2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: To finish my studies...help me please!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Ofiofi Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 30 2013, 3:06 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good afternoon!!! My name is Olga and I'm new in here. I love to have websites where you can find info about youth travelers... Some years ago I started to study Tourism Management to enjoy travelling around the world (what a stupid idea!!) These studies just make you receive people travelling, don't give you power to travel!! Now... after 10 years... I've decided finish my studies. As my project, I'm making a research about youth travelers, can you maybe help me? It will take you just 3 minutes...press this ling, please! Thank you so much guys!!
https://docs.google.com/forms....iewform
Thanks!!!
Olga
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 30 2013, 3:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My, another poster from Europe who doesn't get what this board is about.  Good thing it has been a month since the last one.

Olga-- We do not stay in hostels predominantly, we trek, carrying everything we need on our back, in a pack.  Thus, Backpacker.com.  I would also bet few of us have been to Barcelona, but it is on my list.

As for booking a hostel via FaceBook... well, maybe you get the idea.  Your survey is not of much use to you if you ask for people to fill it out, when they do not use most of the sources you ask about.

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 3
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 30 2013, 3:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

In order to properly help you finish your studies we'll need to understand your views regarding:

kilts
Lucretius
brussels sprouts
okra
bacon
Mustafa Ataturk
Bill Clinton

Thank you for your interest.
 Post Number: 4
george of the j Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 30 2013, 6:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi Olga,

As ol-zeke already replied, "backpacking" in the United States does not mean the same thing as "backpacking" in Europe. In the United States, "backpacking" means hiking into the wilderness and camping, carrying a sleeping bag, tent, food, and other gear and supplies in a backpack. It does not involve hostels.

Best regards,
George
 Post Number: 5
JRinGeorgia Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 30 2013, 10:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Plus, a whole lot of us here fall well beyond the "youth" category...

--------------
- JRinGeorgia
 Post Number: 6
toesnorth Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 30 2013, 10:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JRinGeorgia @ Jun. 30 2013, 10:11 pm)
Plus, a whole lot of us here fall well beyond the "youth" category...

Speak for yourself, sonny!  
:laugh:

--------------
"Failure is never as frightening as regret."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 7
oldnolder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 30 2013, 10:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was gonna say oldZeke ain't what you'ld call youth and I'm older.
 Post Number: 8
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 30 2013, 11:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

OnO, you have such a pleasant way of saying things.  :)  

--------------

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 9
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 01 2013, 6:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Others pointed out backpacking in the US means something different than in Europe. It's hiking (walking) on rough trails (or even no trails) to remote wilderness where there are few, if any, other people while carrying all necessary supplies, sleeping gear and shelter on one's back in a... surprise!... backpack.

I've never stayed in a hostel or used Facebook.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 10
damnedjose Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 04 2013, 11:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

has anyone clicked on the gd link in the op??????

just wondering.
 Post Number: 11
paula53 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 04 2013, 11:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I wouldn't trust it.
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 05 2013, 10:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I clicked on the link (this computer is hosed anyway) and the first question is:

Why did you choose Barcelona as your holiday destination?

Due to gastronomical/cultural reasons
   Due to the climate
   Due to the nightlife
   Due to economical reasons (cheap)
   Other:

It rapidly goes downhill from there.

--------------

Post Number: 13
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 05 2013, 11:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No mention of the quirky architecture?

How is that even possible?

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/gaudi/barcelona-gaudi.html

http://www.globotreks.com/destinations/10-gaudi-buildings-barcelona/
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2013, 8:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh, and you're required to answer every question before jumping to the next page (I didn't). You're not allowed to skip around and look at the other questions or pages.

--------------

Post Number: 15
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2013, 10:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Jul. 05 2013, 8:54 pm)
I clicked on the link (this computer is hosed anyway) and the first question is:

Why did you choose Barcelona as your holiday destination?

Due to gastronomical/cultural reasons
   Due to the climate
   Due to the nightlife
   Due to economical reasons (cheap)
   Other:

It rapidly goes downhill from there.

Lol... That's funny.  I'm always amazed by these students who rely so heavily on survey results for their studies but clearly have no idea how to make a survey that's even remotely useful.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 16
ponderosa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2013, 11:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think it's funny that they come here to do "research," but haven't done even five minutes worth of reading to research what this forum is actually about.

--------------
The harder the toil, the sweeter the rest.
 Post Number: 17
Drake Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2013, 11:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What this all says to me is that testing folks for admission to an institution of higher education should be more rigorous.

As far as "help to finish my studies" I don't think finishing them is the issue.  Starting them is the issue.

HYOH,

Drake
 Post Number: 18
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2013, 12:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I clicked on the link because I thought it was a co-ed looking for someone to help with tuition.  I was checking to see what we could do for each other.  :)  

--------------

Post Number: 19
TigerFan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2013, 3:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ofiofi @ Jun. 30 2013, 3:06 pm)
Good afternoon!!! My name is Olga and I'm new in here. I love to have websites where you can find info about youth travelers... Some years ago I started to study Tourism Management to enjoy travelling around the world (what a stupid idea!!) These studies just make you receive people travelling, don't give you power to travel!! Now... after 10 years... I've decided finish my studies. As my project, I'm making a research about youth travelers, can you maybe help me? It will take you just 3 minutes...press this ling, please! Thank you so much guys!!
https://docs.google.com/forms....iewform
Thanks!!!
Olga

OK, I took the survey since she asked.  But I probably screwed up the data since (a) I'm not a "youth", (b) I don't Facebook, © I don't stay in youth hostels.  Oh well!

--------------
Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
18 replies since Jun. 30 2013, 3:06 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply To finish my studies...help me please!
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions