2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 2<<12

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: NeoAir XLite pad, warmer yet lighter< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 31
TrailTromper Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 12:09 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Nov. 13 2012, 11:54 am)
However Ray, I don't know about the Microburst.  I probably shouldn't comment having not used it, but it just seems like another gadget to buy and take along.

That is my thought as well.  I have the 72x20 XLite so it is a bit smaller, but it only takes about 15 deep breaths and about 1 minute to fill to a comfortable level.  I do usually put in about 18-20 breaths and let some out to get it just right, though.  Inflating it has just not been an issue at all.  Even when I was suffering with fluid in my lungs at altitude, while it took a bit longer it still wasn't any real inconvenience.  Given that it isn't a problem, I don't see trying to solve it by carrying another piece of gear.

Granted that is just my opinion and maybe I am more full of hot air than others here.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 32
rayestrella Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 12:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You are seeing the only in winter part, right? You shouldn't blow your pads up by mouth in below freezing temps.

--------------
I measure happiness with an altimeter
 Post Number: 33
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 3:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(rayestrella @ Nov. 13 2012, 12:12 pm)
You are seeing the only in winter part, right? You shouldn't blow your pads up by mouth in below freezing temps.

Good point, but I'm still not sure I want to take along additional gear. It's all so confusing. :p

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 34
GottaGamble Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 3:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

on the note about the micro burst..the thing is so small and 2.3 oz is minimal weight. I have one for when I take 2 or 3 of my kids backpacking with me..at least they can use it to blow up their own pads...saves me a lot of air...and they carry it. Like Ray said..to use it in winter when temps are below freezing...in my eyes, its a plus.

--------------
Dirtbag_hiker @ instagram

"Of all the paths you choose in life, make sure some of them are dirt"
                                      author unknown
33 replies since Nov. 10 2012, 8:13 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 2<<12
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply NeoAir XLite pad
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions