2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Wonderland Trail Partner Wanted, Sept 20 - Oct 3, 2012< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
FiftyShadesofGreen Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2012, 11:26 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Married female, 49 yrs old planing to hike Wonderland Trail Sept 20 - Oct 3, 2012. áHusband is having back problems & can't go.

I'm moderately experienced, organized & planning to travel light, but not too fast.

Will have to go for walk-on permit.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
SPeacock Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2012, 2:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Too bad you can't find a trail companion.  It is not like you will be alone on that trail even that late in the season.

I thought counterclockwise from Longmire was the best,  ending up having come from a wilderness environment - instead of walking along the road the last couple of days.

It is a great adventure... have a lot of fun!!

--------------
Experience as well as wisdom, at times, is foolishly acquired.
To understand why details matter, you first need to notice them.
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2012, 10:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm still hoping for a partner, although I keep hearing that doing it alone wouldn't really be alone anyway.

I was born independent and I enjoy my own company - so why not?

tx!
 Post Number: 4
SPeacock Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2012, 3:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The only thing you'll be missing is sharing a lot of OOO and AAAHH's with a hiking partner along the way.

It is a great solo adventure, you can set your own pace and can get lost in some thoughts - not a lot can go wrong so long as you stay close to the trail.

The only real draw back (perhaps not for you) is mandatory camping areas along with many other backpackers. áThere are other campgrounds that only have a few spots available if you want to get away from others for awhile.

--------------
Experience as well as wisdom, at times, is foolishly acquired.
To understand why details matter, you first need to notice them.
 Post Number: 5
Susanne Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 13 2012, 3:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Did you find anyone yet?

Certainly would love to join you as this is one adventure on my list.  Just came off of 3 weeks vacation and lots of hiking and backpacking.  But somehow I don't think the boss would appreciate me taking off for another 2 weeks so soon.  :-(  Although it never hurts to ask.  

Reality is the answer will likely be a big fat NO (but if it's not I'll let you know asap ?)............ Hope you do manage to find someone as I have found, as independent as I can be, it is always better to share an adventure with someone.

Susanne
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 15 2012, 9:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey Susanne!

No, I haven't found anyone yet. Ask your boss and let me know if your available.

tx!
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 18 2012, 4:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry for taking so long on getting back to you.  Was out hiking on the weekend, sealing the driveway after work until well after dark :-)

As expected, it's not possible, especially due to the fact that today of my comrades at work went for an interview, and if she's successful and exits in the next little while, we're in for a bigger workload than normal.............  I should seriously just retire!!!  Any day now!

Looking forward to hearing about your trip.  Wish I could join you.

Susanne
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 18 2012, 4:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

ps.  just curious,

which area of the continent do you live in?
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 18 2012, 11:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey Susanne, sorry to hear that you can't join me and that your workload has increased. I'll be thinking peaceful thoughts for you.

I'm in south central Oregon, just a few miles north of the California-Oregon border.  Hot in the summer and cold with snow 7 to 9 months out of the year. Seriously considering relocating to Oregon or Washington wine country.

Take care and don't work too hard!
8 replies since Aug. 24 2012, 11:26 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Wonderland Trail Partner Wanted
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions