2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 612345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: HOTB 2013< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 11 2013, 10:41 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Never too soon to start planning  :D

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
CajunHiker Search for posts by this member.
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 11 2013, 10:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm in!  :D  

I couldn't book the primitive site online and I haven't had a chance to call, but maybe tomorrow - I'm suddenly staying at home all weekend because PB has the flu.  Ack!  I'll post the exact dates ... or maybe we should just reserve 3 or 4 cabins!  

Oh wait - they're booked already ... as are half the RV sites!!

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 3
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 9:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We are going to do our best to be there this year, kiddos and all. Since PPants and I have limited vacation (both of us started new jobs this year), we're going to request this one early :) Let me know when we've firmed up some dates!

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 4
Roger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 12:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok now what to do? Is there another weekend that would work?

--------------
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain
 Post Number: 5
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 12:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'll start laying the groundwork with Tara. Her sister being in New Orleans means that even if she doesn't want to go to HOTB, maybe she can go visit her family while I come to the Bayou.

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 1:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have a cabin booked for the usual weekend, both Friday and Sat nights for any non camping types

--------------
 Post Number: 7
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 2:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'll probably be on a different work schedule by then. I hope HOTB coincides with my days off.  :)
 Post Number: 8
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 2:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Keep me posted.  I plan to be there with the kids, just like last year.  Wouldn't miss it at this point.  What are the dates, specifically?

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 4:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Roger - the TENT camping is available - people like Chuck sucked up the cabins.  :;):

Just called AGAIN and the reservation is now closed on the weekends - check online, the message says.  Gah!  There's the online system, of course, but it doesn't include our caming area.  Every year since the online reservation system was implemented, I call the Reservation Number and am told that it's online; then they search and can't find it; then they look in some top secret file, locate the group area, and book us.   Like magic.  Seriously.

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 10
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 4:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh, and last full weekend in October, as usual.

--------------
 Post Number: 11
Roger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 5:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok..... if the weather is bad we can all stay at Chuck's cabin!  

I plan on being there with several paddle craft and I will bring the big tent for Mike and family since that seemed to work out well last year.

--------------
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain
 Post Number: 12
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 12 2013, 9:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Can't wait!  :)

--------------
 Post Number: 13
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 13 2013, 9:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CajunHiker @ Jan. 12 2013, 4:55 pm)
Oh, and last full weekend in October, as usual.

Well, we will put in a request as soon as allowed. In my job, they do requests each semester. So I can put in at the end of spring for both summer and fall.

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 14
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 13 2013, 2:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

YIPPEE!!

--------------
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 13 2013, 4:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I got the cabin for my wife, it is available for others if they would like

--------------
 Post Number: 16
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 13 2013, 6:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sweet barter.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 17
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 13 2013, 6:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Jan. 13 2013, 6:37 pm)
Sweet barter.

:D

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 13 2013, 6:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Jan. 13 2013, 6:37 pm)
Sweet barter.

Karma was good that day, once Louisiana Parks meet her they may want they cabin back :D

--------------
 Post Number: 19
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 13 2013, 8:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm so glad we'll finally get to meet the mysterious MrsD.  :)

--------------
 Post Number: 20
rophle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 13 2013, 10:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you all are taking new members to the group, I'd be interested in coming over for the weekend.  I'll probably be bringing my 5 year old son with me if this is a kid friendly outting.
 Post Number: 21
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 13 2013, 10:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yep, kid friendly and all are welcome.  So far, we've been far under our 50-person limit, so I don't think there will be any worries about that.  :)  Welcome!

--------------
 Post Number: 22
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 14 2013, 12:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CajunHiker @ Jan. 13 2013, 10:30 pm)
Yep, kid friendly and all are welcome.  So far, we've been far under our 50-person limit, so I don't think there will be any worries about that.  :)  Welcome!

Well, it depends on what you consider kid friendly.  :D  So when is it? I never saw a date. Weekend of the 25th?

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 23
rophle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 14 2013, 7:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Great. Well consider us in.
 Post Number: 24
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 14 2013, 10:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Confirmed - Oct 25-27, 2013, which is the last full weekend in October. Maybe this year I'll actually be able to take that Friday off!  :)

--------------
 Post Number: 25
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 14 2013, 11:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(rophle @ Jan. 13 2013, 8:01 pm)
If you all are taking new members to the group, I'd be interested in coming over for the weekend.  I'll probably be bringing my 5 year old son with me if this is a kid friendly outting.

My kids will be 5 & 7 there this year, they'd love to have some company to play with.  The grown-ups are boring. :)

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 26
Mudslide1 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 14 2013, 11:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Can yall give me a roundabout location of this? Im gonna try to make this happen if I dont have to work that weekend and its not too far away from Jawja!! :)
 Post Number: 27
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 15 2013, 12:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Lake Fausse Pointe State Park, sort of near St. Martinville, Louisiana ... or about 60 - 90 minutes west-ish from Baton Rouge.

--------------
 Post Number: 28
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 15 2013, 11:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

At least you'll only be missing the Furman game.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 29
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 15 2013, 6:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If there's an LSU game on, all the RVs will have it on t.v.  They don't mind sharing ... so long as you're wearing the right colors!  :;):

--------------
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 15 2013, 10:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

If I remember right, one year they had the LSU game on the screen at the amphitheater

--------------
163 replies since Jan. 11 2013, 10:41 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 612345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply HOTB 2013
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions