2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: WHAT. A. BALLGAME!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
TDale Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 28 2013, 7:25 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

UGA - LSU  definitley the game of the week. Maybe the game of the year.

I'm glad UGA won but props to LSU.  That was a game for the ages.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
JRinGeorgia Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 30 2013, 3:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Agree, it really was a great game by any measure.

--------------
- JRinGeorgia
 Post Number: 3
CajunHiker Search for posts by this member.
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 30 2013, 10:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Agreed!  That might be the game that decides the national championship this year.  ;)

I like more defense in a game -- there was way too much offense and not enough defense for both teams, in my opinion, but it was a great game between evenly matched teams.

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 4
Tipi Walter Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2013, 7:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Agree---maybe the best game I've seen in the last year.  Thankfully they are re-showing it several times on TV this week.  Most of the great games I miss on TV since I'm out in the woods so I have to listen to them on the radio.  Not the same.  I was home for this one.  

The TN Vols used to be a powerhouse to contend with teams like LSU and Georgia.  Not any more.  But there's is one bright spot---Lane Kiffin got fired at USC at 4 in the morning after stepping off the team bus with his loss to Arizona.  Millions of TN fans slept like babies.

--------------
http://trailjournals.com/TipiWalter11

http://tipiwalter.smugmug.com/
 Post Number: 5
ashepabst Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2013, 9:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Tipi Walter @ Oct. 01 2013, 7:58 am)
But there's is one bright spot---Lane Kiffin got fired at USC at 4 in the morning after stepping off the team bus with his loss to Arizona.  Millions of TN fans slept like babies.

...and how sweet it is. it almost makes up for our decade+ in the wilderness

--------------
      /\    /\/\        / \       / \
 /\/   \ /      \  /\ /    \-^/    \^.   /\
/   \    \        \/  \       \ /       \ \ /  \ /\
     \     \       \    \       /          \/     /   \
                           \    /             \
 Post Number: 6
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2013, 12:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Tennessee will come back -- when Tennessee was great in the 90s, LSU really sucked.  I suspect those days will come again.

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 7
Tipi Walter Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2013, 8:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

But it won't be this weekend as TN faces the Dawgs and the Dawgs are all fired up with the LSU win.

--------------
http://trailjournals.com/TipiWalter11

http://tipiwalter.smugmug.com/
 Post Number: 8
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 06 2013, 2:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

The UGA - UTenn game was pretty darn close!  I didn't get to watch the game, but the final score ... wow!

--------------
7 replies since Sep. 28 2013, 7:25 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply WHAT. A. BALLGAME!
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions