2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Expedition Hardware, no reply< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Godxillax Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 1:32 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I ordered an Aclima woolnet polo from Expedition Hardware in mid November.  They took my money but haven't delivered.  They do not answer the phone nor  return phone calls or emails.  Has anyone had any experience with this outfit or am I beat?
I used Sage payment-they don't have Paypal. Sage says that their hands are clean.

--------------
39° 32.690 N
76° 08.415 W
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 1:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I hope it works out for you in the end, but a cursory glance at Google results for "Expedition Hardware Reviews" turns up some pretty bad results.  It looks like there have been a fair number of people with a similar  problem...

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 3
leadbelly2550 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 3:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

UK outfit? haven't used them.  sounds like you are being cheated, or that the company is having trouble getting the supplier to send the item.  the site has two phone numbers; i suggest calling both a couple more times, probably from a different phone number than what you have previously used.  caller ID and all that....

i would send a polite email asking that they refund your payment as you have not received the goods you paid for.  be polite, say you really wanted the item sooner than this, and that had you been advised the item would not be delivered for months, you would not have made the purchase in the first place.

I would also note that you have contacted the UK government agency referred to at the following link to complain, and will follow up to ask that the agency take action against this business, in that payment followed by failure to deliver may be considered crimes under UK law.

[URL=UK consumer protection]https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights[/URL]
 Post Number: 4
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 01 2013, 10:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you bought it with a credit card, and did everything you could to try to get it resolved with the retailer, you can always call the CC company and cancel payment.  Consumer protection is one of the major benefits of using a credit card.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 01 2013, 5:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks.  I contacted the consumer protection UK and also Sagepay (similar to Paypal).  They will pressure the vendor.  I placed the order on 11/15 and my CC was charged in December.  If nothing happens in a week, I'll contact them.  I'm used to US companies that ship in a day or so and send confirmation and tracking emails.  This order and forget is a little unnerving.

--------------
39° 32.690 N
76° 08.415 W
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 02 2013, 6:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Finally a response.  EH said that they could not get the product and will refund my charge.

--------------
39° 32.690 N
76° 08.415 W
 Post Number: 7
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 02 2013, 6:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Godxillax @ Jan. 02 2013, 6:03 pm)
Finally a response.  EH said that they could not get the product and will refund my charge.

At the very least, glad to hear it was resolved.

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
6 replies since Dec. 31 2012, 1:32 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Expedition Hardware
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions