2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 2<<12

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Locations where gear can be borrowed< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 31
DukeFan Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 25 2012, 9:58 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Titanium Chef 5 Cook-off on the NC/TN border in October 19-21...come on down!!!!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 32
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 27 2012, 11:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have been notified that we can add Reno to the list of places people can expect a little help.  Stove, maybe a ride if the previous precautions are adhered to.  Reno is close to Yosemite, Desolation Wilderness, and of course the Tahoe area with it's Rim trail.  So, now our list looks like this:

San Francisco
Houston
Portland
Seattle
Michigan
New Mexico
RDU in North Carolina
Atlanta
Denver
Orlando
Reno  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 33
Tigger Search for posts by this member.
Woods Pouncer

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 28 2012, 12:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What about Bend/Central Oregon? I offered that didn't I?

--------------
If I'm going to be lost, in the woods is where I want to be...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 34
DukeFan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 28 2012, 1:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Great job of organizing this thread ol-zeke and excellent idea Rebecca! I also would like to reintroduce Firedancer's idea regarding maps. While I would not like to part with any in my collection, I would consider lending them out to others that are established here if they promise to mail them back! ;-)
 Post Number: 35
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 28 2012, 7:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You are right, Tigger, you offered up Central Oregon, and I missed it.

San Francisco
Houston
Portland
Seattle
Michigan
New Mexico
RDU in North Carolina
Atlanta
Denver
Orlando
Reno
Central Oregon / Bend

Loaning maps from any of these places would be helpful, also.  I have several I could loan out, as well as a few I could still part with.  I am not sure how I ended up with duplicates, but I did.

--------------

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 36
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 29 2012, 8:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(no_granola @ Apr. 25 2012, 8:27 pm)
Damn, I for got to list my destinations . . . here they are:

San Francisco
Houston
Portland
Seattle
Michigan
New Mexico
RDU in North Carolina
Atlanta
Denver
Orlando

Dude, I'll set you up for a week. Get your ass down here. Come during Freaknik so we can really party.

:cool:

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 37
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 29 2012, 8:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why did this get moved to gear? I think this is a TR topic. (I know its about gear)

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 38
Dicentra Search for posts by this member.
Bring it.

PostIcon Posted on: May 02 2012, 8:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(no_granola @ Apr. 23 2012, 5:45 pm)
I'll be flying in to the following locations in the next 6 months or so and will be in need of beer, food and a place crash for at least a week in each location.  Can anyone help me out?

Come on over!   If you do the dishes and don't piss off hubs you can stay for as long as you want.  Seriously. Jester stayed with us for 10 days last year. lol.  

Hiker food is in the pantry and the liquor store is in walking distance.  No good bars though, we'll have to drive to those.

I cook and have doubles of pretty much anything. Just let me know when to pick you up at the airport.

Hubby doesn't know this yet (or maybe he does) but he's in training to be a PCT trail angel. lol.

--------------
One Pan Wonders  ~  Back Country Cooking at its Finest
 Post Number: 39
no_granola Search for posts by this member.
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: May 02 2012, 8:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Apr. 28 2012, 7:28 am)
You are right, Tigger, you offered up Central Oregon, and I missed it.

San Francisco
Houston
Portland
Seattle
Michigan
New Mexico
RDU in North Carolina
Atlanta
Denver
Orlando
Reno
Central Oregon / Bend

Loaning maps from any of these places would be helpful, also.  I have several I could loan out, as well as a few I could still part with.  I am not sure how I ended up with duplicates, but I did.

You missed Philly too . . . and I'm about 10 miles from Port Clinton if there's any AT thru hikers looking for help.

--------------
I never imagined that being obnoxious would get me where I am today.
 Post Number: 40
City Man Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 04 2012, 5:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I guess El Paso and parts of Texas did not make the list, oh well it is not like anyone would hike in my back yard, to think ……………. Never mind

--------------
It never hurts to do good – Eek the Cat

The quest for adventure is a never ending pursuit, an all consuming way to live life, it is a deep feeling that will never go away, embrace that feeling and have fun with your adventures.
 Post Number: 41
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: May 04 2012, 5:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

OK, adding a few others, because I would not want someone to need to read the thread to find out if there is an offer for an area they are heading off to.  :D

San Francisco
Houston
Portland
Seattle
Michigan
New Mexico
RDU in North Carolina
Atlanta
Denver
Orlando
Reno
Central Oregon / Bend
Philly
El Paso
ONT ( instead of LAX )

--------------

Post Number: 42
SPeacock Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 11 2012, 2:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

City Man Rules rule for Los Angeles area.

LAX (45 min), Long Beach (30 min), Burbank (30 min)

Pasadena area and can provide back yard (with sprinklers if you are interested in checking out the new tent) and some beds or floors inside.  Cat allergies seek else where.  Outside you contend with coyotes.

Have lots of gear gathering dust at times... tell me your woes.  More likely to rent the Bearicade.

Desperate newbies can contact me off page.   Might be able to work something out.  Bring first born.

My house to trail head on southern east side of Sierra is about 4-5 hours depending upon paranoia of being a blip on some body's radar.  Two hours more to west side.

REI, Sport Chalet and Patagonia about 15 mins away.

--------------
Experience as well as wisdom, at times, is foolishly acquired.
To understand why details matter, you first need to notice them.
 Post Number: 43
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 11 2012, 2:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks. One more testimony to the small community we share.  

Add LAX to our list.  

--------------

Post Number: 44
thegriz1 Search for posts by this member.
Will hike for beer

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 02 2012, 9:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

ok I'm in. Northern New Jersey/NYC and Wisconsin depends where I be at the time, I travel back and forth

--------------
Life is too short to drink cheap beer
 Post Number: 45
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 18 2012, 10:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

San Francisco
Houston
Portland
Seattle
Michigan
New Mexico
RDU in North Carolina
Atlanta
Denver
Orlando
Reno
Central Oregon / Bend
Philly
El Paso
ONT ( instead of LAX )
LAX
Austin
NYC/NJ or Wisc

--------------

Post Number: 46
brownmouse Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 18 2012, 11:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What a GREAT IDEA!!! You guys are ssoo generous with eachother. My hubby and I will be glad to help out, when we get our act together. LOL!!!

--------------
"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees."   John Muir   1898
 Post Number: 47
campinjim Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2012, 8:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

i'm in se mn (rochester) so not sure how many come through here. most land in Minneapolis/StPaul 100 miles north of here to head up to the Boundary Waters (highly recommended,btw).anyway, i can certainly lend a stove or whatever i have. (dont even have to be established poster, since if your going to come this far out of the way to steal a stove you obviously need it far more than i do :)

--------------
Look up at the stars and become "Universe Conscious".
me
 Post Number: 48
BoulderCanyon Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012, 12:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I dont have any gear to loan but established members can come crash and ill run supplies to you if your in Boulder/Denver Metro area. Will run supplies to anyone.

I'm a new poster but will be established..lol. Love the outdoors.
 Post Number: 49
hikerJoe2 Search for posts by this member.
HikerJoe2

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 11 2013, 9:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Anyone located in or near the Idaho panhandle, or western Montana willing to shuttle, loan gear or host a hiker for a night or two?

--------------
HikerJoe2
Plymouth, IN
 Post Number: 50
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 25 2013, 9:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BoulderCanyon @ Nov. 20 2012, 10:08 pm)
I dont have any gear to loan but established members can come crash and ill run supplies to you if your in Boulder/Denver Metro area. Will run supplies to anyone.

I'm a new poster but will be established..lol. Love the outdoors.

I don't have much room at my place in Boulder, but have plenty of gear.  Between BoulderCanyon and I, I'm pretty sure we could host and equip nearly anyone wanting to camp/hike in the Boulder area.  Just a heads-up!

- Mike

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 51
ponderosa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 2:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm not sure how I've missed this one for so long...I'm kind of blind to pinned threads for some reason.  Anywho...you may add Idaho Falls to the list for established posters or perhaps newbies who can somehow convince me of their lack of freakishness.   :p

--------------
The harder the toil, the sweeter the rest.
 Post Number: 52
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 8:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

San Francisco
Houston
Portland
Seattle
Michigan
New Mexico
RDU in North Carolina
Atlanta
Denver
Orlando
Reno
Central Oregon / Bend
Philly
El Paso
ONT ( instead of LAX )
LAX
Austin
NYC/NJ or Wisc
Boulder
Idaho Falls

Established posters get further consideration.  Shuttles from an airport, or to a trailhead must be accompanied by an offer of a generous tip, at least enough to cover gas and the time.  If the hosting person prefers not to accept, that is their own choice.

Stoves, and fuel, may be the easiest thing to share, what with the current flying restrictions.  Keep in mind this offer is being made because we all have a common love of the outdoors.  Treat this as an offer of respect from the community.  

--------------

Post Number: 53
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 15 2013, 10:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am a bit crowded on the room front but have lots of gear and willing to do shuttles for gas money.

Jackson, WY.

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 54
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 18 2013, 12:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

OK, thanks DC.  I will add Jackson to the list.  

--------------

Post Number: 55
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2013, 8:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

San Francisco
Houston
Portland
Seattle
Michigan
New Mexico
RDU in North Carolina
Atlanta
Denver
Orlando
Reno
Central Oregon / Bend
Philly
El Paso
ONT ( instead of LAX )
LAX
Austin
NYC/NJ or Wisc
Boulder
Idaho Falls
Jackson

Established posters get further consideration.  Shuttles from an airport, or to a trailhead must be accompanied by an offer of a generous tip, at least enough to cover gas and the time.  If the hosting person prefers not to accept, that is their own choice.

Stoves, and fuel, may be the easiest thing to share, what with the current flying restrictions.  Keep in mind this offer is being made because we all have a common love of the outdoors.  Treat this as an offer of respect from the community.  

On a side note, if we are going to keep Portland on this list, we will need to find someone who currently lives in the area.

I also have no idea if anyone on this list has ever been called upon to help out with a ride, or a gear loan.

Mostly just bumping this back towards the top.  After the shake out cruise is over, maybe we can get it pinned again.  

--------------

Post Number: 56
SPeacock Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2013, 10:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

No takers so far.

Might change my listing to Los Angeles (includes 5 airports)

--------------
Experience as well as wisdom, at times, is foolishly acquired.
To understand why details matter, you first need to notice them.
55 replies since Apr. 17 2012, 3:30 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 2<<12
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Locations where gear can be borrowed
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions