2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Harrimen hikers be aware...., there is an armed fugative on the lose< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
camper10469 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 27 2012, 6:22 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was just notified by the park, there is an armed n dangerous fugative on the lose in Harrimen. I don't know the details yet.

Just be advised when hiking n camping this weekend to be on the look out.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
GottaGamble Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 28 2012, 6:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, I heard about it 2 or 3 days ago. Supposedly the guy snapped and shot his daughter in law and now he is supposedly hiding out in Harriman...which was sort of his backyard... I do not know for sure the details either..that's just what I was told by 2 different people..

--------------
www.mybackpacking.blog.com

"Of all the paths you choose in life, make sure some of them are dirt"
                                      author unknown
 Post Number: 3
jmarklane Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 28 2012, 12:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, I got that notice, too.  Supposedly there are signs at the trailheads.  Maybe a timber rattler will find him...
 Post Number: 4
2Dogs1 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 28 2012, 3:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Local news Channel 12 has it posted as to "Stay out of the Backcountry"
Whatever that means,
 Post Number: 5
solowalker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 29 2012, 11:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

i bet semenfoot got em!
 Post Number: 6
camper10469 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2012, 12:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

But I'll bet his fungus feet are cured by now.

--------------
 Post Number: 7
hikingFF77 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2012, 10:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We're planning on getting there in a couple weeks, my mother is already telling me I'm crazy.  I'll weigh my options when the time gets closer.  The guys going to either be dead from lack of heart meds or self inflicted.  It is a scary thing though, out there, hiding with weapons and no real care of who he hurts.

--------------
“I’m just hanging on while this world keeps spinning and it’s good to know it’s out of my control.  If there’s one thing I’ve learned from all this living is that it wouldn’t change a thing if I let go…”
Jimmy Buffett & Martina McGraw
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 3:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Did they get this guy yet?

--------------

author unknown
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012, 6:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Don't think so.

http://www.lohud.com/article....check=1
 Post Number: 10
OutdoorMagazines Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 10 2012, 4:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

any word yet if they caught this guy?  I was planning to head up there next week.

--------------
Lovin life and enjoying each day, one day at a time.
:D
Outdoor Magazines
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 11
bad knees Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 10 2012, 5:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(OutdoorMagazines @ Oct. 10 2012, 4:27 pm)
any word yet if they caught this guy?  I was planning to head up there next week.

Far as I can tell, he is still at large.  not much news on this.  I bet he is dead by now.  Who knows?  Seems to me you should be able to contact park officials and find out.

--------------
Nature bats last!

Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 10 2012, 5:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

hes probably in mexico by now

--------------

author unknown
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 8:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I doubt he's dead.  I also doubt he's still in the Park (if he ever was).  It's starting to get a bit chilly around there (going down into the 20's tomorrow night).  Wouldn't be much fun without shelter etc.
 Post Number: 14
avidcampr60 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 6:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

tommorrow will be beautiful for an over night. cool crisp day and good foliage. a little chilly at  night, 38-40 maybe. then sunday will be 70 degrees. i was thinking bald mt. any water up there?
 Post Number: 15
Red Sky Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 18 2012, 11:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

so thinking of doing an overnight in harriman next weekend. assuming it's safe by now.
i did a quick google search and it looks like yesterday cadaver dogs were searching an area where a hiker reported smelling a foul odor. doesn't look like they found his body though.
 Post Number: 16
avidcampr60 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 20 2012, 9:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

that foul odor that you are smelling is coming from the city.it is the nypd.the stench from pp is unbearable it permeates the air and it can be smelled in harriman ,so dont worry about it.who cares if that old man is still in the park ,if he crosses my path ,i got something for him.
 Post Number: 17
JasPL Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 21 2012, 5:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(solowalker @ Sep. 29 2012, 11:37 pm)
i bet semenfoot got em!

Have we ruled out that Semen Foot is possibly the assailant? The cold didnt bother him, he was hiking Harrimen last February with no shirt on.
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 24 2012, 10:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I heard a radio report this morning on the way to work that this guy is still at large.  The report said they are trying to get an indictment of him, so he can be arrested in any state.  I assume (and I think LE assume) he is no longer In the Building.
 Post Number: 19
bigsilk Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2012, 12:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(avidcampr60 @ Oct. 20 2012, 9:25 pm)
that foul odor that you are smelling is coming from the city.it is the nypd.the stench from pp is unbearable it permeates the air and it can be smelled in harriman ,so dont worry about it.who cares if that old man is still in the park ,if he crosses my path ,i got something for him.

Keep it up, noobie, keep it up.

--------------
There are only two things I don't like about people: They take too long to cook and taste like crap when they're done.
 Post Number: 20
pudgy_groundhog Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 15 2012, 7:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Any news on what happened to this guy?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 21
hikingFF77 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 15 2012, 11:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I haven't heard any news, but I think after this amount of time and the weather, he's either dead or long gone.  I thought there were people here who have backpacked since he was occupying the area?

--------------
“I’m just hanging on while this world keeps spinning and it’s good to know it’s out of my control.  If there’s one thing I’ve learned from all this living is that it wouldn’t change a thing if I let go…”
Jimmy Buffett & Martina McGraw
20 replies since Sep. 27 2012, 6:22 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Harrimen hikers be aware....
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions