2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: WTB ~ Bare Boxer 101< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
RyeTyler Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 01 2013, 3:45 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looking for a contender.. Thanks, Rye
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 01 2013, 11:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

?????

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 3
CenAZwalker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 01 2013, 2:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ May 01 2013, 11:28 am)
?????

Bear resistant storage container.

http://www.bareboxer.com/
 Post Number: 4
SWest Search for posts by this member.
No And Then!

PostIcon Posted on: May 01 2013, 2:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What in the what? I'm not clicking on that! What is the question?

--------------
The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep. -Frost
 Post Number: 5
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: May 01 2013, 3:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Last I knew, Bare Boxer made a smallish bear proof food container that would hold about 3 days worth of food, weighing about 1.5 pounds.  This is the Contender, the item the OP is Wanting To Buy, or WTB.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 6
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 01 2013, 5:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ May 01 2013, 12:43 pm)
Last I knew, Bare Boxer made a smallish bear proof food container that would hold about 3 days worth of food, weighing about 1.5 pounds.  This is the Contender, the item the OP is Wanting To Buy, or WTB.  

Clearly an On the Waterfront fan.

Brando: "I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am."
 Post Number: 7
AlmostThere Search for posts by this member.
I must not be there yet, I keep hiking...

PostIcon Posted on: May 02 2013, 9:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

They're forty bucks. Is the manufacturer out of them? You can walk into any store in Yosemite and buy one...

--------------
All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.
     Friedrich Nietzsche
 Post Number: 8
TrailTromper Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 02 2013, 9:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(AlmostThere @ May 02 2013, 9:23 am)
They're forty bucks. Is the manufacturer out of them? You can walk into any store in Yosemite and buy one...

Is that true with regard to price and availability in Yosemite stores?  It sounds a bit too good to be true.

Ordering from the manufacturer they are $54.95 plus $12.00
shipping and handling.  So $66.95.  If I can get one for $40, I will plan on picking one up when I am in Yosemite this Summer.
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: May 02 2013, 10:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ah, the price went up then. They will be 54.95 in the stores in Yosemite if they charge that at the website.

Last time I was in a store in Yosemite they were still forty bucks. Even so, it's the lightest canister on their approved list and still cheaper than all the others.

--------------
     Friedrich Nietzsche
 Post Number: 10
JRinGeorgia Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 02 2013, 12:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

They were out of stock for a long time last year, I wanted one but ended up getting a BV450, which I think is the next-smallest on the market. Looks like the BB is back available now.

It's a hard item to search for -- you put "boxer" and "contender" in the same string and the search engines bring up all kinds of links about boxing...

--------------
- JRinGeorgia
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: May 02 2013, 1:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And I would not recommend googling bare boxer.
 Post Number: 12
RyeTyler Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 02 2013, 6:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Lmao..  Yep, I'd rather find a nice used one.
Somebody had to upgrade to a bearikade..
:)  ~ Rye
 Post Number: 13
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: May 02 2013, 6:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

BTW, Googling Bare Boxer, either in images or in text, leads one to the product asked for in this post.  First thing on the search engine, much to my surprise.  I do not have any filters on my search, and yet bear proof food canisters are all I can see.  

--------------

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: May 02 2013, 9:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

When I get a Bearikade, I'm keeping the Bare Boxer. One is for weekend trips, the other is for trips of 5 or more days, or sharing....

--------------
     Friedrich Nietzsche
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: May 03 2013, 12:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ May 02 2013, 6:46 pm)
BTW, Googling Bare Boxer, either in images or in text, leads one to the product asked for in this post.  First thing on the search engine, much to my surprise.  I do not have any filters on my search, and yet bear proof food canisters are all I can see.  

I just googled bare boxer and not only got some pics of naked male boxers, guys in their boxers, etc., but your avatar showed up right next to a bare as* guy.  Funny.
 Post Number: 16
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: May 03 2013, 12:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks for the smile.

Funny, but true.  When I clicked on it, and asked to be taken to the page, it went to this thread.  wonder why my avatar was chosen?  Must be that bare knuckle pugilism in my past.  :)   

--------------

15 replies since May 01 2013, 3:45 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply WTB ~ Bare Boxer 101
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions