2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Perrys Branch Falls, Tennessee State Parks< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
magicmomma Search for posts by this member.
Wildest Flower in Tennessee

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2013, 11:43 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here is a short video of Perry's Branch Falls, a 70 ft beauty that actually lies within the boundaries of a Tennessee State Park.  It is off trail part of the way and the existing trail is unofficial.  Access right now involves some minor trespassing to cross private land and some navigation skills.  The stream starts underground in a cave and emerges to flow down the slope and over a cliff. It is way cool since the cut of the cliff provides opportunities to carefully climb out on the projections of stone and see the entire falls from either side!

We approached it from the top, but next time I'd like to devote some time to coming in from the bottom. The gorge below looks beautiful.  I also think the trail at the top continues out to the un-named bonus falls we spotted. I expect it dries up in Summer.  We saw lots of Spring wildflowers and numerous cascades above the trail.

More to explore in the future!

We found so much stuff this trip that will carry us into the next episode in a couple weeks.  What a trip this was!

--------------
"My progress was rendered delightful by the sylvan elegance of the groves, chearful meadows, and high distant forests, which in grand order presented themselves to view."~~William Bartram
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Owen571 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2013, 11:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That's a beautiful fall. One of these days I'll learn to make a slidehow instead of posting walls of pics. That's especially nice combining it with video.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2013, 12:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It is a really worthy hike/bushwhack.  I have known how to use movie maker for a time now,but I often forget I can use still images with it rather than only video.
A few choice photos help illustrate an area and this area was interesting for sure.     This belongs to Fall Creek Falls State Park.
I'll be watching to see how they figure out access to this area.
I imagine they'll try to get folks in from below.

I had hoped when we got to the falls we'd find a path leading down out of the gorge and just make a big circle. It was not to be.  Had to turn around and head back up the mountain.  At least we picked a better path up than we did down!

--------------
"My progress was rendered delightful by the sylvan elegance of the groves, chearful meadows, and high distant forests, which in grand order presented themselves to view."~~William Bartram
 Post Number: 4
oldnolder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2013, 1:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Very nice.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 26 2013, 2:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thank you oldnolder.

--------------
4 replies since Mar. 26 2013, 11:43 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Perrys Branch Falls
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions