2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Evernew Water Bladder, Pre-Order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
CenAZwalker Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 12 2012, 5:37 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gossamer Gear is now taking pre orders on the Evernew bags.  I know a lot of people have been waiting for these to become available again.  Gossamer Gear should be receiving them on 12/17/12.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 12 2012, 9:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've never seen or heard of these.  Is there something special about them that I should be aware of?  Just asking.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 3
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 12 2012, 9:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Dec. 12 2012, 9:34 pm)
I've never seen or heard of these.  Is there something special about them that I should be aware of?  Just asking.

As I recall, they used to be available through BPL, but then they went away.
 Post Number: 4
CenAZwalker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 12 2012, 10:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Dec. 12 2012, 9:34 pm)

The threads on the Evernew bladders fit with the Sawyer squeeze.  They are a great replacement for the unreliable bags that come with the squeeze.
 Post Number: 5
STICK Search for posts by this member.
~Stick~

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 12 2012, 11:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That is correct. It seems that when Sawyer made their Squeeze Filters, there were not too many bladders with the same thread pitch as the Squeeze filter other than the stock Squeeze bags. The Platys thread pitch did not match the Squeeze, which is a bummer since so many people were having troubles with the Squeeze bags. (Although, some with older Platys have said that they do match.)

But, the thread pitch on the Evernew bags do match those on the Squeeze, and are much more durable than the Squeeze bags. This led everyone to buying them up. Unfortunately, since the Tsunami hit Japan a while back, all of the Evernew products have been in short supply, namely the bladders and the "UL" titanium cook pots. They seem to get small stocks of them here or there and for the last month or more these have been sold out everywhere...

--------------
Jus' sayin'...

Sticks Blog
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
JRinGeorgia Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 10 2013, 10:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Evernew bladders are in stock right now (in 0.6L, 0.9L, 1.5L and 2.0L sizes) at GreatOutdoorsDepot.com.

EDIT: Hmmm, now it says shipping delayed due to manufacturer backorder...

--------------
- JRinGeorgia
5 replies since Dec. 12 2012, 5:37 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Evernew Water Bladder
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions