2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: WV/VA/MD Hiking Partner, WV/VA/MD Hiking Partner Needed< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
meshleman0 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 07 2012, 6:40 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I posted a similar post earlier today but had some technical difficulties that resulted in my username being changed.  

I live in the Eastern Panhandle of WV and am an avid hiker and backpacker.  I hike and camp year round and will go out hiking ANY chance that I get.  I have a few friends in the area that join me, but I find myself out on the trail alone way to often.

I take a lot of day hikes and backpacking trips in Shenandoah SP, GW NF, and all the otler smi local places in this area.  

I am an experienced hiker but would love someone who could teach me more, or someone who I could teach some of the things I have learned over the years.  

I hope that I hear from some local people and we can go hit the trail.

--------------
“Can't see the right roads when the streets are paved.”
― Bob Marley
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 07 2012, 7:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Welcome to the board.  Please stick around and participate, it'll make it easier to find you if my schedule clears up and I have time for dayhikes this summer.

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: May 07 2012, 7:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sure thing Jim.  I am not going anywhere and I am out hiking very about every weekend.  Talk to you soon.

--------------
― Bob Marley
 Post Number: 4
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 07 2012, 7:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm close to Baltimore but I prefer the Harper's Ferry area for easy day hikes.  You're probably sick to death of those.

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: May 08 2012, 10:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I never get tired of hiking anywhere!

I actually hike the longer MD Heights look (5.3 Mi) about 4-5 times a week after work to stay in shape.  Bottom line is that I love the area and will always go out on a hike, even MD heights that I have literally done hundreds of times over my life.

Anyone reading this is welcome to join.  Its a great evening hike to stay in hiking shape.  Just let me know.

--------------
― Bob Marley
 Post Number: 6
hikeandrun Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 16 2012, 9:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey,
I am from WV too! I also find it hard to find a partner to go out with. Would you be interested in backpacking or hiking/camping somewhere in the Mon National Forest?
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: May 16 2012, 11:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey,

Thanks for replying.  Where are you located in WV?  I love the Mon NF and am actually headed down there this weekend with a couple buddies for a few nights.  Depending on where I go in that area it is about a 3-4+ hr drive but it is definitely do-able and well worth the trip.

I would absolutely like to take some hiking and or backpacking trips with you.  You can send me an email through here and let's chat some more on specifics.  I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully getting out sometime soon.

--------------
― Bob Marley
 Post Number: 8
ericar Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 13 2012, 2:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi there I have the same problem.  I always lately end up alone on the trail.  I would love to join you.  I am near Annapolis, MD however I travel to SNP, GWNP and WV for hiking.  I find myself not hiking as much without a partner.
 Post Number: 9
ZombieCat Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2012, 2:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

ericar,

I'm also in the Annapolis area and I'm always up for a hike or weekend backpack.
 Post Number: 10
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2012, 11:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

eric, zombie - I'm in the Annapolis area as well and would be up for a day hike or more.  I'm usually real busy, but part of that's self-inflicted - I need to stop and sniff the pollen more frequently.
 Post Number: 11
ericar Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2012, 12:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Reuben & Zombie - Lets try and get something going.  Maybe out in Shenandoah, car pooling from this area would be great.
 Post Number: 12
lamazanec Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2012, 11:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I live in MD and find myself hiking alone on day trips way too often.  I'd love to find a buddy for day hikes and some overnight trips.

--------------
"If there's one thing that we should have learned, it's that... you know, our brains have always outraced our hearts. Our science charges ahead, but our souls lag behind. Let's start anew." - Lee Adama (Battlestar Galactica)
 Post Number: 13
selocs Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 16 2012, 9:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi,

I live in Green Bank, WV, near the Washington, Jefferson, and Mon National Forests, as well as the Cranberry and Dolly Sods Wildernesses. It would be fun to meet up sometime, if you're ever planning to be in those areas.
 Post Number: 14
MidAtlanticSectionHiker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2012, 10:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hows it going? i am a resident of Northern Virginia and live only an hour away from maryland heights.  I've done old rag, big schloss, tibbet knob, maryland heights, sugarloaf, great falls np, shenandoah mtn, Yosemite falls (california), grand tetons, grand canyon
 Post Number: 15
Winser Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 9:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am a beginner backpacker around Annapolis as well. If anyone is interested in letting me tag along and showing me the ropes just message me!
 Post Number: 16
marianr Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 17 2012, 8:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm a little north of Baltimore. As the years go by, so many of the people I have backpacked with quit due to family, job, etc. I go alone so I can still get out there but I have to admit I go a lot less than I used to - partly because of long working hours, but not having anyone to go with is defintiely a factor.
I like to backpack PA, WVA, VA and western MD.
 Post Number: 17
Fatpacking Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 03 2012, 9:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Eastern panhandle of WV here....new to backpacking and would LOVE to find some local/semi-local hiking partners to share the trails with. Let me know if anyone is interested.
16 replies since May 07 2012, 6:40 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply WV/VA/MD Hiking Partner
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions