2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 388 of 439<<384385386387388389390391392>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: The "Good Morning" thread: part 2< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11611
Echo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 16 2012, 10:13 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sunday Night football. :). One of the things that fights the Sunday night blues for me.

Grubbygoose made it home last night. He did get paid ok for his month on the boat. Here the harbor is really torn up and will close for a month. They are trying to make it tsunami proof but one of the specially machined drill bits needs retooled and there are pipes and cranes and concrete chunks everywhere. Anyway they liked his work so he is still with the boat but they will be closer to home through crab season now.

My other babe and his girl will get here Wednesday and the dog and husband and I love having a little kid time.

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 11612
hikingFF77 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 16 2012, 10:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning all.  Had a very "off" night last night, to which I hope I never repeat.  Nothing bad happened or anything, just wasn't in sync with the universe.

But today's a new day and the best day, Friday, so I'm all in!  Bring on the weekend.

Is there anyone planning on getting out this weekend and having an adventure?  Mine will be housework.  ;)

--------------
“I’m just hanging on while this world keeps spinning and it’s good to know it’s out of my control.  If there’s one thing I’ve learned from all this living is that it wouldn’t change a thing if I let go…”
Jimmy Buffett & Martina McGraw
 Post Number: 11613
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 16 2012, 10:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nice, Echo!  I have one kid with a half-day today and all next week off.  Eldest Son has class until noon Wed.

Next year they'll both be in HS and both on the same schedule again!

I had an SOB of a headache yesterday and am just hoping it will stay at bay today.

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 11614
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 17 2012, 11:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Happy Saturday!  Raining here, cosy indoors and I can focus on, well, laundry :p

Head still aches some, so reading a couple hundred pages of School Board policies isn't very appealing.

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 11615

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 17 2012, 3:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It was dry here.  I walked into the grocery store and when I came out 25 minutes later, The water in the parking lot was over my ankle bones and it felt like the ocean had just been dumped upside down on us.

Driving back home, the roads I had just been on were littered with fallen branches and redwood limbs.  Now I have dry clothes on, but hauling in the groceries made me look like I'd fallen in the river fully dressed.  Strange.  Suddenly the novel I am working on really needs a big storm scene.

--------------

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

Post Number: 11616
oldnolder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 17 2012, 4:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Beautiful unseasonally warm day here in western pa. It was sunny with a high of 52 while I was walking with my wife.  That sounds like quite the rain, Echo.
Hope yinz are out having some fun.
 Post Number: 11617
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 17 2012, 7:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ha! Finished my morning project a little bit ago!  Nice new faucet on my kitchen sink.  Installation wasn't so hard, but the old one was fully corroded into place and I ended up doing removal with a hacksaw :p

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 11618
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 17 2012, 7:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One of the tools that I own and that gets loaned out often is a faucet wrench.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 11619
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 17 2012, 9:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Went and bought one just like that.  Unfortunately, since it was a one-hoe installation, the nut was too big for it.  I didn't see any larger ones at the store, though seems like they must make them.  Phoned up a contractor friend to borrow one, but he was out, so resorted to the saw.  I'm not sure I could have done it even with the right tool--it was a mess.

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 11620

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 18 2012, 12:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just hit 30,000 words on the novel, and probably have my son's dog to thank for that.  He likes the alarm getting me up by 5:15 and even with my son home has decided he needs to wake me up at the alarm time every weekend day. Only his timing was off today so it was really 3:44.

Got all the turkey day shopping done, and have enough cash left to take the kids to one movie and but the birthday gift for my husbands 50th.  Then I'm out until payday.  Good thing writing is free.

--------------

Post Number: 11621
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 18 2012, 12:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good thing he's not my dog--he'd be replacing the turkey after waking me at 3:44 a.m.!  

Temporarily not raining here.  I think we'll be taking a friend of my boys' out for practically his first hike.

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 11622

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 18 2012, 1:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good morning well afternoon.
Could you edit the one-hoe installation :D
 Post Number: 11623
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 18 2012, 2:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry, missed that!  It's too late now!

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 11624
City Man Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 19 2012, 10:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good Morning

City Woman along with her brothers and sister are headed to Okalahoma to visit her older sister.  Sister has cancer,  :angry:   , not good at all but I do believe she will be alright in the end.

What’s all this I hear, something about a one-hoe installation? :laugh:

Still smoke free over here. :)

You all have a great day out there :D

--------------
It never hurts to do good – Eek the Cat

The quest for adventure is a never ending pursuit, an all consuming way to live life, it is a deep feeling that will never go away, embrace that feeling and have fun with your adventures.
 Post Number: 11625

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 19 2012, 10:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Smoke free is good

and I am singing to the song from Annie

"The Son will come home tomorrow."

Monday Morning feels pretty good

--------------

Post Number: 11626
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 19 2012, 12:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ah, Monday.  Eldest Son is pretty bummed, as he had to go off to school at the usual ungodly hour, while Second Son sleeps in.  Dad, too, but Dad is always on a later schedule than the kids.

I'm not wholly please, either.  And neither of us takes consolation from the fact that I have to work today and tomorrow, too.

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 11627

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 20 2012, 9:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Tuesday morning, two days to turkey day.  We had dinner sunday at my sons on sunday with both sons, their wives and children including myn grandson and his fiance. Thanksgiving day will just be me, my wife, mother in law, son, and daughter in law.
Have a nice time with the holiday madness. I thought about going backpacking today and tomorrow. It is forcast to be warm.
 Post Number: 11628

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 20 2012, 9:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Brookings and Crescent City are drowning here, the wind has been amazing and there was 5 1/2 inches an hour at the Pilot Weather station in Brookings last night.  School got Cancelled and the power was out repeatedly.  Thanksgiving Break is on, but the college kids start driving home tonight.

--------------

Post Number: 11629
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 20 2012, 10:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Beautiful day here yesterday, and back to rain today.  This evening I bake my pies, tomorrow head to the in-laws.   MiL has sent out a call for help, as her back is giving her holy heck and she doesn't feel up to much.  Could be interesting, cooking T-day dinner in someone else's kitchen with lots of input.

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 11630

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 20 2012, 11:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've done that a lot. Just remember to breathe and smile and be Thankful it only comes once a year.  Then you'll find yourself enjoying it anyway.

--------------

Post Number: 11631
hikingFF77 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 20 2012, 4:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I know it's not morning anymore but this is when I could get here.  The past two mornings there have been early morning building fires, today's fire went to three alarms.  Yesterday I was up at 3 for the call and didn't sleep until 10.  I was wrecked.  This morning the alarm went off at 5 but due to family responsibilities I just couldn't make it.  That's our areas fifth fire in a little more than a week, very weird for around here.

Tomorrow morning should be very interesting.  

Very thankful for everyone coming home safe and sound, after-all this is Turkey week.

Hope everyone has a great holiday.

--------------
“I’m just hanging on while this world keeps spinning and it’s good to know it’s out of my control.  If there’s one thing I’ve learned from all this living is that it wouldn’t change a thing if I let go…”
Jimmy Buffett & Martina McGraw
 Post Number: 11632
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012, 10:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good morning!  Just a bit of packing and organizing, pick up ES from school (early) and try to get the hell out of Dodge before the traffic goes all to blazes.

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 11633

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012, 12:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

BigRed is in Healdsburgh and on his way home. My word count is already done through Friday and the sun is shining on a lot of tree branches down but no real damage.  The grill was moved across the yard by the wind and a window popped out of the garage, but it is lovely now.

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend! It does start today you know

--------------

Post Number: 11634
City Man Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012, 1:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good Morning, 50% chance of rain today, good thing I finished building the shed.  City Woman is on her way back from Oklahoma, they started their trip at 2 this morning.  Looking forward to Turkey Day tomorrow.  Then on Friday I will head on up to Dallas for a going away party for a good friend (and then head back home Saturday), he and his wife will be headed to Dubia in the UAE for the next 3 to five years. I will miss my good friend, though City Woman and I will surly go visit them once or twice for sure. I will also pick up his Gun collection to store for him, well at least I can play with the toys, hope I do not damage them. :)  Sad to say that I turned down the same job, would have loved the adventure but was unwilling to go for that many years without City Woman going with me, sure will miss the money, I mean the adventure :laugh:

Have a great Holiday out there, you all :D

--------------
It never hurts to do good – Eek the Cat

The quest for adventure is a never ending pursuit, an all consuming way to live life, it is a deep feeling that will never go away, embrace that feeling and have fun with your adventures.
 Post Number: 11635

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012, 3:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good afternoon. I had a nice morning here. I practiced tai chi for an hour, visited with my grandson, and went for a 10 mile bike ride.It is really nice here, mid 50's and sunny. We are going to get some rain that will cool things off and then rain and snow showers but T day will still be nice. I hope you folks traveling stay safe and have uneventful journeys. Hope yinz all have a happy Thanksgiving.
 Post Number: 11636

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012, 8:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The kids are all home and the drive up was uneventful. Life is feeling great

--------------

Post Number: 11637
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012, 8:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yup.  We are safely arrived at my in-laws', and I have begun the cooking.  Hardest thing is getting my MiL to go sit down and relax--hope it's force of habit, not distrust of my abilities!  FIL is doing tonight's dinner; I'm just making the broth for the gravy and stuff for tomorrow.  My pies (baked last night) look great, and I will assume they'll taste great.  And I went for a walk in the park just as the sun was setting.  Life ain't half bad, you know?

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 11638
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2012, 11:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Happy Thanksgiving!  May everyone enjoy family, friends, and good food today.  Take a moment to be grateful for what we have, who we have, and where we get to be.  I get to be thankful for some lovely weather, as well, and will be able to do a modest ride this morning before I get to work on the Turkey.

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 11639

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2012, 11:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Happy Thanksgiving. I am debating whether to go for a bike ride, walk, or rest. I have a habit of not taking rest days and then wondering why my legs are so sore. It is a beautiful 55 and sunny day, most likely the last one for a long time as rain and snow are in the forcast. Have a great day.
 Post Number: 11640

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2012, 2:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I got a bike ride in. Just too nice to not. Just a quick 5 miles. That makes 800 for the year.
13146 replies since Jul. 20 2008, 8:17 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 388 of 439<<384385386387388389390391392>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply The "Good Morning" thread: part 2
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions