2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: REI Day Packs< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
timberland Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 21 2013, 7:57 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've had a REI Flash 18 day pack for a few years.....wanted a few add on's like water bottle holders and a bit larger.  I then purchased a REI Stuff Travel Pack which I really like. Has water bottle holders, a cool lid over the top of the pack, but missing the handy loops for 1/8" bungee cord to lace / tie hoodies or camera tripod onto.   Now the REI folks have introduced a REI Flash 22....this is the best of both my other packs.  Has pockets, water bottle holders, loops for bungee chord... I like it. Those REI folks are mind readers : )

Flash 18 -- http://www.rei.com/search?query=REI+flash+18

Stuff Pack -- http://www.rei.com/product/809163/rei-stuff-travel-pack

Flash 22 -- http://www.rei.com/product/844631/rei-flash-22-pack
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
tomas Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 22 2013, 9:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've got a REI Traverse 35 that has served me well. I've used it for dayhikes and even air travel as a carry on.

Normally I wouldn't care, but that lime color on the Flash 22 is hideous.

--------------
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
 Post Number: 3
timberland Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 23 2013, 9:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I agree on the Lime....for that reason I purchased the Titanium color.  I would of preferred black or charcoal.  O'well....it looks to be my favorite pack this year.  Headed to our cabin in the Smokies in a couple of weeks and will give it a few days worth of field testing.
 Post Number: 4
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 23 2013, 11:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've got a Flash 18 that I often carry for use as a summit pack or a day pack on trips out of a base camp.  Seems to work pretty well.  But I'd have never bought it in that lime color.  What were they thinking?

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 5
BTall Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 9:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looks like a very functional peak/day pack.

Maybe the lime color is a built-in anti-theft device?
 Post Number: 6
TrailScouter Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2013, 10:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I, too, use the flash 18 for short hikes from base camp.  I like the pack, but in hindsight, wish it had a water bottle pocket and a small pocket for those things that you would like to be able to get to quickly.

Is the lime green color of the flash 22 reflective?  Regardless, it's got to be easy to find the pack if you set it down somewhere and walk away.
5 replies since Feb. 21 2013, 7:57 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply REI Day Packs
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions