2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Chief's site with CS photos, How do I get it to work?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
LangdonGreene Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 27 2014, 9:14 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've tried and tried to access Chief1's website with the GSMNP campsite photos, but for the life of me I cannot get past the Webshot default / opener page -- Chief's personal page URL keeps getting auto-diverted there. I've tried on 2 different computers (2 different IP addys, 2 different operating systems), tried pasting in the URL directly, always same result....  

Am I required to sign up for a Webshots account to view his page? Or is his page gone? Or WTBH is my problem? ;-)

(Oh, and btw: thanks to all of you. I've not posted in the southern forum before today, but for a year or so have lurked and searched old threads and gleaned and digested a TON of excellent info from all y'all.)
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
ashepabst Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 27 2014, 11:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

i used to have Chief's site bookmarked but managed to lose it... it's a great resource.

--------------
/\ /\/\ / \   / \
/\/ \ / \ /\ / \-^/ \^. /\
/ \ \ \/ \ \ / \ \ / \ /\
\  \  \ \ / \/ / \
\ / \
 Post Number: 3
Hiker01 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 27 2014, 2:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You used to able to access it through webshots but when they did some type of upgrade you could no longer get to it.  I used to enjoy looking at all his pics from his multi day excursions.  Hopefully he'll chime in.
 Post Number: 4
chief1 Search for posts by this member.
Labeck

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 30 2014, 12:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry, they shut down that site, ive been traveling in Europe and out west a bit and have not had much time to set up a new web page. I have added many more campsite pics to the file. just need a few suggestions on were would be a good place to set up a web page? BTW when you log in to make your reservations for BC campsites they do show you a pic of that site.

--------------
The Best thing to do behind a Friends back is to Pat it.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
Hiker01 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 30 2014, 5:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Chief for all the pics you have smugmug might be worth looking into.
 Post Number: 6
ashepabst Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 30 2014, 5:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

i've been using Picasa (now Google+) to host my photos for a while now. it's pretty easy to use, easy to upload en masse.

--------------
/\ /\/\ / \   / \
/\/ \ / \ /\ / \-^/ \^. /\
/ \ \ \/ \ \ / \ \ / \ /\
\  \  \ \ / \/ / \
\ / \
 Post Number: 7
pastywhite Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 12 2014, 8:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've found your campsite pictures very useful over the years so I hope you can get them back up somewhere. Google Sites is free and really easy to use if you wanted to do some kind of simple web site. If you just want to post the pictures, Picasa is easy to use and upload.

You do not get pictures when making reservations for the Smokies.
 Post Number: 8
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 12 2014, 8:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Square space comes recommended by my husband!

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 9
Indianabob Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 08 2014, 4:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was actually trying to access Chief's site yesterday -looking ahead to a 3 night trip over Thanksgiving and got on this Forum today looking to see if anyone else had the same trouble.

Good luck getting them posted somewhere new. It was a tremendous resource.
 Post Number: 10
Labeck

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 11 2014, 12:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

here iss a link to where you can see the pics,
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005921085422&sk=photos
I will upload more when I can.

--------------
 Post Number: 11
Labeck

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 12 2014, 9:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

FYI: anyone can add pics to this site, just let me know thru the site and I will link you up. I think that with the help of others we can build a great visual backcountry site page?

--------------
 Post Number: 12
LangdonGreene Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2014, 11:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(chief1 @ Jun. 11 2014, 12:37 pm)
here iss a link to where you can see the pics,
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005921085422&sk=photos
I will upload more when I can.

Excellent.  Thanks so much for doing this!
 Post Number: 13
kevinumberger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2014, 5:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

if i werent so busy and lazy..........i could add a bunch of photos to the site......

over the course of the last few years---i managed to spend a night in each open site........
12 replies since Apr. 27 2014, 9:14 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Chief's site with CS photos
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions