2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Forum Member Name Question?, Who Was the Dude?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
magicmomma Search for posts by this member.
Wildest Flower in Tennessee

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 28 2013, 8:55 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What was the online name of the dude who used to post on here from Memphis/Arkansas area?  Seems like his real life 1st name was Beau. He had a blog called Jack Burns Lives.
He used to go to the Smokies, but had gotten to where he did not like it anymore and fussed about it.

He was a poster on TPA a lot.   It is not important, but its one of those things that has been bugging me trying to recollect it.  

I can see his face, but I cannot call his name. I tried looking up the blog, but no luck on that.  

Thanks in advance for answers if you have 'em!

edited to add: He was real big on Edward Abbey quotes

--------------
"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."~~Isaiah 53:5
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 28 2013, 9:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"I can see his face, but I cannot call his name.."

Dayum, girl. You sound like my last wife.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: May 29 2013, 5:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I did manage to find the blog you refer to but no other info.  Sorry.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: May 29 2013, 6:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Share the link!? Maybe it would help jog my memory. I'm having a half-heimers moment!

--------------
"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."~~Isaiah 53:5
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: May 29 2013, 8:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://jackburnslives.wordpress.com

Looks like it's been inactive a few years

--------------
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: May 29 2013, 9:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks. This guy .. gawd. Who would ever read it on purpose? He takes negativity to a whole new level.  Unhappy man. I still can't recall his online name.  It doesn't really matter.  It has been inactive at least since Aug. 2011.

--------------
 Post Number: 7
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: May 29 2013, 1:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Jack Burns was a reoccurring character in Ed Abbey novels including The Brave Cowboy (made into a movie called Lonely Are the Brave staring Kurt Douglas), Good News and Hayduke Lives!

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: May 29 2013, 1:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

desertdweller, thanks I knew he was a character.  I don't know why i get stuff like this on my mind! haha!

--------------
 Post Number: 9
zenlizard Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 04 2013, 12:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

karma police
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 04 2013, 6:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

yes! Thank you very much. That's it!

--------------
9 replies since May 28 2013, 8:55 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Forum Member Name Question?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions