2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Montana / Wyoming, New trail every weekend< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Murcus Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2012, 10:29 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sup Backpacker,

I moved to Montana last November and Just about every weekend im off exploring a new peak/trail/lake or looking for bears to run away from. I've been solo for a long time, hiking since I was a kid. I've also done a few backpacking trips.

I've recently taken an interest in Mountaineering and picked up a pair of crampons and an Ice Axe. I'd really like to find a hiking partner who also has an interest in light Mountaineering. I am not into ropes, or serious climbing. Just peak bagging and exploring the wilderness of Montana.

I'm 24 and live in Great Falls Montana, and frequent the Rocky Mountain front. I also intend to spend a lot of time in the Beartooths and Crazy Mountains.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 15 2012, 10:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Murcus,

I'm an avid hiker in Jackson, WY but pushing 50 I might be considerably slower than you are. Whatever the case I can at least give you some great ideas and share some pics.

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 3
cloudwalker55 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 19 2012, 7:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

As an avid backpacker from SD, I spend a considerable amount of time in Wyoming's mountains - both on and off trail.  I am always looking for someone to do trips in the Wind River Range.  I enjoy snow travel using an ice ax and crampons.  I am also skilled with rope work on glaciers with cravasses.  

I also do a lot of trips to the Big Horns and had a very memorable trip to the Beartooths.
 Post Number: 4
Murcus Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 21 2012, 1:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hello guys,

Thank you for the replies. Jackson and the Wind River are a bit further south than I expect to reach this year. I might consider it though, I'll let ya know.
 Post Number: 5
lizzm Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 05 2012, 9:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You ever go to the Bighorns? I usually just hike/backpack solo but I'd be up for a hiking partner! Let me know if you want to check out the Bighorns in WY. There are a lot of peaks to climb there, and some rockclimbing too if you do any climbing...
 Post Number: 6
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2012, 8:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Murcus @ Jun. 10 2012, 10:29 pm)
Sup Backpacker,

I moved to Montana last November and Just about every weekend im off exploring a new peak/trail/lake or looking for bears to run away from. I've been solo for a long time, hiking since I was a kid. I've also done a few backpacking trips.

I've recently taken an interest in Mountaineering and picked up a pair of crampons and an Ice Axe. I'd really like to find a hiking partner who also has an interest in light Mountaineering. I am not into ropes, or serious climbing. Just peak bagging and exploring the wilderness of Montana.

I'm 24 and live in Great Falls Montana, and frequent the Rocky Mountain front. I also intend to spend a lot of time in the Beartooths and Crazy Mountains.

You moved to a beautiful state, too bad the great falls are gone. These boys are right. If you can ever make it to the Wind River Range, you'll not be disappointed. Until then I guess you'll have too settle for the Bitteroots or north Yellowstone. What an envy. Good luck dude!

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
5 replies since Jun. 10 2012, 10:29 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Montana / Wyoming
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions