2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: find hiking partner< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
lonelynomadic Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 27 2013, 3:16 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi there, iam going to hike from Thailand to India by crossing Pakistan and China, I am looking for hiking partner  who can go with me, i will start in next two months, let me know if anyone wanna join :)
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
worldinpocket Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 28 2013, 4:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

that sounds good, hope u find your partner soon, good luck
 Post Number: 3
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 02 2013, 12:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Pakistan? Are you kidding me? It used to be one of the great climbing treeking destinations, but given the political climate I think that's not the greatest idea.

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 4
lonelynomadic Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 02 2013, 2:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

why not, i still see people travel to pakistan lately
 Post Number: 5
goaroundtheworld Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 02 2013, 3:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

pakistan now is dangerous and not safe anymore, good luck with your trip
 Post Number: 6
worldinpocket Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 07 2013, 5:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I will go to India but I dont think i will cross Pakistan, maybe its better if u can go through Bangladesh to reach India.
 Post Number: 7
frmertd Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 08 2013, 10:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This reminds me of this article I read about a blond headed blue eyed girl from Wisconsin who was beheaded in Afghanistan. She was hiking in the mountains. They interviewed her family before she was murdered and asked why she went there. Of all the places in the world to go backpacking why Afghanistan????Her mom said she heard it was safe and other people had done it.
 Post Number: 8
goaroundtheworld Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 14 2013, 1:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey i just found some site maybe is useful if u still want to do that after hearing those comments above, check this out, hope u find someone who brave enough to risk with u

buddy travel
 Post Number: 9
trAvchEk Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 14 2013, 11:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(lonelynomadic @ Feb. 27 2013, 3:16 am)
Hi there, iam going to hike from Thailand to India by crossing Pakistan and China, I am looking for hiking partner  who can go with me, i will start in next two months, let me know if anyone wanna join :)

Sounds pretty cool to me  :cool:
When is this happening?
 Post Number: 10
blueoctober57 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 08 2013, 6:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(trAvchEk @ Mar. 14 2013, 11:04 pm)

(lonelynomadic @ Feb. 27 2013, 3:16 am)

Sounds pretty cool to me  :cool:
When is this happening?

I think that for your safety and the safety of anyone wishing to accompany you in your trip, you better think of this twice.  Go somewhere else.  Do you remember the 3 "naive" hikers who where caught up in Iran several years ago and spent several years in prison?  They were "lucky".  Come on!  Wake up!
9 replies since Feb. 27 2013, 3:16 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply find hiking partner
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions