2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: New gear store in MN, Outdoor gear in downtown St. Paul< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
ketzel Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 7:07 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

New place to buy Osprey backpacks in St. Paul at Tradition Creek, located on W 7th St across from the Schmidt Brewery. Also lots of lightweight cookwares, tents, and sleeping bags. Just an FYI.

Tradition Creek
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
rayestrella Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 12 2012, 7:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That's cool. I am a little too far north to go check them out but I wish them well. It will be tough with a huge REI and Dicks close.

--------------
I measure happiness with an altimeter
 Post Number: 3
QCHIKER Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 9:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've always like Midwest Mountaineering in the Twin Cities. As they have stuff that REI doesn't carry. I've gotten some great deals there when they have their Expos. Which the Winter expo is this weekend. I wanted to go but have to work at the fire station.
 Post Number: 4
Grizzly James Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 6:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(QCHIKER @ Nov. 13 2012, 9:33 am)
I've always like Midwest Mountaineering in the Twin Cities. As they have stuff that REI doesn't carry. I've gotten some great deals there when they have their Expos. Which the Winter expo is this weekend. I wanted to go but have to work at the fire station.

Ah yes, Midwest Mountaineering. I've given them much money over the years. I've always enjoyed my visits there, strolling through various shrines of glistening gear. Lustable items, like climbing gear, something of which I'll likely never use, but they look so cool they are worth lusting anyways. When I saunter along the high end shells, I feel like a super model, trying on this and that, rotating before the mirror in perfect form. I would look good in a 400 dollar Arc'teryx jacket, but I always seem to put it back on the rack. On to the bargain cave upstairs.

They have an interesting staff there too. The one guy that comes to mind, and I don't know if he's still there, is the Sarge. That's what I call him anyways, I do not know his real name. I remember going in there one snowy afternoon, looking to have someone size me up for a new internal frame pack.

This middle-aged gentleman, with very short hair walked up to me and barked, "What do you want!?"

"Well" I yammered, "I was hoping to get fitted for a pack"

"Is that a fact!" the sarge said

"Yes sir, that's a fact" I said.

I had a rolled up copy of Backpacker magazine in my hind end pocket, and I took it out opening to a page I had saved, and laid my finger on the paper.

"It says right here", I said, "That I need to do this and...."

The Sarge at once snatches the periodical from my hand and hurls it across the room.

I watch it slide to rest under some draped sleeping bags.

"Get rid of that non sense!" He bellowed, "You don't need it here!"

"No sir, I certainly don't" I squeaked.

We proceeded to walk over to the backpack section of the store, where upon the Sarge kicked off his shoes with commendable vigor, sending them skidding across the floor and up against the wall.

My eyebrow raised in a fashion reminiscent of Mr Spock in his prime.

I pointed to a Gregory on the wall, and said I was hoping to get something like that.

"You'll get what ever I say." He ordered.

I expected him to tell me to drop and give him a series of push ups or something, but he eventually became amiable, and I eventually also, talked him into the Gregory. We got to chatting, and I even started to like him.

Interesting sales technique.

-GJ
 Post Number: 5
QCHIKER Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 6:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ya it's fun to look at all the neat stuff. I always enjoy looking  in awe at all the kayaks and canoes.
 Post Number: 6
Scott in MN Search for posts by this member.
Scott in MN

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 16 2012, 9:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Grizzly James @ Nov. 14 2012, 6:20 pm)
[quote=QCHIKER,Nov. 13 2012, 9:33 am]Interesting sales technique.

-GJ

I'm sure a very knowledgeable guy buy I don't have the energy to put up with that crap
5 replies since Nov. 12 2012, 7:07 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply New gear store in MN
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions