(tarbubble @ Feb. 01 2013, 10:34 am)
I know this is a crazy long shot, but I failed at getting a permit for the Canyon in May. I'm hoping someone here has a permit with two spaces on it, or that we could possibly beg, plead and cajole the Backcountry Office to allow two more people on a permit - after all, the big problem is the limited number of campsites.
I assume, from this, that you're looking for a corridor hike?
If you're willing to be flexible, you may still be able to get a permit for a different itinerary. You can email the backcountry office at email@example.com. (Today may not be a great day since it's the first of the month.)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.