2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Catskill or Harriman pre wedding hike?, Anyone got any interest?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Burner973 Search for posts by this member.
Walk it off

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2012, 10:17 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Getting hitched in a month or so and would like to go out for 2 day backpack or so with some of ya if any of you are interested. Would love to hit the Catskills, got no problem with Harriman either, or really anywhere. Haven't been in the woods to much this last year only twice since December.

--------------
"A map is the greatest of all epic poems. Its lines and colors show the realization of great dreams." Gilbert H. Grosvenor

Peeps who keep repeating there posts sound like this after the second time, DERPA DERP UHHHHH DERPA.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
camper10469 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2012, 5:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Do I hear a 2 day bachelor party?

I'm in!

Cats would be great at the spot we had our first meetup? Easy carry in, n easy carry you out?

We may not want to be up high, hate to see you take the plunge like that.

--------------
 Post Number: 3
Walk it off

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2012, 5:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Camper muh boy!!!! I miss ya man.  I would love to go on a hike with ya in the Cats. If Biscuit Brook is what ya want, I'm down. What are your thoughts on Giant Ledge or that shelter on Peekamoose and Table? I miss the Catskills soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I would love to set camp near a viewpoint if we could. That could be my wedding gift?

--------------
"A map is the greatest of all epic poems. Its lines and colors show the realization of great dreams." Gilbert H. Grosvenor

Peeps who keep repeating there posts sound like this after the second time, DERPA DERP UHHHHH DERPA.
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2012, 6:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

YES YES YES! Catskills is the place for the perfect party!.. and it would be a nice gift.

All the usual suspects have been notified!.. I just don't have Bootstrap's e-mail. Send him an invite?

Exactly what is your due date so we know how much time we have?

When are you free?

Giant Ledge? Peekamoose? Hunter has a nice lean-to? Bisquit Brook is a great spot too.

--------------
 Post Number: 5
Walk it off

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2012, 8:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm all for John Robb lean to. I get hitched on Sept 29th.

--------------

Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2012, 10:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So we've got a month.

Anyone with free dates between now n mid Sept?

--------------
 Post Number: 7
solowalker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2012, 11:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

i think sept. 5th. would be good, i know it's a wednesday but nothing cool is happening that day. :;):
 Post Number: 8
JoeinCT Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 14 2012, 4:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I would love to get away for a day or two.  Let me know about the dates, I will try to get away.  I don't know my schedule much more than a week in advance, so I am no help in planning.

Congrats to you, Burner, wishing you all the best.

Joe

--------------
Remember--Pack out more than you pack in.

Joe
 Post Number: 9
bigsilk Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 14 2012, 8:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I wish I could go.

--------------
There are only two things I don't like about people: They take too long to cook and taste like crap when they're done.
 Post Number: 10
TheRambler Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 15 2012, 7:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am free 9/14-16, sadly that is the only weekend I have off. If we can do it that weekend I am definitely game.
 Post Number: 11
thegriz1 Search for posts by this member.
Will hike for beer

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 15 2012, 8:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Give Me dates, I am off Sun-Mon and can get other days with notice

--------------
Life is too short to drink cheap beer
 Post Number: 12
punkybrewster Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 15 2012, 8:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(solowalker @ Aug. 13 2012, 11:30 pm)
i know it's a wednesday but nothing cool is happening that day.

hahaha
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 15 2012, 10:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey Punky, be sure to make this one? I'm sure you'll enjoy the nuts in this mixed bag.

Sept 14-16.. maybe stay the 17th as well so Griz can join us?... this good for everyone here so far?

BTW Griz if you come Sunday, we are expecting you to resupply the party.

--------------
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 16 2012, 10:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sounds good to me, I should be able to get the 17th off if I request it now. These dates work for everyone else?
 Post Number: 15
Walk it off

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 16 2012, 6:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

sept 14-16th will work for me.

--------------

Post Number: 16
Fox Search for posts by this member.
proudly deviating from the norm

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 16 2012, 8:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I might be able to come hang out for a night

it'd be great to see some of you again and meet the rest

camper - can you mail me directions?
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 16 2012, 10:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Will do, get the PM?

--------------
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 17 2012, 12:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

the date's look good to me also.
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 17 2012, 5:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Can you also pm or email me with the directions camper. Thanks! Lookin to be a good time.
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 17 2012, 9:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'll e-mail all the ususal suspect with details as we get closer to the date. Location may change if we have too many peeps n the lean-to area can't handle it.

Right now we need a show of hands?

Anyone have Bootstrap's e-mail address?... send him an invite please?

I haven't heard from Cybri either.. anyone know where he is?

Ken who was the guy you were with in Hairyman with the shepard?

Seman foot too?

Who else are we missing?

2Dogs, WWBF, Gotagamble, Punky... ?

We can turn this into a meet up as well n really have a blast.

--------------
 Post Number: 21
Walk it off

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 17 2012, 10:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I might have to bow out of this, sorry guys. Enjoy it up there!

--------------

Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 17 2012, 11:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

WHAT? Wedding is off?

You can't bow out!

--------------
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 18 2012, 12:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Burner973 @ Aug. 17 2012, 10:21 pm)
I might have to bow out of this, sorry guys. Enjoy it up there!

DUDE!  ???
 Post Number: 24
Walk it off

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 18 2012, 12:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

well, you guys do what your gonna do and I'll let ya know if I can join ya. I gotta go to bed i got work at 7am.

--------------

Post Number: 25
thegriz1 Search for posts by this member.
Will hike for beer

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 18 2012, 6:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rum?

--------------
Life is too short to drink cheap beer
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 18 2012, 9:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Mixing meds?

--------------
 Post Number: 27
Walk it off

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 18 2012, 12:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

OK I can take off work sept 14-16th. I'll meet ya up there. Day 2 I might hike on to another camp site tho. Looking forward to seeing you guys.

--------------

Post Number: 28
Walk it off

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 18 2012, 4:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm thinking I should bring some baby back ribs, Lloyds to be specific. We should have a bangin dinner up there!

--------------

Post Number: 29
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 18 2012, 7:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bangin' dinner? They have hookers and blow that far from Mancattan?

Congratulations Burner.

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 18 2012, 9:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

SoLo, PMs?

--------------
39 replies since Aug. 13 2012, 10:17 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Catskill or Harriman pre wedding hike?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions