2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: MN/Wi Hiking Buddy< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
EmilyA Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2012, 11:03 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi there.  I am looking for a hiking partner in Minnesota or Wisconsin for a trip this August or September.  I am 31 and female.  I did a six day solo hike on this Ice Age Trail this May and have been to the BWCA a few times.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
thegriz1 Search for posts by this member.
Will hike for beer

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 27 2012, 8:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Try hooking up with some of the fine people in the North Country Trails Heritage or Chequamegon chapters

--------------
Life is too short to drink cheap beer
 Post Number: 3
dnoll Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 30 2012, 8:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Emily,
Try contacting Gayle at the SHTA. They usually have some group trips and hikes set up where you could meet other hikers.
 Post Number: 4
Deepfield Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2012, 1:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi, Im not sure if its too late, but I will be starting on the western terminus of the ice age trail very soon and heading down to devils lake.  Always looking for new friends or just a hiking partner.

--------------
The Best Things In Life Aren't Things...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
WisMike Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2012, 1:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Emily, check out our page for the North Country Trail in Wisconsin on Facebook.  http://www.facebook.com/NCTinWI

Would be happy to post something for you.

I'd also recommend checking out http://www.meetup.com.  There is a backpacking group more or less based out of Appleton, WI but they do a lot of trips to various places in WI and the UP.

Where did you do a solo hike?  I'd like to do some more of the Ice Age Trail, possibly this fall, if I get a chance, in the Chequamegon NF.  My email is mikeduchek@hotmail.com
 Post Number: 6
danjason Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 27 2012, 4:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Im not in MN or WI but I live in Michigan and have the first week of October off work.
 Post Number: 7
rayestrella Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 31 2012, 1:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Coming from where Emily?

I am in north western MN but usually hike around Chippewa NF. I am heading for CA on 9/22 to hike 124-137 mi of the PCT but plan some MN hiking before and after mid Oct.

Hiking on some private land north of Halstad this weekend.

--------------
I measure happiness with an altimeter
6 replies since Jun. 25 2012, 11:03 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply MN/Wi Hiking Buddy
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions