2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 43912345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: The "Good Morning" thread: part 2< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Mataharihiker Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2008, 8:17 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Since some power hungry idiot decided to remove the original I will begin another.  After all, we can't let some nut case ruin our morning conversations, can we?

Maybe Steve can fix things so we get the original back in which case we can scratch this one...but, in the meantime............good morning!

--------------
Abandon the search for truth; settle for a good fantasy!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Deborah Search for posts by this member.
Deborah - 18 months

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2008, 8:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good evening woman.  How are you doing?

I have been weaving all weekend.  It would have been great if I could have gotten into this class when my ankle was still in a cast.  But, that was not to be.  So, I am busy doing "homework" in the middle of the summer.  

But, the class is good and I am enjoying it.

--------------
“What we need is production by the masses, not mass-production”  Gandhi

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn”  David Russell
 Post Number: 3
snowshoe Search for posts by this member.
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2008, 8:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Go Mata, go!

Good evening!

I've been working all weekend. Still have a few hours to go, but the worst of it it over.

Nasty storms rolling through, however, so who knows if I'll een be able to be on the computer?

--------------
Finally, anyone who uses the terms irregardless, whole nother, or all of the sudden shall be sentenced to a work camp. -Stewie Griffin
Quoth the Redhead...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 4
atvtuner Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2008, 8:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good evening Ladies. Is the bar open?

--------------
"A land ethic, then, reflects the existence of an ecological conscience, and this in turn reflects a conviction of individual responsibility for the health of the land."

--Aldo Leopold
 Post Number: 5
Eric H Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2008, 11:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hello MHH,

How are you?

I was sitting down at the lake (L. Michigan, the big one) this evening. Nice evening light, the eastern horizon going mauve and 3 herons cruised by.

Eric (aka Eric Hansen)
 Post Number: 6
BoomerHiker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2008, 11:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning ladies and gentlemen. :)

--------------
Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains.
 Post Number: 7
Ldyblade Search for posts by this member.
Blade Mistress of the Olympics

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2008, 11:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Okay, so it's not morning, but in light of the whole other thread being gone, I hope you will pardon me.  Trailfest this weekend with Sarbar and company.  Mucho fun, too much sun and lotso gear. Yea!
 Post Number: 8
Lorax Search for posts by this member.
Cultured hillbilly swine

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 5:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning all

I'm off to work. I got handed a ton of new responsibilities at work and it's been really hectic. Just as my 12 hour days were coming to an end, I've been hit with even more hours. This time it's indefinite as to how long this will last.

I just don't know when I'll get out on even the simplest little overnighter.
 Post Number: 9
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 5:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning, folks!

Worked too much this weekend (I cam commiserate a little, Lorax), but after today the week should be more manageable. And more sleep shall be had. Oh yes it will!

In the meantime, I roasted a lot of coffee, so I'm well prepared.

Have a good one!

--------------
Finally, anyone who uses the terms irregardless, whole nother, or all of the sudden shall be sentenced to a work camp. -Stewie Griffin
Quoth the Redhead...
 Post Number: 10
Sandmunky Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 5:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Mornin everybody!

I think that even my body realizes Im on R&R and is making me wake up after only a few hours so that i can enjoy more time. Even after A LOT of drinking Saturday I woke up 4 hours later, and today I woke up at 5am. Guess its not bad though, I caught up on sleep my first day home.

Time to go get more coffee and figure out what all i wanna do today. Any suggestions?

--------------
Easily forgotten, yet hard to forget.
 Post Number: 11
Wild Child Search for posts by this member.
Ontario (Canada)

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 6:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good morning... what happened?
 Post Number: 12
mtngrl Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 6:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good morning.

Yeah, Mata ... we need this.

Lorax, hang in there.
snowwhoe, good, your work is easing up.

Make it a great day!

--------------
”Every tree was dripping and the creeks had swollen. It occurred to me that I had achieved a rare thing: I was living at the center of my heart’s geography. And I knew it.”- Bryce Andrews, Badluck Way
 Post Number: 13
johnhens Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 7:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Mornin M2H, all!
Well welcome to Part 2, It has been Hot and Humid here, but it is supposed to cool off with less humidity tomorrow.
I am looking forward to Fall!!!
 Post Number: 14
Fox Search for posts by this member.
proudly deviating from the norm

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 7:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good Morning,

I was wondering if someone would do this. Glad to see it was you, Mata. Seems only right.

Had a weekend of doing nothing more than playing with kittens (and trying to convince older cats that the babies were not to be eaten). 2 weeks till vacation. Looks like I might make it.

Left the windows open in my car last night and we had some rain pass through so I've got a wet butt this morning.

Have a great one.
 Post Number: 15
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 7:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Fox @ Jul. 21 2008, 7:02 am)
(and trying to convince older cats that the babies were not to be eaten)

Almost drenched the monitor with coffee there! Ha!

--------------
Quoth the Redhead...
 Post Number: 16
SmokingHead Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 7:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good Morning All. Just another beautiful morning in New Jersey. Humidity is about 97% but it's not raining and the suns pushing the temp up into the 90's. :)

--------------
It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness.   Jerry Garcia
 Post Number: 17
lostone Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 8:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good morning and, I guess, Happy Monday.

Another fun work week.........................yuck.

What happened to the original thread?

Hope everyone's week starts off ok...........here's a smile 4 ya:  :)

--------------
It only hurts until the pain goes away
 Post Number: 18
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 8:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(lostone @ Jul. 21 2008, 8:29 am)

DD's astute explanation: hacked!

--------------
Quoth the Redhead...
 Post Number: 19
lostone Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 8:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(snowshoe @ Jul. 21 2008, 7:31 am)

(lostone @ Jul. 21 2008, 8:29 am)

DD's astute explanation: hacked!

Thank you snowshoe.

Let's hope it can be salvaged.

--------------
It only hurts until the pain goes away
 Post Number: 20
Mataharihiker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 8:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good morning!  Glad to see we won't let any hacker ruin our mornings..

Lorax, you work way too hard...did you take that offered position?

Eric, I heard you were doing well...that was good news..

I am still sorta battling here...hard to get used to breathing through a metal tube...

I miss coffee in the morning...and, now that I can't even smell it, well, it's weird!

--------------
Abandon the search for truth; settle for a good fantasy!
 Post Number: 21
LostSheep Search for posts by this member.
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 9:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning folks. Mata it's good to hear from you regularly now. You seem to be in brighter spirits lately - and that's great!

Me, well we don't have a/c in the office this morning and that's not good. Our server room a/c is struggling (we had to bring in a second cooler to see if we can help w/ the temps), we're struggling, and the office maintenance crew hasn't arrived yet.

Today doesn't feel like Monday yet either. The wife and I went kayaking yesterday(her first) and it has sorta thrown off my schedule. I'm sure things will start piling up soon though.

Well good morning everyone!

--------------
Team Red, White & Blue’s vision is to transform the way wounded veterans are reintegrated into society when they return from combat and exit the Armed Services.

IT'S OUR TURN. Ask me how you can help.
 Post Number: 22
TornadoWolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 9:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good morning!   Weather in Green Bay has improved considerably.  I really hated these humid hot days; I'd rather it be freezing.

Sounds like everyone's off to a great start to the work week.  Lorax, did you take that position, or are you just being worked to the bone now?

I'm really happy today.  I got a better job offer than the one I had been looking at, and I'll find out this afternoon how that's going to work out.  Finer details of money and such....should be good.

Also, I threw my best ever round of disc at a local course yesterday.  My previous record was -3, and I shattered it with -10 through 27 holes.  Awesome night!

Happy Monday all :)

--------------
"You cannot run away from a weakness; you must sometime fight it out or perish.  And if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?" - Robert Louis Stevenson
 Post Number: 23
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 10:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good morning. We might get some rain today. I sprained my ankle Saturday morning befoere meeting a sometime forum member for a wildlife hike. She was nice enough to make it a drive. At least she had a black bear outside her cabin at the Climbers Ranch Sunday morning.

When my ankle swelled up like a baseball and turned green and blue I thought my summer was over. Then I got word someone had been killed just a few thousand feet above us there at the Climbers Ranch. And now being reminded of the battles some of you fight sure puts things back in a perspective a little less detached from reality for me. I am hobbling around today much better than yesterday and need to stop whining right herre and now.

Great health and happiness to each and every one of you and a great week for you and yours,

John.

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 24
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 11:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good Morning!  I'm so glad to see this thread.  Never let the jerks get you down.  This lovely monday finds my hometown hectic in the run-up to the annual relay-for-life.  It's a huge deal here.  Sometimes the smoke has been so thick some people can't walk in it due to very real breathing issues, but that was 5 years ago?  Anyway, about that long. This year the sun still casts an orange glow but no ashes are falling and the teams are getting competitive.

I still think my friends daughter is missing.  She's not someone I ever call, but I see her regularly at work, she's secretary at my sons school, and I substitute teach there.  I feel like calling would be intrusive but it's hard not doing anything.  I posted a link in "Need a prayer" thread but since that news turned out positively, some of you may have stopped reading it.

http://www.triplicate.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=9535

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 25
SmokingHead Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 12:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Echo @ Jul. 21 2008, 11:09 am)
I still think my friends daughter is missing.  She's not someone I ever call, but I see her regularly at work, she's secretary at my sons school, and I substitute teach there.  I feel like calling would be intrusive but it's hard not doing anything.  I posted a link in "Need a prayer" thread but since that news turned out positively, some of you may have stopped reading it.

http://www.triplicate.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=9535

Echo......this thread needs a bump. Hope things turn out well.

--------------
It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness.   Jerry Garcia
 Post Number: 26
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 12:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The best of hopes from here as well Echo.

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 27
Dicentra Search for posts by this member.
Bring it.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 12:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning all. I think I need more coffee. Today is going to be an expensive day.

--------------
One Pan Wonders  ~  Back Country Cooking at its Finest
 Post Number: 28
Wild Child Search for posts by this member.
Ontario (Canada)

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 12:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

well that's a pretty mean thing for someone to do to our good morning thread... so may his car breakdown on a deserted motorway at 4 am and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest his armpits!!
 Post Number: 29
sarbar Search for posts by this member.
Hiker Trash

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 1:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Doing my work this morning so I can go hike 4 days this week. Got our annual PCT section hike coming up very soon as well.
Hoping the snow melts faster. Don't want to have to carry crampons for half the trip.

--------------
Trail Cooking, Recipes, Gear and Beyond:
Trail Cooking & Freezer Bag Cooking
 Post Number: 30
Lorax Search for posts by this member.
Cultured hillbilly swine

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 7:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Mataharihiker @ Jul. 21 2008, 8:48 am)
Good morning!  Glad to see we won't let any hacker ruin our mornings..

Lorax, you work way too hard...did you take that offered position?

Eric, I heard you were doing well...that was good news..

I am still sorta battling here...hard to get used to breathing through a metal tube...

I miss coffee in the morning...and, now that I can't even smell it, well, it's weird!

Funny story, Mata, could only happen to your buddy Lorax.....

So, last week, all administrative people are brought in to be told that there will be no raises this year. that was at 8:30 am. At 1:30 pm, just my department is brough in and we are told of the changes to come because the head boss is leaving.
Since we have 3 plants and I supervise the two and another guy supervises the one, they decide we'll split the duties of the main manager, as we've always done in his absence. So I get two plants to supervise, ALL of the paperwork that filters down from the other plant, split up ALL the paperwork generated down at my two and then after being told of all the other duties and responsibilities to come with the job given me....

I'm thanked for stepping up to the plate, despite no raise to take on the huge task of rebuilding an entire department, streamlining operations and carrying the company through an independent engineering audit due in about a month or two.

Yayyyyy me!  

Glad to see you're feeling good enough to post and hang out here a little. That, at least makes my day   :;):
13153 replies since Jul. 20 2008, 8:17 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 43912345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply The "Good Morning" thread: part 2
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions