2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Teton Sports Sleeping Bags, Sleeping bags< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
JD975 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2014, 2:13 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am looking for a good sleeping sleeping bag, but don't want to spend a ton of money since I only get to go out 4 or 5 times a year.  Ayone have any thoughts or info on the ones from Teton Sports?  I have a tent from them that I like, but not sure on how good their sleeping bags are.  I want to spend between $75-$125.

Thanks! :)
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
outbackpacker3 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2014, 2:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The guys on hammock forums really like the ozark trails down bag from Walmart it's down and the ones I've seen in store seem pretty nice
 Post Number: 3
MississipVol Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 02 2014, 2:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Teton Sports stuff has pretty good reviews on Amazon but it is pretty heavy also. Even their "ultralight" sleeping bag is 3 pounds.

Like the previous poster said, I have also read good things about the Ozark Trails Down sleeping bag at Wal-Mart. At least at your price range, it would be one to consider because it only weighs 1.5 pounds.

You didn't mention the temps you would be camping in. Remember to add 10 degrees to the ratings of most bags as the "comfort" temperature.
 Post Number: 4
sandier4 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2014, 3:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Teton bags overall are decent, but the backpacking bags are a little heavy in comparison to some others.  They are pretty durable and if you are only using them 4 or 5 times a year, they should work for you.  Reviews
 Post Number: 5
treelinebackpacker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2014, 7:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you do some searching, you should be able to find a Ketly Cosmic down bag for around 100-125. A much much much better bag.
The teton sports are heavy, large, and are a bit loose when it comes to their temp ratings ( pretty common though).
 Post Number: 6
MississipVol Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2014, 9:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(treelinebackpacker @ Apr. 04 2014, 7:40 pm)
If you do some searching, you should be able to find a Ketly Cosmic down bag for around 100-125. A much much much better bag.
The teton sports are heavy, large, and are a bit loose when it comes to their temp ratings ( pretty common though).

I started to mention that one too. It is definitely a great bag.
 Post Number: 7
QCHIKER Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2014, 9:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

For the money you are going to spend you could buy a better quality bag that is used over on ebay. I got a couple over on there that were used. They looked like they were brand new and were Mountain Hardwear down bags.
 Post Number: 8
HuntersHikes Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 21 2014, 10:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you have a Dick's (Sporting goods...) near your, go check their shelves...they had a Sierra Designs 20* down bag (Solar Down) with the exact same specs as the Kelty Cosmic Down 20* (because owned by same parent company) for all of $69.  I grabbed one and can't wait to try it out.  (for the record, a SD rep confirmed to me that this bag and the Kelty Cosmic are identical)

--------------
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball, and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without considering if there are men on base.

Latitude:N 42° 7' 34.7232"
Longitude:W 71° 42' 28.6164"

www.huntershikes.com
7 replies since Apr. 02 2014, 2:13 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Teton Sports Sleeping Bags
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions