2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Something new - Your opinion?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
bernbundeze Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 21 2013, 10:12 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We have developed a product that seems like it would be a great match for backpacking/hiking/skiing/snowboarding or any outdoor activity.  

We are hoping to get your honest opinion of our product (don't worry you will not hurt our feelings).  We aren't selling it yet, but will be in the future.

bundeze preview

Thanks for your time!

Bernie
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 21 2013, 11:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Something very similar has been around for years but without the slider.

I've been using them inside my truck, utility trailer and camper for more than 15 years. Those aren't critical locations because if they come loose, not a big deal. I'd never use them when BPing because they're not secure enough. I once picked up and humped a stranger's tent more than 5 miles until I met the guy coming back (and just when I was thinking I'd scored a free Mt Hardware....). He'd used bungees to "secure" it to his pack. Didn't work.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 3
AlmostThere Search for posts by this member.
I must not be there yet, I keep hiking...

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 22 2013, 12:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There's a lot of variations of that around, including some cool NiteIze versions with carabiner type ends and strong shock cord.

The problem is that shock cord has a habit of becoming saggy and loose, and so the item wears out with a lot of ongoing use.

I've started using http://www.rei.com/product/823492/nite-ize-gear-tie-6-package-of-2 for tying winter gear on the back of the pack - they are easy to use with heavy gloves and reliably strong, yet light. And no stretch at all, so when stuff snags I feel it and stop to rectify the problem instead of having the item slide out and disappear into the powder.

--------------
All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.
     Friedrich Nietzsche
 Post Number: 4
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 22 2013, 12:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've used nite-ize straps as well.  There well be a market for these though.  Probably depends on their cost.  One question though:  You actually use open ended wrentches to change flat tires?

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 5
Tigger Search for posts by this member.
Woods Pouncer

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 22 2013, 12:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

locking straps for me trimmed down so I don't have stuff dangling so it won't get snagged.

--------------
If I'm going to be lost, in the woods is where I want to be...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
Franco Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 22 2013, 12:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Fast and easy to tidy stuff inside a pack but no, not for "securing "stuff outside the pack.
I had shock cords on the front of two of my packs. Not a good idea.
 Post Number: 7
TigerFan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 22 2013, 6:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not sure that it's a new concept but looks useful for general purpose.  Looks too heavy for backpacking though.  I use these for similar function with the advantage that I can leave it wrapped around the pole (or whatever) when not in use:
http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-H....d=10051

--------------
Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Post Number: 8
bernbundeze Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 22 2013, 7:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Great input so far!  Thank, guys!

And... That's my business partner and he actually did use open ended wrenches to change a tire... haha!
 Post Number: 9
QCHIKER Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 22 2013, 7:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Check out bungee dealee bob it's pretty much the same thing you guys are making. They are good for securing paddles or fishing poles to the thwarts of a canoe.
 Post Number: 10
Ginseng Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 28 2013, 1:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I use this stuff called 'rope' many do not know of it, but it works real well at sercuring things etc.

--------------
Walking since 1962
 Post Number: 11
TrailTramper Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 29 2013, 12:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Miles, I think your fund-raising page needs to be clearer. I don't understand a single thing on your list of "What this product can do." You only give three examples in your video.
 Post Number: 12
wcolucci Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 29 2013, 7:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I use this stuff called 'rope' many do not know of it, but it works real well at securing things etc.

ha....you're probably still carrying a compass too...get with it man..it's 2013

--------------
getting old stinks...but it beats the alternative
 Post Number: 13
Ginseng Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 29 2013, 6:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wcolucci @ Jan. 29 2013, 7:52 am)
I use this stuff called 'rope' many do not know of it, but it works real well at securing things etc.

ha....you're probably still carrying a compass too...get with it man..it's 2013

yeah and i know how to use it too, and a map, which is a piece of paper with lines n stuff on it.

So are you suggesting i should be a mindless consumer, buy it (GPS, etc etc) just 'cause its 2013 and hey! EVERYBODY has one and ya gotta be trendy! be Cool!

--------------
Walking since 1962
 Post Number: 14
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 29 2013, 7:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TrailTramper @ Jan. 28 2013, 10:52 pm)
Miles, I think your fund-raising page needs to be clearer. I don't understand a single thing on your list of "What this product can do." You only give three examples in your video.

+1.

I'm not sure if English isn't your first language, but either way I would get someone else to write that page.  All this particular list tells me...

What can this product do?

* Ride Along
* Free End of cordage.
* Inbetween Ends
* Rebuildable
* Labeling
* Tracking
* Finding
* Custom Construction

...is that even you have no concrete idea what it's really good for.  Not that you don't, but if you wanna succeed at this, get someone else to market it for you.  Currently I still have no idea why I'd want one or what I'd use it for.

That advice is worth every penny you paid for it.  Best of luck.

- Mike

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
13 replies since Jan. 21 2013, 10:12 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Something new - Your opinion?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions