2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Body Glide vs. Gold Bond Friction Defense, Either better, both the same?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Squaretop Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 07 2012, 8:38 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've only used body glide with great success when marathoning or hiking, but the store was out and they had some Gold Bond Friction Defense.   Looks pretty much the same.  (not sure if nearly the same ingredients)

Does anyone have an opinion of which one might be better?  Anyone with experience with both?

--------------
You can't buy time or memories.
"How'd I get involved".
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
AndyPandy Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 07 2012, 11:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I use body glide but I have some questions for you-

Is the price about the same?

Does GB sell it in a bigger size?
 Post Number: 3
LyttleBryan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 08 2012, 7:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

On a related but separate note, the "Body Glide Pain + Heat" (I think that's the name) is NOT comparable to standard Body Glide.  In fact if using on your inner thighs it can be very painful if it gets too close to the family jewels.  Sent me running for the creek not long ago.  Reminded me of another unfortunate incident involving Icy Hot.

edit: This stuff: http://www.bodyglide.com/#/products/anti-pain
 Post Number: 4
bad knees Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 08 2012, 9:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have yet to find the gold bond stuff.  I will be interested to hear the facts.  Body glide makes a few different types and the one I like I can only order from REI and it's in a very small container.

--------------
Nature bats last!

Post Number: 5
QCHIKER Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 08 2012, 11:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've tried the body glide but haven't seen the GB stuff anywhere except on ads on tv.
 Post Number: 6
Indytechnerd Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 08 2012, 3:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Around here, you can get Body Glide at the running and bicycle stores, but it comes in some little travel sized looking thing.  I have never tried the gold bond, but I know that it's much less embarrassing to buy a BG stick @ The Running Company than it is to buy Desitin @ Walgreens while walking like a cowboy.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 09 2012, 8:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gold Bond is less expensive for a larger amount.  The body glide I have used came from REI.  This came from Walgreens.  I'll give it a try on tomorrow's ten mile run and report in.  In this heat I've had quite a bit of chafing on longer runs even though I'm wearing no cotton.

--------------
"How'd I get involved".
 Post Number: 8
AndyPandy Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 09 2012, 5:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Squaretop @ Jun. 09 2012, 8:11 am)
Gold Bond is less expensive for a larger amount.  The body glide I have used came from REI.  This came from Walgreens.  I'll give it a try on tomorrow's ten mile run and report in.  In this heat I've had quite a bit of chafing on longer runs even though I'm wearing no cotton.

Pics or it didn't happen. Just be sure to mark them NSFW.
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2012, 7:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I can assure you I ran ten miles today in 90 degree temps.  Ask my wife.....she can't hardly get me to do anything else, but lie on the couch and watch the Cubs game.  I do not understand what NSFW means.  Anyway, I used the Gold Bond it was certainly better than nothing by a long shot, but I think as the miles start to ramp up in preparation for the Chicago Marathon in Oct.  I'll have to get over to REI and pick up some Body Glide.  That stuff really does the job and I put it everywhere.

--------------
"How'd I get involved".
 Post Number: 10
runner9 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 10 2012, 8:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I apologize that this may be a bit outside of the original question but I find a product called Sports Shield by Two Toms to be much superior to Body Glide. (I haven't tried the Gold Bond product). Sports Shield is a roll on (much like a roll on deodorant). It goes on quickly and lasts much longer. I use it on my neck when wearing a wetsuit for long openwater swims. I have never chaffed when wearing Sports Shield, I can't say the same for Body Glide. I have also used it while hiking in warm weather. I was hard to find locally (southern Maine) so I had to order it online. EMS carries it now and I have found it at a couple of different stores.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 11 2012, 1:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Much superior to Body Glide would impress me.  I may have to look into it.

--------------
"How'd I get involved".
 Post Number: 12
bad knees Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 11 2012, 9:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(runner9 @ Jun. 10 2012, 8:20 pm)
I apologize that this may be a bit outside of the original question but I find a product called Sports Shield by Two Toms to be much superior to Body Glide. (I haven't tried the Gold Bond product). Sports Shield is a roll on (much like a roll on deodorant). It goes on quickly and lasts much longer. I use it on my neck when wearing a wetsuit for long openwater swims. I have never chaffed when wearing Sports Shield, I can't say the same for Body Glide. I have also used it while hiking in warm weather. I was hard to find locally (southern Maine) so I had to order it online. EMS carries it now and I have found it at a couple of different stores.

EMS you say.  I am in Kittery, where are you? I'll head over to pottsmith and check it out.

--------------
Nature bats last!

Post Number: 13
MI1MTB Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 17 2012, 2:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've used BG for years for mountain biking, tri's, hiking and offroad motorcycling.  I'm always willing to try something new but typically end up going back to the Body Glide.
I buy it @ saroffroad.com, they sell the 1.3oz for ten bucks.
12 replies since Jun. 07 2012, 8:38 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Body Glide vs. Gold Bond Friction Defense
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions