2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Black Diamond Clothing Line< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
stuthetraveler Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 17 2013, 10:38 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just saw this story on Outside magazine's blog: Outside Magazine Blog

Will you buy BD clothing?  Do you think it'll be along the lines of Arc'teryx or lower price?  

Stu
www.stuthetraveler.com

--------------
Stu
www.stuthetraveler.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 17 2013, 11:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I already have BD clothing, specifically Mercury mitts.  I guess their existing products aren't helpful in the sales narrative over their new outerwear.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
leadbelly2550 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 17 2013, 11:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

too early to tell.  so far, my primary interest in BD has continued to be hardware - carabiners, ice axes, etc.  

i like a company giving Schoeller a wider platform for its stretch/soft shell fabrics in a space that I think tends to be dominated by Polartec in the US.  

most of the innovation sounds like things that are already occuring in the industry.  for example, they mention a body-mapped soft shell, a hybrid of various types of Schoeller fabric that includes their temperature-sensitive "c change" waterproof soft shell fabric.  The Westcomb Revenant is a hybrid eVent/Schoeller c change jacket, but same basic idea.  never seen that revenant anywhere - i wonder if a lot of people are buying into the hybrid/patchwork concept in outer shells.  

Another is that they mention nanosphere, the Schoeller tech that supposedly makes it harder for garments to stain.  best i can say about that is my nanosphere-treated Feathered Friends down vest, which i wear a lot, has multiple stains.
 Post Number: 4
eggs Search for posts by this member.
That's sofa King assume

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 17 2013, 1:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I thought of this for some reason when I saw this. But I may be overdosing  on cough meds and flu meds

--------------
Eggs
Home of the egg
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 17 2013, 2:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eggs @ Jan. 17 2013, 1:54 pm)
I thought of this for some reason when I saw this. But I may be overdosing  on cough meds and flu meds

That's not very high-end.  It doesn't even have a logo.
 Post Number: 6
CenAZwalker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 17 2013, 2:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eggs @ Jan. 17 2013, 1:54 pm)

If it's made from Carbon Fiber, I'm all over it . . . replace the stock lines with fishing line to save some ounces . . .
5 replies since Jan. 17 2013, 10:38 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Black Diamond Clothing Line
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions