2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Ok, who's gonna come help me move?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
TDale Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 31 2013, 8:34 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I can get it all loaded on the truck in Mesena.  I could use some help unloading in Norcross.  Pizza, beer and future obligation to be paid.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 31 2013, 9:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

When?

ETA: How big is the truck?

I will say in advance that I have paddling plans for Nov 15 -23.

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 3
kevinumberger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 31 2013, 9:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And if you give me: weed, whites, and wine
And you show me a sign
I'll be willin', to be movin'
 Post Number: 4
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 01 2013, 5:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

When?

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 01 2013, 9:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Tentatively, the 16th.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 6
CajunHiker Search for posts by this member.
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 01 2013, 11:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I wish I could -- it'll be a lot of work, but worth it in the end.  :)

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 03 2013, 8:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CajunHiker @ Nov. 01 2013, 11:42 pm)
I wish I could -- it'll be a lot of work, but worth it in the end.  :)

I've moved over 30 times, so it's no big deal.

Worth it?

This is probably the last job I'll ever have.

--------------
 Post Number: 8
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 03 2013, 1:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I just got a phone invite to help but I'm working   :;):

I just looked it up, T. If I go I-85 (with no traffic) one hour five minutes. If I go around I-285 (Where there actually won't be any traffic) one hour fifteen minutes.

Congratulations, bro. Sounds like a good move.  :)

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 9
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 03 2013, 2:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was kidding about working but I just looked. I am scheduled to work the 15th through the 18th. I am off the 8th through the 14th if there is any chance you can bring some bigger stuff then.
Disclaimer: As you are aware, my schedule can change at any moment and I reserve the right to go to work on said dates should I receive the call to do so.   :D

Anyway, if I'm off work and kidless and can be used. I'm yours.

Look forward to seeing you more.

--------------
 Post Number: 10
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 03 2013, 5:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I posted this on facebook.
"I just heard from Tdale. Dude is moving again. For a new job. Sounds like a pretty kick ass and stable gig. Rock on Dalester."
It got 13 likes before I could log off. That is more likes than I've ever had on a non-nude post.
Get on FB.

--------------
 Post Number: 11
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 05 2013, 8:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Nov. 01 2013, 9:06 pm)
Tentatively, the 16th.

I will get off of work that morning at 6 am after working 12 12 hour shifts in a row. Well the first one just turned into a 13 hour shift.  ???  I might could make it on the 17th if that'll help.

And yeah, get back on FaceSpace.
 Post Number: 12
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 05 2013, 8:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eyebp @ Nov. 03 2013, 5:39 pm)
I posted this on facebook.
"I just heard from Tdale. Dude is moving again. For a new job. Sounds like a pretty kick ass and stable gig. Rock on Dalester."
It got 13 likes before I could log off. That is more likes than I've ever had on a non-nude post.
Get on FB.

That status update is still going.  :D
 Post Number: 13
Roger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 05 2013, 5:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hope to  be paddling the Forgotten Coast with ol-zeke.

--------------
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 05 2013, 6:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, I think I have it covered.  The only really heavy thing I have is one freaking huge sofa.  The rest is boxes and furniture I can move with my hand trucks.  I can even move the sofa with just a dolly and willpower.

I may have to postpone the move a week due to a big quote we need to finish by the 19th.

--------------
 Post Number: 15
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 05 2013, 7:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Let us know as soon as possible so we can make up more stuff we are doing.

--------------
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 05 2013, 7:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Will do, eye, will do.

--------------
 Post Number: 17
gunslinger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 10 2013, 10:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I suggest we all throw in a hundred dollar bill and hire 2 men and a truck.

I used them for the last couple of moves I did and it really made things easy......the showed up with a couple of the local college football players who needed a good workout.....had the place packed up and empty, along with setup on the other side in one day.

TDale, if you don't mind, give them a call and get a price....I'm guessing less than $600 but I may be wrong.....

Of course, we can still do the things Kevin suggested...but without the sore backs.....

--------------
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
16 replies since Oct. 31 2013, 8:34 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Ok, who's gonna come help me move?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions