2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Gear for sale, collecting too much< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
rayestrella Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 6:21 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I really need to sell some gear off. It is costing me to store it now and money is getting tight. Feel free to email me if there is something you are looking for that is not on the list.

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite: Large size, new in box. A friend got this as a replacement for his original style NeoAir and did not want the mummy cut so asked me to trade for my original Large as I was happy with my XLite. I donít need two and donít see my kids ever needing this size.
http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews....strella

Trail Designs Sidewinder Ti-Tri w/Inferno add-on: (Made for wood-burning) Also comes with Open Country 3 Cup Hard Anodized Pot, pot lifter, insulated cozy and stuff sack to keep it all in one place and your pack clean. Sell for $85.00 shipped CONUS

Platypus CleanStream Gravity Filter: I bought this filter in 2010 (before they changed the name to GravityWorks) and used it on about 10 trips, which on a couple trips a few of our forum members got to see and use it. I loved it but I only used it that summer as I had to help another writer with his huge water treatment article which saw me get a Sawyer gravity system and a Sawyer 3-in-1 that I used to make yet another gravity system. When I bought it I also purchased two extra filter cartridges one of which I will send also (sealed in box). (There is nothing at all wrong with the one it has right now.) Sell all for $95.00 shipped CONUS.

Platypus  GravityWorks  Filter: I got this just to use (and review) this summer. I like it a lot but donít need it as I have the home-made system too. Read about it here.
Sell for $65.00 shipped CONUS.

Sawyer 2L Complete Water Filtration System: 13 oz (369 g) w/ two (clean and dirty) reservoirs, filter cartridge and hose. Used only two times. (See above.) These are not the fastest gravity systems (the Platypus systems are faster) but they are the most robust. Sell for $65.00 shipped CONUS.
http://www.rei.com/product....2-liter
You can get one of these to make it a 4 L system.
https://www.sawyersafetravel2.com/more.asp?pid=238

Katadyn Vario: This was a test filter written about here:
I changed the cartridge after that test was done and have only used it a couple times since as I am always trying new gear. The cartridge in it is still good plus I have a new in-box replacement to send too. Sell all for $70.00 shipped CONUS.

MontBell Alpinist Bivy: Brand new, never taken from stuff sack. I bought this when I thought I was going to test a bunch of floorless shelters and tarps for BPL. Thankfully I did not have to do it so this is unneeded. Sell for $95.00 shipped CONUS

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core pads: size Petite (20 x 66) two of them, like new, these were my childrenís and were only used a few times. They outgrew them too fast! Has stuff sacks and repair kits. Sell for $45.00 each, shipped CONUS

Katadyn Mini Ceramic Water Microfilter: Almost new, in box. Used one time to test and time output and evaluate for an article. Sell for $70.00 shipped CONUS

MSR MIOX Water Purifier: Almost new, in box. Used one time to test and evaluate for an article. Personally I think this is smarter for emergency preparedness (it kills viruses) than backpacking, unless you need to make a lot of safe water at one time. Sell for $85.00 shipped CONUS

Email me for pics or more info. If interested please contact me at rayestrella (AT) hotmail (DOT) com

--------------
I measure happiness with an altimeter
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
jcb Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 3:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ray, does the Sidewinder come w/ the 12-10 stove and esbit stove?

--------------
We do not inherit the earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children.
 Post Number: 3
AndyPandy Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 7:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What is the price on the x-lite?

Have you ever used it or any mummy style pad in a hammock?
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 7:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes it does JC,

Oops. The XLite is $125.00 shipped CONUS. I have never used a hammock. Some day I should as trees are plentiful here.

--------------
 Post Number: 5
Ishmel Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2013, 10:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey Ray, I'm interested in the sawyer 2l system. I'm in St. Cloud are you close enough for a pick up?
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 21 2013, 7:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you would like to that's fine, Ishmael. Email me at rayestrella (AT) hotmail (DOT) com to discuss schedules. (I will be hiking Saturday but back by 1:00 pm Sunday.)

--------------
 Post Number: 7
IAJeff Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 28 2013, 11:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ray I just sent you an email about the Platypus  GravityWorks. I am interested in that.
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 02 2013, 8:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Updated list

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite: Large size, new in box. A friend got this as a replacement for his original style NeoAir and did not want the mummy cut so asked me to trade for my original Large as I was happy with my XLite. I donít need two and donít see my kids ever needing this size. Sell for $135.00 shipped CONUS

Trail Designs Sidewinder Ti-Tri w/Inferno add-on: (Made for wood-burning) Also comes with Open Country 3 Cup Hard Anodized Pot, pot lifter, insulated cozy and stuff sack to keep it all in one place and your pack clean. Sell for $85.00 shipped CONUS

Platypus CleanStream Gravity Filter: I bought this filter in 2010 (before they changed the name to GravityWorks) and used it on about 10 trips, which on a couple trips a few of our forum members got to see and use it. I loved it but I only used it that summer as I had to help another writer with his huge water treatment article which saw me get a Sawyer gravity system and a Sawyer 3-in-1 that I used to make yet another gravity system. When I bought it I also purchased two extra filter cartridges one of which I will send also (sealed in box). (There is nothing at all wrong with the one it has right now.) Sell all for $95.00 shipped CONUS.

Sawyer 2L Complete Water Filtration System: 13 oz (369 g) w/ two (clean and dirty) reservoirs, filter cartridge and hose. Used only two times. (See above.) These are not the fastest gravity systems (the Platypus systems are faster) but they are the most robust. Sell for $65.00 shipped CONUS.
http://www.rei.com/product....2-liter
You can get one of these to make it a 4 L system.
https://www.sawyersafetravel2.com/more.asp?pid=238

MontBell Alpinist Bivy: Brand new, never taken from stuff sack. I bought this when I thought I was going to test a bunch of floorless shelters and tarps for BPL. Thankfully I did not have to do it so this is unneeded. Sell for $95.00 shipped CONUS

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core pads: size Petite (20 x 66) two of them, like new, these were my childrenís and were only used a few times. They outgrew them too fast! Has stuff sacks and repair kits. Sell for $45.00 each, shipped CONUS

Katadyn Mini Ceramic Water Microfilter: Almost new, in box. Used one time to test and time output and evaluate for an article. Sell for $70.00 shipped CONUS

MSR MIOX Water Purifier: Almost new, in box. Used one time to test and evaluate for an article. Personally I think this is smarter for emergency preparedness (it kills viruses) than backpacking, unless you need to make a lot of safe water at one time. Sell for $85.00 shipped CONUS

Email me for pics or more info. If interested please contact me at rayestrella (AT) hotmail (DOT) com

--------------
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 04 2013, 7:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sawyer Squeeze: complete system, all bags, caps, cleaning syringe plus the optional in-line adaptors to use it inline or as a gravity system (as I was thinking of doing that). I also will include an adapter I made to allow it to be used directly into a Platypus bottle or bag.  I have rarely used this as it really is not great for our lakes, better for rivers and streams. Sell for $30.00 shipped CONUS

Sawyer Personal Water Bottle Filter (new): I bought two of these, one I used a lot and then modded with an AquaStraw, this one has never been used. Has the faucet backflush adaptor, not the syringe backflush device of this yearsí. (Faucet is better.) Sell for $30.00 shipped CONUS

--------------
 Post Number: 10
FamilyGuy Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 04 2013, 8:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ray, sent you an email.

--------------
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 05 2013, 5:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Squeeze is sold

--------------
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 05 2013, 8:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sawyer Personal Water Bottle Filter GONE

--------------
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 08 2013, 8:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

NeoAir sold

--------------
12 replies since Jun. 20 2013, 6:21 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Gear for sale
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions