2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Magicmomma's Come Back Hike-Wilson Falls!, Can I get a Whoot Whoot! Yeahhhhh!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
magicmomma Search for posts by this member.
Wildest Flower in Tennessee

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2014, 3:43 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Heller! How y'all durrin?

Here is an update on how I be durring.
I'm fine as frog hair.  When I pick a come back hike.... I get serious!

Last Wed. night I felt something changing rapidly.  My brain is rebooting itself.  Clearing out the cobwebs.  I drove home Wed. night from my daughters house AT NIGHT!

Two days later I drove to work with no eye patch.
I watched the cards falling into place to do a hike/bushwhack that was so hard...... I would not even let myself think of it.

Dana & Kenny
Mike
Marlene
and Dwayne all made the trip to the seldom visited 400 ft , ultra remote Wilson Falls in the Smokies.

It was hard as hell. It was a prayed over decision before we did it. This was a God thing.  It came to be spontaneously and rapidly.  My balance and depth perception was not 100%, but with help and encouragement from my hubby and friends....... I did it!
We did it.

It was beautiful. I will write it up and post the full TR when I can. I'm way behind on my writing.

Thanks for the support and prayers and encouragement.
It has paid off.

Wilson Falls.. a portion of it with a rainbow !

Wilson Falls.. one portion of it.

--------------
"My progress was rendered delightful by the sylvan elegance of the groves, chearful meadows, and high distant forests, which in grand order presented themselves to view."~~William Bartram
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Bass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2014, 5:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Great news! I know that it has been an ordeal. Welcome back!

--------------
watch "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2014, 7:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thank you! I am planning a bp trip with a couple gals.  Probably going to do Panthertown. I just enjoyed that so much.  Also planning another mystical Smokies trip... Three Forks/Breakneck Ridge Manway.  I can hardly wait!

--------------
"My progress was rendered delightful by the sylvan elegance of the groves, chearful meadows, and high distant forests, which in grand order presented themselves to view."~~William Bartram
 Post Number: 4
markweth Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2014, 1:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Cool photos, glad you're back out hiking!

Sounds like you've got some cool trips planned. Looking forward to more photos and a proper trip report or two!

--------------
Mostly Southeastern Outdoor Scenery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mvweth
 Post Number: 5
ashepabst Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2014, 5:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

yeah, do tell... did you guys decide to take the top-down route?  or did ya do the long haul up from Elkmont?

--------------
      /\    /\/\        / \       / \
 /\/   \ /      \  /\ /    \-^/    \^.   /\
/   \    \        \/  \       \ /       \ \ /  \ /\
     \     \       \    \       /          \/     /   \
                           \    /             \
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 10 2014, 9:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks Markweth and Ashe.  It is good to be outdoors again.  Sweet.
Top down. Mt. Collins to Elkmont.  Shuttle.  Home at 10 pm.  We were off the trail by dark.  Twere a long day.  :-)

--------------
 Post Number: 7
Owen571 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2014, 10:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That is GREAT that you're getting back out there! The waterfalls have still been flowing well the past few weeks, but I don't expect that'll last a whole lot longer.

(magicmomma @ Apr. 09 2014, 2:43 pm)
This was a God thing.  It came to be spontaneously and rapidly.

I want to say that about "uninjuring" myself by tearing cartilage in my ribs last Sunday morning that apparently never healed right after a car wreck 20yrs ago, but it made me miss church, so I've got questions! :D
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2014, 4:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks for the well wishes.  I am grinning like a possum all the time.  After what I've been through it takes A LOT to upset me.  Someone remarked about it recently.  It is true I've always been fairly optimistic person, but more so now.  I'm more chill than I ever was before.  Maybe a little 'brain damage' is good.  ;^D

--------------
 Post Number: 9
lonesomegeorge Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 16 2014, 1:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

hey magicmomma!!!!!!!luv that ya be bloomin' once't again....I don't get by here very often anymore,and just read of your inconvenience's.....glad your spirit still be what it always has....keep on a smilin'.....your ole buddy and brownmouse's love slave,lonesomegeorge.....may the water keep on a fallin'....peace,luv,and cheeseburgers...

--------------
"all you gotta do is open your arms,your heart,and breathe in...the happy,happy,happy will flow into you like the sunshine flows into trees!!!"...brownmouse....as I keep on a smilin'...

www.lonesomegeorge.smugmug.com
8 replies since Apr. 09 2014, 3:43 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Magicmomma's Come Back Hike-Wilson Falls!
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions