2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Campingaz lantern, proprietary fuel canister?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
llamapacker Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 19 2013, 10:19 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The widow of my llama packing buddy gave me a bunch of his gear including two Gaz lanterns, but no fuel canisters.  Camingaz website says that the closest retailer to me is in Olis, Iceland.  Anybody going that way anytime soon?  

Does anyone know of another brand of fuel canister compatible with the Gaz lanterns and stoves?  My EMS canisters don't fit.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Tigger Search for posts by this member.
Woods Pouncer

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 19 2013, 11:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nope. Mine is collecting dust. I loved it but I haven't found another canister. I'm still holding onto it in case someone does...

--------------
If I'm going to be lost, in the woods is where I want to be...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 19 2013, 11:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sometimes free is worth what it cost.
 Post Number: 4
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 3:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There was a place near me that still had those canister until very recently.  They sold their last ones sometime this spring.  I don't expect to ever see one again.
 Post Number: 5
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 6:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

THey're selling them on Ebay and Amazon.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 6
eggs Search for posts by this member.
That's sofa King assume

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 6:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(llamapacker @ Jun. 19 2013, 10:19 pm)
 Camingaz website says that the closest retailer to me is in Olis, Iceland.  Anybody going that way anytime soon?  

I'll be in Reykjavik on Monday the 24th. What am I looking for I could pick something up for you. I assume it is just the tank no fuel type canister right? I would not be able to bring fuel canisters with fuel in them back on the airline I'm sure

Send me a PM if you want. I'll be there from the 24th of June till July 6th

--------------
Eggs
Home of the egg
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 7
rpcv Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 9:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'll be in Reykjavik on Monday the 24th. What am I looking for I could pick something up for you. I assume it is just the tank no fuel type canister right? I would not be able to bring fuel canisters with fuel in them back on the airline I'm sure

They are compressed fuel canisters, so you won't be able to fly with them.  Enjoy Iceland!  My husband I were there last summer and did a long backpacking trip.  We _loved_ it.

Llamapacker, we went through this with our stove a couple of years ago.  Sadly, in the U.S., I think the camping gaz canisters are no more.

--------------
Silver Spring Wanderer
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 10:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eggs @ Jun. 20 2013, 3:54 am)

Camingaz website says that the closest retailer to me is in Olis, Iceland.  Anybody going that way anytime soon?  

Send me a PM if you want. I'll be there from the 24th of June till July 6th

It's the canisters with fuel I require.  I wouldn't doubt that the mantels are proprietary also.  You can't fly with fuel in canisters.  Thanks for the offer.  Enjoy your trip.
 Post Number: 9
Ricksterz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 8:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

CampingGaz fuel cartridges are available in Canada at most Mountain Equipment Co-op locations. Might be closer to you than Iceland.

CampingGaz

To the best of my knowledge, there are no compatible fuel cartridges made by other brands. It uses a proprietary connection.

--------------
Ricksterz
 Post Number: 10
blue_sage Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 21 2013, 11:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The widow of my llama packing buddy gave me a bunch of his gear including two Gaz lanterns, but no fuel canisters.  Camingaz website says that the closest retailer to me is in Olis, Iceland.  Anybody going that way anytime soon?  

Does anyone know of another brand of fuel canister compatible with the Gaz lanterns and stoves?  My EMS canisters don't fit.

I know an idiot that haunts these forums that bought one of those blue devil cans at the Sports Lure in Buffalo WY and mindlessly packed one on a trip without checking the connection.

Call them and ask for Luke. Last time I was in there they had some. June 2013

--------------
"Speak out, though your voice may shake"
 Post Number: 11
CRupp Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2013, 11:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not sure where your located but last year I was at Kittery Trading Post in Kittery Maine and they had quite an abundance of Gaz. My friend who has a Gaz stove picked up about half a dozen large containers of it. They do not however appear to list it on their website.
10 replies since Jun. 19 2013, 10:19 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Campingaz lantern
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions