2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Selling a bunch of North Face gear *NEW*< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
tubevision808 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 4:46 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hello guys..

First time poster here...trying to clean out my closet and figured this is a good place to sell some gear.  All items are new...most of them have tags.  I am trying to sell these items to raise money for an upcoming Rainier climb.

What I am selling:
-North Face Mens Medium Summit Series Eurus Pant for $100 (retails for $199)

-North Face Mens Medium Summit Series Gore-Tex Five Point Pant $200 (retails for $349)

-North Face Mens Medium Stowaway Paclite Wateroof Gore-Tex jacket for $80

Let me know if you are interested, thanks!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 5:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

First time posters who are here to sell gear usually get met rather coldly.  This is not a community driven by gear swapping.  Sure, there are the occasional exchanges, but not like this.  "New" gear, some with tags, raises alarms, as in possible stolen items.

How about you take a little time to introduce yourself.  Which state do you live in?  Where do you like to hike?  What kind of gear do you use?  Solo, or with others?

You might find yourself making friends, or at least being eyed less suspiciously.

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 5:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

yea, i figured as much...don't get me wrong I posted knowing full well how this comes off.

I live in California...I usually hike in the trinity alps for big trips although my goal is to complete the john muir trail, maybe next year.  I've climbed to the summit of Rainier and Whitney...I have a second Rainier trip planned in a few weeks.  Two of these climbs were for BCM's Summit for Someone.

I can assure you this gear is not stolen...I just figured this is the best place to benefit actual users quickly besides ebay....like I said I need the money for my upcoming climb.  If it doesn't sell and nobody wants it, thats fine too...I will still probably post here...I've been meaning to register for awhile now
 Post Number: 4
GaryP4321 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 9:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

White blaze actually has a spot to sell gear if  your interested I know they are ok with it. Here on the other hand is not so.
 Post Number: 5
toesnorth Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2013, 9:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(GaryP4321 @ Jul. 21 2013, 9:33 pm)
White blaze actually has a spot to sell gear if  your interested I know they are ok with it. Here on the other hand is not so.

Nonsense.  Established posters sell gear here all the time, including me.
I think folks tend to be suspicious when people just pop up and want to sell stuff.

--------------
"Failure is never as frightening as regret."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
GaryP4321 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2013, 8:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(toesnorth @ Jul. 21 2013, 6:37 pm)
I think folks tend to be suspicious when people just pop up and want to sell stuff.

I was referring to people who have low posts such as myself and the poster in question. There are always the exception to the rules and the people who have been here the longest tend to make the rules therefore they are the exception.
 Post Number: 7
no_granola Search for posts by this member.
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2013, 8:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(GaryP4321 @ Jul. 24 2013, 8:21 pm)

(toesnorth @ Jul. 21 2013, 6:37 pm)

I was referring to people who have low posts such as myself and the poster in question. There are always the exception to the rules and the people who have been here the longest tend to make the rules therefore they are the exception.

I don't know if veterans make the rules so much as they don't want to buy stuff over the internet from a brand new poster who pops in just to make a sale.

If you were selling something I was interested in I might buy it, Gary.  Your short posting history is far too elaborate.  If you came here to rip someone off for $100 on an internet sale you're really working hard for it.

--------------
I never imagined that being obnoxious would get me where I am today.
 Post Number: 8
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2013, 9:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't think anyone has any objection to someone selling gear once they've established some creditability on the forums.  Someone brand new to the forums, not so much.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 9
Franco Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2013, 12:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

it's really very simple.
If I come to your place ,and you don't know me, you are not going to take a cheque from me , are you?

On top of the "sorry but we don't know you" there is the fact that there is more fake TNF gear around than any other brand, hence the suspicion.
Nothing to do with you "tubevision" the same would be for anyone not known here..
 Post Number: 10
QCHIKER Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2013, 6:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just because you have numerous post on here has nothing to do with how credible of buyer you. It just means you have put a lot of posts on here about things.
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2013, 8:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Backpacking and buying privately on the net have something in common.
That is risk management.

I don't know about you but I try to minimise the risk knowing that I cannot entirely eliminate it.

A troll will be able to post thousands of messages over the years and remain anonymous.
However they are not all that difficult to spot , the particular care they take in remaining anonymous is always a good clue about their intentions.
On the other hand you have people like me.
You don't need to be a google genius to find out my full name and that I live in Australia.
It just happens that there are two people with my surname in Australia and they both live at the same address...
I also happen to have about 60 youTube clips where you see me , hear my peculiar accent and in most see my own backyard...
From this you know that I don't crave privacy and I have nothing to hide either.
But I am not the only one.
 Post Number: 12
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 26 2013, 12:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Franco @ Jul. 25 2013, 8:22 pm)
I also happen to have about 60 youTube clips where you see me ,

Hey, Franco.  Reference me to your youTube clips.  I'd like to take a look at them.

Thanks.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 26 2013, 2:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Warning :
Do not watch my clips when driving !
(or if you want to stay awake)

Here is one about snuffing an alcohol stove and recovering the remaining fuel :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poDcCH_VFvE
(works with most stoves and yes I do realise that it is very simple to do...)

This is the fastest real time tent set up on the net :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWZQKivY2SA
(and that is how the Moment was named, although the F1 original code name for it was pretty good too)

Note that I named the channel after myself because I find my name easy to remember.
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 26 2013, 1:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

glad I could spark this intriguing discussion....but I suppose nobody wants this gear so I will put it up on ebay!

Ps...adding to my list...I have a promotion code that is for any pair of keen boots on their website....I don't really have a use for new boots so I am also willing to sell this code for $60.  At least this way you know you can't get scammed if you're worried about it because the code will work immediately.

If you're getting the picture by now I am in the industry so I have access to some gear which I don't always need so in order to pay some extra bills I tend to sell things off so that I can go climb mountains :D
 Post Number: 15
wcolucci Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 26 2013, 3:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

At least this way you know you can't get scammed if you're worried about it because the code will work immediately.

we're suspicious, please post the code here so we can verify before we fork over the moola

--------------
getting old stinks...but it beats the alternative
 Post Number: 16
wcolucci Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 26 2013, 4:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is the fastest real time tent set up on the net :

I like the music on that one.....

--------------
getting old stinks...but it beats the alternative
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 26 2013, 8:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I like the music on that one.....
I liked the circus as a kid, I remember trying to help setting up the big top by placing the seats and stuff like that
(this is well before folk came up with safety regulations...)
I was lucky enough to witness the first ever triple somersault on the trapeze 3 years in a row.

But going back to the OP, I noticed that  the pants for sale are not exactly the stuff that knock off manufacturers would want to make nor the stuff a scammer would try to sell either.
16 replies since Jul. 21 2013, 4:46 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Selling a bunch of North Face gear *NEW*
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions