2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: PCT 2013, Planing to Thru Hike the PCT next May< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
HikerManDino Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 28 2012, 11:00 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hello,
My name is Brandon, I am from St. Louis Missouri. Next summer I have an opportunity to thru hike one of our long trails and I have decided on the Pacific Crest Trail. Unfortunately for me I do not know anyone who is in a position to get up and leave there lives behind for 5-6 months. I am 23 in good shape and love to hike, mountain bike, backpack, anything outdoors really. I have started my planning and preparation a year ahead of time to make sure the hike is a success. I have been doing a lot of online research and have recently started reading a few PCT books "The Pacific Crest Trail Hiker's Handbook" by Ray Jardine and I also have the "Pacific Crest Trail Data Book" to help plan even farther. Any advice from any veterans of the trail would be nice.
Thanks.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Scot Search for posts by this member.
Some light Slayer please...

PostIcon Posted on: May 01 2012, 12:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Keep in touch. When you come through my neck of the woods, I'll join you for a section.

--------------
The tree of liberty must be renewed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots for it is its natural manure
 Post Number: 3
Dicentra Search for posts by this member.
Bring it.

PostIcon Posted on: May 01 2012, 12:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You should get yourself on the PCT-L

--------------
One Pan Wonders  ~  Back Country Cooking at its Finest
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4
topshot Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 01 2012, 9:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've actually been reading the blog of a woman that did it last year. Lots of good info.
Erin's PCT Journal
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
cwentworth Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 15 2012, 11:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey Brandon! The PCT has captivated me for quite some time as well. I would check out No-Way Ray's book too! I'm 23 as well, hail from NH, and have grown up in the Whites. I had planned to do the PCT this summer, but due to a back injury had to postpone it. My best friend is attempting a solo thru-hike right now; just spoke to him yesterday and he's around Big Bear and loving it right now! I'm certainly open to the idea of the PCT in '13, but also wanted to let you know that I'll be doing a SOBO thru-hike of the AT starting July 12. Keep me in mind either way! Cheers.
 Post Number: 6
analog42 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 28 2012, 11:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey. Im Adam, 25 years old from Chicago. i plan on hiking the pct next year. Im just starting to plan my hike as well.Should be great.
 Post Number: 7
raelyn Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2013, 10:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey - Planning a SOBO pct in 2013 and looking for potential company.
6 replies since Apr. 28 2012, 11:00 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply PCT 2013
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions