2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: deals on gear - 'tis the season< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
leadbelly2550 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2012, 4:56 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

i'm sure most of you are bombarded by advertisements about this.  many of the good gear websites are advertising huge discounts on 'selected items.'  even some of the outlet sites are tacking on additional discounts.

one notable - today, 40% off everything on the Eddie Bauer website, not just selected stuff.  while not unprecedented, it's a nice savings.  i usually wait until early summer to get really great deals on winter gear.  

the holidays are obviously about more than buying stuff.  we would all be well-advised to donate our time, resources, and warm clothes to people who need them.  at the same time, you could commit to donate that which you save by getting a good deal.

just a thought.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2012, 5:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Most of what I've seen are supposed "Black Friday!" and "Cyber Monday!" sales with the exact same discounts as were there the week before, just with a new label.  There are some sales out there, I'm sure (your Eddie Bauer sale seems like a good one), but I'm seeing a lot more advertisements than actual deals.  C'est la vie.

Since most of what I'm shopping for is winter gear, I'll personally be waiting 'till March or so for the winter clearance sales to start popping up.  But that's just me.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
skinewmexico Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2012, 7:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

40% off at Eddie Bauer. Apparently that applies to stuff like Neoairs and Jetboils too, if you're into that kind of thing.

--------------
Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe. - Thomas Sowell
 Post Number: 4
Fatpacking Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2012, 8:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, too bad though that the Eddie Bauer prices are so inflated that even with 40%, the final cost is the same, maybe slightly lower than just about anyplace else.
 Post Number: 5
Tigger Search for posts by this member.
Woods Pouncer

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 12:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

REI has MSR classics on sale for $99. That's a good deal and my favorite snowshoes for steeper terrain if that helps anyone.

http://www.rei.com/product/690363/msr-denali-classic-snowshoes

--------------
If I'm going to be lost, in the woods is where I want to be...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 2:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Eddie Bauer 40% sale still on for today, Tuesday Nov 27.

The jetboil flash is only $60 after the discount and the Sumo TI only $114 after discount.  The TI Sumo cup alone usually cost more than that.  So I ordered both and will either return one or give one to my son.
 Post Number: 7
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 2:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The stuff I want seems "never" to go on sale -- unless it's the odd size (XS or XXXL) leftovers!  Me wants REI Sahara shorts and Patagonia Nomader pants - khaki, medium.  Sigh...

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 8
Fatpacking Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 01 2012, 8:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Got me a pair of Keen Alamosa WP today for $10 at REI. Pretty darn excited about that.
 Post Number: 9
okmtbr Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 5:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

At the risk of making this an Eddie Bauer lovefest...
First Ascent Downlight Jackets are $99 in-store & online.
http://www.eddiebauer.com/EB/First-Ascent/index.cat

I bought one of these last year & am pretty darn impressed with it. I especially like the fact that they  offer much of their gear in long sizes. I'm a lanky 6'5", 220 lbs & the Large Long fits me perfectly.

You're not going to find any other 800-fill down garment of comparable quality, even on sale elsewhere, for under $100.
8 replies since Nov. 26 2012, 4:56 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply deals on gear - 'tis the season
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions