2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 11912345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: The Official Kilt Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
MsDoolittle Search for posts by this member.
Don't mess with a girl and her shovel

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 6:30 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

snowshoe wrote in the "It's Raining" thread:
"Oh, the HUMANITY!
MsD...you said it...it's a matter of misguided priorities. Pure selfishnes, this lack o' kilts. What are we bonnie lassies to DO?"

We start a thread devoted entirely to kilts, that's what we do! Maybe we'll finally get results!!

We won't take it anymore! We want backpacker boys in kilts and we want 'em now! Mad

Big Grin
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Spirit Coyote Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 6:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

HEAR! HEAR! I sencond the motion!

--------------
Speaking before thinking since 1979 :)
 Post Number: 3
spindle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 6:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Kilts kilts kilts kilts!!!

Come on. Show us some bonnie backpacker knees!
 Post Number: 4
Nigal Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 7:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nicklebag keeps harping on me to wear one and take pictures of the event. If she and her crew pony up with one of the MH kilts I’d spend a weekend in one to see how it was.

--------------
"Praise the God of all, drink the wine, and let the world be the world."
— French Proverb
 Post Number: 5
snowshoe Search for posts by this member.
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 7:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The bonnie backpacking babes, er, lassies have spoken...anhd we call for...
Kilts!

--------------
Finally, anyone who uses the terms irregardless, whole nother, or all of the sudden shall be sentenced to a work camp. -Stewie Griffin
Quoth the Redhead...
 Post Number: 6
Deborah Search for posts by this member.
Deborah - 18 Months

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 7:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

ahhh gang, do you think we should qualify the guys to determine who would look the best in a kilt? I mean really... I bet it would be cross-over guys who do serious bike riding in addition to hiking.. ooooo the quads and calves on those boys.. to die for!

--------------
“What we need is production by the masses, not mass-production”  Gandhi

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn”  David Russell
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 7
Nigal Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 7:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

To be perfectly honest concerning my own legs, you could find better legs in a bucket of chicken.

--------------
"Praise the God of all, drink the wine, and let the world be the world."
— French Proverb
 Post Number: 8
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 7:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by Deborah:
ahhh gang, do you think we should qualify the guys to determine who would look the best in a kilt? I mean really... I bet it would be cross-over guys who do serious bike riding in addition to hiking.. ooooo the quads and calves on those boys.. to die for!

Ohhh, heart be still...to have so many kilt applicants to have to have qualifiers, lest there be too many hikers in kilts! My my!

--------------
Finally, anyone who uses the terms irregardless, whole nother, or all of the sudden shall be sentenced to a work camp. -Stewie Griffin
Quoth the Redhead...
 Post Number: 9
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 7:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by Nigal:
To be perfectly honest concerning my own legs, you could find better legs in a bucket of chicken.

We will be the judge of that, thank you!Wink

--------------
Quoth the Redhead...
 Post Number: 10
Deborah - 18 Months

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 8:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Ohhh, heart be still...to have so many kilt applicants to have to have qualifiers, lest there be too many hikers in kilts! My my!

BTW, my hubby has those serious quads and calves.... ooo eeee.... I never really thought a guys legs mattered that much, but I do enjoy his.. Wink

--------------

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn”  David Russell
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 8:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by Deborah:
quote:

BTW, my hubby has those serious quads and calves.... ooo eeee.... I never really thought a guys legs mattered that much, but I do enjoy his.. Wink

mmmmm, that bit o'quad right above the knees...oh baby...

No qualifiers! It's hard enough to get the boys into the kilts. We can see who needs to wear 'em more AFTER we have the pics, agreed?
 Post Number: 12
Deborah - 18 Months

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 8:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
mmmmm, that bit o'quad right above the knees...oh baby...

No qualifiers! It's hard enough to get the boys into the kilts. We can see who needs to wear 'em more AFTER we have the pics, agreed?

Sounds like a plan to me. Smiler

--------------

Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 8:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Right!

Now all we need are some pics...

come on guys, help us out here.
 Post Number: 14
powercat Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 8:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I kind of put mine on the back burnner while working on my summer remodeling project. I think it's time to worry about it again. I need to find a nice purple cloth for it.

Really my legs aren't going to do much for you though. I don't work them out like I used to and there is that great big scar right down the middle of the one. May be one on the other knee in a few months.

--------------
Bad pirates get all the booty. :p
 Post Number: 15
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 8:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by powercat:
Really my legs aren't going to do much for you though. I don't work them out like I used to and there is that great big scar right down the middle of the one. May be one on the other knee in a few months.

Scars are sexy, and it's all attitude, baby! Wink

--------------
Quoth the Redhead...
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 8:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by snowshoe:
quote:

You'd be wise to listen to the red headed lass! Scars are very sexy. And we all know you got it goin' on! Wink Big Grin
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 8:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by MsDoolittle:
quote:
quote:

You'd be wise to listen to the red headed lass! Scars are very sexy. And we all know you got it goin' on! Wink Big Grin

Uh huh uh huh. The girls be likin' scars, oh yes we do!
 Post Number: 18
powercat Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 8:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You'd like my calfs. They are still pretty ripped. My quads are mostly gone though.

--------------
Bad pirates get all the booty. :p
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 9:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
You'd like my calfs. They are still pretty ripped. My quads are mostly gone though.

A man in a kilt is confident, THAT's the biggest draw. Wear hiking boots with that? Wink
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 9:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You ladies want to see testosterone at it's peak? Take a gander:

He lives up by Rochester, NY. I think I need to paint that.
 Post Number: 21
Deborah - 18 Months

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 9:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

ooo eeee... yep, hubby's calves are like that.... Wink

--------------

Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 9:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

In celebration of Kilts: http://www.kiltday.com/ Which happens to be today!

The first Friday in May is No Pants Day! http://www.nopantsday.com/
 Post Number: 23
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 9:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by spindle:

Ooo eee is right!
Hmmm I think I have a friend in Rochester I should visit... Smiler She needs to meet a hardy mountain man....

--------------
Quoth the Redhead...
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 10:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
quote:

Ooo eee is right!
Hmmm I think I have a friend in Rochester I should visit... Smiler She needs to meet a hardy mountain man....

I have $10 that says he can hike too.
 Post Number: 25
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 10:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And just a quote from the utilikilt website from a, erm, satisfied customer:

I just bought my utilikilt today at Folsom street faire. Within 3 hours I had a girl groping up around in it, who wasn't my wife.
Cheers!!! The kilts rule!
Travis - San Francisco

--------------
Quoth the Redhead...
 Post Number: 26
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 10:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
In celebration of Kilts: http://www.kiltday.com/ Which happens to be today!

The first Friday in May is No Pants Day! http://www.nopantsday.com/

Come on all you swarthy, virile hiking men...celebrate!!!!!

--------------
Quoth the Redhead...
 Post Number: 27
STOGIE Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 10:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you can find me a kilt from O'Dougherty Clan from Donegal County, Ireland, I'll wear it with Honor!
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 10:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just say NO! to Trouser Tyranny!
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 10:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by STOGIE:
If you can find me a kilt from O'Dougherty Clan from Donegal County, Ireland, I'll wear it with Honor!

I found your tartan! Just fill out the info so they can put one together for you!

http://www.borderart.co.uk/prodtartan.asp?TartanID=594

Big Grin

We Irish folk are a bit different than the Scotts. We go by county rather than surname. Wink My ancestory hales from County Clare. Big Grin
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2006, 10:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Just say NO! to Trouser Tyranny!

Gads, I love that site. *sighs*
3542 replies since Aug. 28 2006, 6:30 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 11912345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply The Official Kilt Thread
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions