2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: I'm outta here soon.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Randy-n-Alec Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 7:48 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I won't go into detail, but I did something "wrong" 13 years ago that just caught up with me. Seems I'm going to spend 7-10 in Coscalla Federal Prison.  17 months and about 160k in lawyers fees couldnt convince a jury that what I did saved the future of 3 kids and his wife.
 Anyway, I have to turn my life over by March 15th. But I'm gonna spend the next 8 days with the kid in the Smokies and then Christmas eve and Christmas With him, then "Turn myself in". The sooner I can get this over the better.
 I dont know if anyone will still be here in 7 years or if this site will even exist so I just wanted to say goodbye and best wishes to all of you. I hope everyones futures are full of wonderful greatness. I really enjoyed this forum. All of you have been great.
 I really will think about y'all and miss my visits here. I have a couple buddies at the prison.(Guards, not inmates) They say I can go online, monitored, but I can't go to chat rooms or forums.
I have alot of planning to do for the next 3 weeks so goodbye. Keep hiking.  :)  Peace

PS, several of you have pm's and emails I sent over the last couple days. And I'm sorry if I don't get back to you.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
christy_E Search for posts by this member.
Christy

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 7:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:(

--------------
Ink, it costs a lot to look this cheap.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
Deborah Search for posts by this member.
Deborah - 18 Months

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 8:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Randy,

I know you are quite a jokester, but this one does not sound like a joke.  

You will be missed.

Deborah

--------------
“What we need is production by the masses, not mass-production”  Gandhi

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn”  David Russell
 Post Number: 4
Saoirse Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 8:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

South America is nice this time of year.

--------------
Nil gach uile fhanai caillte.
 Post Number: 5
jonnycat Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 8:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Damn that sucks, Randy; at least it's fed.  

You will be missed, man; always had a good time with you.  

--------------
The difference between theory and practice is generally greater in practice than in theory.
 Post Number: 6
Icenav Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 8:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Reading this I kept hoping for the punch line....but it never came.
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong, be safe.

--------------
You don't have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things -- to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated to reach challenging goals.  
-Edmund Hillary
 Post Number: 7
Ron. Search for posts by this member.
don't surround yourself with your self

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 9:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Icenav @ Dec. 05 2007, 7:14 pm)
Reading this I kept hoping for the punch line....but it never came.
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong, be safe.

My thoughts exactly.

Too much bad news around here lately  :(

--------------
And be kind toward one another
 Post Number: 8
nic Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 9:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If this is truely so long for awhile, I wish you well. You're wit and the smiles you bring to all will truely be missed. Take care of yourself and good wishes to Alec as well.

--------------
Climb more mountains, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, and cry less.
 Post Number: 9
BoomerHiker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 9:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:(

Take care of yourself. We'll miss you.

--------------
Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains.
 Post Number: 10
atvtuner Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 9:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Is that the new super-max?

--------------
"A land ethic, then, reflects the existence of an ecological conscience, and this in turn reflects a conviction of individual responsibility for the health of the land."

--Aldo Leopold
 Post Number: 11
Equipaje Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 9:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Where is Coscalla Federal Prison?  The only Coscalla that I am coming up with is in Chile.
 Post Number: 12
swimswithtrout Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 9:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Equipaje @ Dec. 05 2007, 7:40 pm)
Where is Coscalla Federal Prison?  The only Coscalla that I am coming up with is in Chile.

You found 1 ?? , I already did a search and couldn't get anything !  :angry:

Randy !! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

--------------
Want to see The Wind River Range in widescreen 1080p ?
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 10:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That wasn't very nice dude!

Randy's plans for March

--------------
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 11:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah....I saw that, but plans have been known to change.  Starting to look like we've been had.  And, Randy, I hope so.  If not, sorry for doubting.
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 11:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

More evidence?
 Post Number: 16
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 11:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ron. @ Dec. 05 2007, 10:57 pm)
That wasn't very nice dude!

Randy's plans for March

He's going to camp under a waterfall?  I hope he brings a towel.
 Post Number: 17
CajunHiker Search for posts by this member.
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 11:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Enjoy your vacation.  See ya next time I pass through Atlanta! :p

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 11:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He was very convincing though wasn't he?

--------------
 Post Number: 19

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2007, 11:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

???

--------------
 Post Number: 20
CajunHiker Search for posts by this member.
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2007, 12:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He's insane.  No doubt about it.  

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 21
hoosierdaddy Search for posts by this member.
Trophy spouse

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2007, 12:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Most people leave the forums with much turmoil, swearing, kicking, screaming, ranting and raving...it's done right!  Either that or Steve just pushes the magic button, so this is a new one.   ???

--------------
God, I am going to regret this someday!
 Post Number: 22
Panama Rob Search for posts by this member.
aka Nite Train of Pain

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2007, 12:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm sure you are guilty of something.......I am just not sure what.

--------------
Honor is...a gift that a man gives himself...Quoted from the movie Rob Roy

www.whispersofnature.org
 Post Number: 23
TravisNWood Search for posts by this member.
W Y O M I N G

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2007, 12:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

...I won't go into detail, but I did something "wrong" 13 years ago that just caught up with me...
That is why you need to make reservations in advance. Plan your trips. Get a room with a view. Have you talked to your warden lately? Chances are even today, he has available a corner cell with — not one — but two portholes of light for your viewing pleasure.

Need a toilet? At some time in our lives, each of us does. Let Prison Planning Services help plan your next incarceration. Yes, PPS has custom packages for your convenience. Try our “In the Slammer” March special. Or perhaps you’d prefer our “Sing-sing Suite?” We pay bribes to get you that Alcatraz look you’ve always wanted.

Yes Randy, soon you could be sitting on your own little can right there in your spacious 5’ by 8’ living area . Don’t delay. Thirteen years is a long wait. Call PPS today and reserve your home in the joint and special priveleges from your neighborhood warden.

It’s a rip-off, and we do it for you!

--------------
Location — Wyoming
Webpages — Cloud Peak Wilderness MapsRocky Mountain Wildlife
Photos — Bighorn Mountains — Wyoming Steppes
 Post Number: 24
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2007, 12:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TravisNWood @ Dec. 06 2007, 12:29 am)
Need a toilet? At some time in our lives, each of us does.

Yeah, some people scoff at my Montbell trowel, but it's great at working a hole into rocky ground.  It would make an excellent shiv, also.
 Post Number: 25
Delynn Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2007, 3:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hmmm.......looks like I can take that soap-on-a-rope back for a refund.  No Christmas present for you, Ran-D!!

--------------
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

Uh-oh.  I think we may have a problem.
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2007, 4:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Delynn @ Dec. 06 2007, 2:59 pm)
Hmmm.......looks like I can take that soap-on-a-rope back for a refund.  No Christmas present for you, Ran-D!!

Go ahead and give him the soap-on-a-rope. You do not want to drop the soap.

--------------
 Post Number: 27
The Nature Boy Search for posts by this member.
Woooooo....

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2007, 6:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You know, if the joke reference here wasn't quite so obscure, I might appreciate the thread.

--------------
If you don't like it, learn to love it.....
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2007, 6:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You know, if the joke reference here wasn't quite so obscure, I might appreciate the thread.

I hope to enlightened as to the reference, it must really really be obscure.

--------------
 Post Number: 29
Randy-n-Alec Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2007, 6:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(big_load @ Dec. 06 2007, 12:42 am)

(TravisNWood @ Dec. 06 2007, 12:29 am)
Need a toilet? At some time in our lives, each of us does.

Yeah, some people scoff at my Montbell trowel, but it's great at working a hole into rocky ground.  It would make an excellent shiv, also.

I love that word shiv. Makes me giggle for some reason.

It's been a long standing tradition of mine to celebrate April fools day in December. Everyone expects jokes on the real day so no one believes anything.

(I honestly am very, very sorry to a few folks that sent me emails and Im's.  Very sorry to one person mostly that is probly my best bud here. He/she even sent me their address so we could be pen pals. You know who you are.  :) That was very sweet and you are a mega-cool person.)
 Post Number: 30
red dog Search for posts by this member.
Elev  2,180'

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2007, 6:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Delynn @ Dec. 06 2007, 1:59 pm)

Just get a rope...then we'll have dope on a rope.

--------------
Arizona
38 replies since Dec. 05 2007, 7:48 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply I'm outta here soon.
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions