2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 448<<123456>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: The "Good Morning" thread: part 2< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 31
crazyone Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2008, 9:08 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I just got home from work and wondered if the originial good morn thread was up and running and I can see not. So, since it is evening. I wish you all a good night and mata keep your spirit up and lorax don't let the extra work bogg you down. I guess I better close for the night since some tstorms are rolling through here in Wv
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 32
Fox Search for posts by this member.
proudly deviating from the norm

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 6:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

morning,

went down for coffee this morning when I woke up and the girls (kittens) were pounding the hell out of each other. romping back and forth through the house. I think they scared the dog...he was in a big hurry to get away from them. they may have acclimated.

have a good day
 Post Number: 33
snowshoe Search for posts by this member.
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 7:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning!

Hiked ~4-5 miles last night wearing my pack loaded with medical texts layered between fleeces & hoodies to distribute the weight. It's at 35 lbs or so. Part of the hike was on a main road, but then we turned off on to this lovely dirt road that dips down to the creek & then rises back up. Super steep. So we came up the second rise in the hill, turned around & headed back to do the hill again. It's not really long, but it was a great workout, especially with the pack on. Thought I would be sore today, but I feel really good. :)

My keyboard has a poltergeist! All of a sudden it started typing random characters, regardless of what I typed! Weird. My typing is bad enough without the help of mischievous hardware sprites! Luckily, I have a spare keyboard.

Have a good day...may your coffee (or tea) be hot & strong & tasty!

--------------
Finally, anyone who uses the terms irregardless, whole nother, or all of the sudden shall be sentenced to a work camp. -Stewie Griffin
Quoth the Redhead...
 Post Number: 34
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 7:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Fox @ Jul. 22 2008, 6:59 am)
morning,

went down for coffee this morning when I woke up and the girls (kittens) were pounding the hell out of each other. romping back and forth through the house. I think they scared the dog...he was in a big hurry to get away from them. they may have acclimated.

have a good day

I foresee hilarious cat videos in your near future (& ours, if you care to share them). :)

--------------
Finally, anyone who uses the terms irregardless, whole nother, or all of the sudden shall be sentenced to a work camp. -Stewie Griffin
Quoth the Redhead...
 Post Number: 35

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 7:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(snowshoe @ Jul. 22 2008, 7:11 am)
I foresee hilarious cat videos in your near future (& ours, if you care to share them). :)

oh definitely. I'll probably start keeping a camera downstairs.

and I wasn't kidding about having to convince the boys not to eat them. I swear Z thinks they're chipmunks.

Attached Image
Attached Image
 Post Number: 36
mtngrl Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 7:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good Morning.

Yes, Fox, it is only right that Mata started this new Good Morning Thread. Yeah, Mata

Deborah, Can't wait to see your weaving

Lorax, hang in there

Echo, I think you should give your friend just a quick call and tell her you are thinking of her.  I think she'd appreciate it.

I have relatives arriving today.  I think there will be some late nights.  Hmmm, my usual bedtime is about 7:30!!!   We'll see.

--------------
”Every tree was dripping and the creeks had swollen. It occurred to me that I had achieved a rare thing: I was living at the center of my heart’s geography. And I knew it.”- Bryce Andrews, Badluck Way
 Post Number: 37
LostSheep Search for posts by this member.
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 8:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning folks.

Fox, as much as I dislike kittens, yours seem to be ok. Well at least fun to see and hear your stories about them. Now, if they wouldn't get all over my counters in the kitchen, I'd be ok.

Well nothing new is going on here. Everything seems to be just as normal. My wife is a little frustrated though. She's been finishing up her thesis defense (masters degree) while she waits for two of her professors to come back from out of country. She's done, but she has to sit around and wait for them before she can do her presentation and get her paperwork. How crappy is that. Her immediate professor can't do anything, the school can't do anything, and all she can do is keep going over her work. She's (and I) ready to be done!

Oh well...soon.

Well, I'm about to go enjoy some oatmeal, my coffee, and two oranges. You all have a good one!

--------------
Team Red, White & Blue’s vision is to transform the way wounded veterans are reintegrated into society when they return from combat and exit the Armed Services.

IT'S OUR TURN. Ask me how you can help.
 Post Number: 38
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 8:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

PS

On our walk we saw a baby bobcat that had just been hit by a car! :( It was dead, but still so cute & fuzzy & spotted. Felt so bad...and wary of mama being around...

Lost, hope your wife can get that wrapped up. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be!

mtngrl, hope you have a good time with your company!

--------------
Quoth the Redhead...
 Post Number: 39
Wild Child Search for posts by this member.
Ontario (Canada)

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 8:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good morning everyone! This is Day 1 of the stay-cation. Woo hoo. I'm just enjoying a morning java with Bryan and then we are off to go shopping. Today I have to make a menu for an upcoming 3 night trip and create the new recipes to dehydrate for the trip.  

Have a great day everyone.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 40
RumiDude Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 9:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Down in Portland for a week of training.  It is overcast now.  SSS, a biye yo eat, and then off to training class.

Rumi

--------------
“This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all.”
 Post Number: 41
preacher Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 9:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning, sugars.  Busy day - I'm finally home from yet another week of camp, and getting ready to leave this Fri for another week!  This time, taking 10 senior high kids in the Smokies for a week of hiking.  Now that's camp!

--------------
jenningsroad.org
 Post Number: 42
BoomerHiker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 9:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning. Is it only Tuesday? Dang.

--------------
Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains.
 Post Number: 43
JD_TREX Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 9:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I read the post about the site being hacked. Yeah it's possible and all, but an ethical hacker would not have done that! That was criminal and I would expect if the kid’s mom finds out, he would loose his Xbox privileges for a week.

A "real" hacker with "skills" could have shown the forum owners the security flaw without being malicious. That’s the difference between being professional and a punk
What a looser.

Anyway Good Morning part 2 :)

--------------
HYOH  EYOF
 Post Number: 44
Unregistered

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 9:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

'Morn'n....................

I know it might seem kind of silly but my little buddy parakeet died last night and I shed a few tears.  We went through a lot of life changes together.  I’m going to miss him.

Post Number: 45

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 9:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(rabbitrack @ Jul. 22 2008, 9:28 am)

I know it might seem kind of silly but my little buddy parakeet died last night and I shed a few tears.  We went through a lot of life changes together.  I’m going to miss him.

:(

Not silly at all.  Glad you shared him with us.

--------------
jenningsroad.org
 Post Number: 46
MsDoolittle Search for posts by this member.
Don't mess with a girl and her shovel

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 9:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(rabbitrack @ Jul. 22 2008, 7:28 am)

Sorry Rabbitrack. :(

It sucks losing a pet.
 Post Number: 47
spindle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 10:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(rabbitrack @ Jul. 22 2008, 9:28 am)

Sorry. :(
 Post Number: 48
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 10:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rabbitrack,  Good Morning.  I'm a bird lover myself and at one time had two cockatiels, a maroon bellied conure, an eleanora cockatoo, a double yellow headed amazon, a green-wing macaw, two lorikeets, two blue and gold macaws, and a partridge in a pear tree  - no scratch the last, it was a redwood.

Anyway, the point is - every one of them had a unique personality and some were cuddly, some were playful, some chattered, some were silent but watchful and clever.  They all screamed if I wanted to sleep in and all made a mess.  I only have two now - having sold some and yet for the one who died ( a raccoon got in with my cats and killed Becky) a blue and gold - I was in major mourning.  It's never silly to love anything.

To everyone else.  Good morning.  Thank's for getting on my son's thread and talking to him about life jackets.  He's so proud that he got a response.

As for Michelle.  Today she's been missing a week.  I should call her mom.

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 49
spindle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 10:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hackers are inconsequential people with tiny intellects and inferiority complexes.   Ones who would hack a backpacking forum are especially lame.

Good morning.

Today is starting off rough. Poor Baby-O has a gut bug. No need to discuss the details, ew.

That will be it for today. :(
 Post Number: 50
Deborah Search for posts by this member.
Deborah - 18 Months

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 10:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good morning all.

I agree with the "hacker" comments.  The person who was here does not deserve that "title".

Snowshoe... good going on the walk with a loaded pack.  :)

mtngrl -- enjoy your company.  

Fox, I'm looking forward to kitten videos.

rabbitrack -- sorry about your bird.  pets are great company and we become very attached to them.   no shame in shedding a tear when one dies.

Spindle.. I hope baby-O is better soon.

--------------
“What we need is production by the masses, not mass-production”  Gandhi

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn”  David Russell
 Post Number: 51
lostone Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2008, 1:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good morning folks, sorry I'm late.

We've hit the 100's around here and are expected to stay that way for a while. Had some tower work to do this morning and got it done before the real heat set in.

Hope everyone's day goes well and hang in there y'all.

--------------
It only hurts until the pain goes away
 Post Number: 52

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2008, 7:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good Morning,

Today is my youngest brother's 50th birthday...... he's old. :p

Kittens found my bedroom last night. I expected havoc. They curled up and slept on my bed.

Have a good one.
 Post Number: 53
Wild Child Search for posts by this member.
Ontario (Canada)

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2008, 7:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Happy birthday Fox's baby brother.

Have a great day.
 Post Number: 54
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2008, 7:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning! Job of insanity was sent out yesterday, so I'm making sure today is more relaxed. Enjoying some coffee, gonna do some writing.

Bad news in that my August trip is a bust...not enough participation, so i gotta plan something else that week. A few solo days maybe?

Have a joyous Wednesday! OK, have a tolerable one at least.

--------------
Quoth the Redhead...
 Post Number: 55

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2008, 7:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning.  Off to celebrate the Blonde Tornado's 14th birthday today.  :cool:

--------------
jenningsroad.org
 Post Number: 56
Squaretop Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2008, 7:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Mornin' Backpackers.  Coffee in hand.  Time for a six mile run before work.  Have a great day!

--------------
You can't buy time or memories.
"How'd I get involved".
 Post Number: 57
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2008, 8:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning ya'll, stormy here, getting some outer rain bands from Dolly, they say we could get about 5" of rain today, we need it.

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 58
Unregistered

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2008, 8:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, Chuck, I was wondering how you Texas folks were making out with Dolly while listening to the news on the way to the office.

Nuther hot day in Denver.... Maybe Dolly will push far enough north to drop a little rain our direction.

Ya'll have a good one.

Post Number: 59
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2008, 9:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(preacher @ Jul. 23 2008, 6:34 am)
Morning.  Off to celebrate the Blonde Tornado's 14th birthday today.  :cool:

Speaking of Blond Tornado, where's he been lately?

--------------
Team Red, White & Blue’s vision is to transform the way wounded veterans are reintegrated into society when they return from combat and exit the Armed Services.

Post Number: 60
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2008, 9:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh yea, good morning everyone.

So far, so good I guess.

It's hump day, I have coffee, a few deadlines and a little more relaxed pace at work right now. Really can't complain.

--------------

13425 replies since Jul. 20 2008, 8:17 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 448<<123456>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply The "Good Morning" thread: part 2
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions