18 2013, 9:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(rophle @ Feb. 18 2013, 8:32 pm)

Oh wait.

Tisk tisk.

Not to get too nit-picky, but the article was about Alabama; not Auburn, which is where Cam went.  My beloved Auburn Tigers get enough bad publicity as it is, we don't want to get credit for someone else's.

I know Cam went to Auburn. I was just making a general statement. The "they" meant the SEC in general.

And I said "You can steal things in the SEC, get kicked off one team (my gators mind you), picked up by another (Auburn), win a national championship, and then go play in the NFL. "

See.. Auburn. Not Bama  :cool:

No worries.

--------------
 Post Number: 28
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 18 2013, 11:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Feb. 18 2013, 8:38 am)

(CajunHiker @ Feb. 16 2013, 12:41 pm)

That's fine, as long as they give the same 2nd chance to a  student who isn't an athlete. Somehow, running fast seems to increase the probablility of 2nd chances.

Granted, it can work both ways. I've seen SU players punished far more severely than those in the general student body.

Non-athletes also get plenty of second chances.  Plus non-athletes don't get kicked out of school for fairly minor criminal activity and non-athletes don't have their names / pictures splashed around by the media when they do something wrong.  Sure, the athletes get more glory than the academics, but I'll take the shadows over the limelight any day.

--------------
 Post Number: 29
rophle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 19 2013, 9:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(VAN @ Feb. 18 2013, 9:45 pm)

(rophle @ Feb. 18 2013, 8:32 pm)

Oh wait.

Tisk tisk.

I know Cam went to Auburn. I was just making a general statement. The "they" meant the SEC in general.

And I said "You can steal things in the SEC, get kicked off one team (my gators mind you), picked up by another (Auburn), win a national championship, and then go play in the NFL. "

See.. Auburn. Not Bama  :cool:

No worries.

Sorry for mis-understanding. I thought the "they" meant Auburn since you put it in the same sentence with Cam.
 Post Number: 30
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 27 2013, 11:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

SEC Breaks Record with 63 Players Selected in 2013 NFL Draft

"Overall, the 63 players make up 24.8 percent of the 254 total picks. For a point of reference, an SEC player was coming off the board nearly every four picks in this record-breaking draft."

http://bleacherreport.com/article....t=hp_t4

--------------
170 replies since Jan. 08 2013, 1:32 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 612345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply SEC Football 2013
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions