2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Dallas Area Hiking Partner< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
travman769 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 12 2012, 9:20 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Howdy folks,

Looking for hiking buddies in the DFW area. There is plenty of places in TX to hike but always more fun with someone else!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
buddero Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 18 2012, 11:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sending you a pm.

--------------
Reach out your hand, if your cup be empty
If your cup is full, may it be again

Journal and links to refugees, backpacking, travel in Asia, photos, honky-tonk angels, other beautiful things...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
bwrobins Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2012, 11:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am local to Dallas and enjoy backpacking, but right now with the 100 degree temps coming in I think I would rather be outside of Texas at 10k+ elevation and mountain scenery. If anyone from the Dallas area reads this and wants to plan a trip, I have a 7-10 days I can spare and am willing to go anywhere that meets the qualifications above.
 Post Number: 4
buddero Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2012, 10:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Am in my 60s, pretty slow hiker, hippieish. Here is my best hike in recent years: http://ckjournal.blogspot.com/2009/09/wind-rivers-2009-north.html
PM if you'd like to think about a bp a little later in the year.

--------------
Reach out your hand, if your cup be empty
If your cup is full, may it be again

Journal and links to refugees, backpacking, travel in Asia, photos, honky-tonk angels, other beautiful things...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
Montecresto Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2012, 1:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(travman769 @ Jun. 12 2012, 9:20 am)
Howdy folks,

Looking for hiking buddies in the DFW area. There is plenty of places in TX to hike but always more fun with someone else!

I'm in the southeast Oklahoma Ouachitas if you're ever interested. There's a lot of trails, lakes rivers and creeks. 2-1/2 to 3 hours from DFW, but as already mentioned, later in the year.  :)

--------------
Killing one person is murder, killing a 100,000 is foreign policy
 Post Number: 6
Hank4 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2012, 12:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hello,

I am located just north of Houston. Would like to Hike/Camp some good locations. Have all my own gear. Experienced Hiker/Camper Age 49. Let me know of your plans. If I can make it, I will...
 Post Number: 7
jvelando Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2012, 5:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi! I'm in Houston area, more exactly in Conroe, and I'm looking places and people to go for backpacking...

I'm preparing a 3 day trip to Bastrop State Park or another one...on the September 1st. If someone would like come, will be good have partners!

I'm 30 and this is my first time backpacking in USA, but I already bought my equipment...
 Post Number: 8
rogeremeadows Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 29 2012, 10:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

We have an Oklahoma group that does the Wichita Mountains near Lawton, Oklahoma several times per month.  You are welcome to join us.
7 replies since Jun. 12 2012, 9:20 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Dallas Area Hiking Partner
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions