2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 3 of 439<<1234567>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: The "Good Morning" thread: part 2< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 61
preacher Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2008, 9:08 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(LostSheep @ Jul. 23 2008, 9:02 am)

(preacher @ Jul. 23 2008, 6:34 am)
Morning.  Off to celebrate the Blonde Tornado's 14th birthday today.  :cool:

Speaking of Blond Tornado, where's he been lately?

Here's his typical day lately:

8am - cross country practice until 11

1pm-9pm - choreography camp for swing chior

and then, depending on the time set, band practice

:O

--------------
jenningsroad.org
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 62
lostone Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2008, 9:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Happy Birthday BT and Fox's younger bro!

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

Stay cool.

--------------
It only hurts until the pain goes away
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 63
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2008, 9:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Happy bithdays! A trip cancelled is a new opportunity. Sing some Monty Python.

Sorry for your loss Rabittrack. Remember your bird but also look at it as another bird gets a good home.

I guess my ankle will take a couple of weeks to heal up to where I can put a pack on. I'm pushing my chance of a Thorofare trip back to later August. Bugs are the worst in years anyways. If I'm up to it I'm gonna take a warmup trip up Twilight Creek, maybe over Pierpont and Cougar passes 3rd week of August. If anyone comes and carries my beer they can have a couple.

We got rain again last night. The California smoke hasn't been so bad. I am a very lucky man.

Have a wonderful humpday folks,

John

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 64
spindle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2008, 9:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning.  Rain, rain, and more rain today.

Baby-O is all better.  Thank goodness.

Maybe I'll pack for a weekend overnighter.  :)

Happy Birthday Blonde Tornado!
 Post Number: 65
Ldyblade Search for posts by this member.
Blade Mistress of the Olympics

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2008, 9:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Happy birthday to Blond Tornado! Wow, 14, eh? Only a year and a half till he's driving.

Glad to hear Baby-O gookiness didn't last too long, Spin.  Icky.

Sorry for the loss of your birdie pal, rabbitrack.

Fox, glad your kitties are making themselves right at home.

Off for a walk.  I think I'll go visit the ONP before I head to work and see if our huckleberries are ripe yet.  Have a good morning, all....
 Post Number: 66
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2008, 10:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ldyblade @ Jul. 23 2008, 6:50 am)
Happy birthday to Blond Tornado! Wow, 14, eh? Only a year and a half till he's driving.

Happy Birthday to Blond Tornado from here too!
- but did you have to mention the driving thing?  Grubbygoose can get his permit on Sept. 29 and his little brother one year and 18 days after that.  Be still my heart.

Good Morning everyone.  Yawn.  Blue Sky  - as in no smoke.

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 67
Deborah Search for posts by this member.
Deborah - 18 months

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2008, 10:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good morning all.  Another 90+ degree for the Denver metro.  I hear we are on our way to breaking a record for a streak of 90+ degree days.  But, it's a dry heat.  LOL!  Tell that to the plants that are dying of thirst.

Happy B'day BT!  

Good for baby-O...

Fox, we are patiently waiting for the first kitty video.   :;):

Could I share some stress today?  Yikes we are getting close to cutting over to the new TFT site and things are getting wild around here.

Have a good one all!

--------------
“What we need is production by the masses, not mass-production”  Gandhi

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn”  David Russell
 Post Number: 68
Fox Search for posts by this member.
proudly deviating from the norm

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2008, 7:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

morning,

rain's coming down hard here. rotten kittens still not cooperating with attempted video. it's only thursday. < sigh >

coffee me

have a good one
 Post Number: 69
snowshoe Search for posts by this member.
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2008, 7:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning....

It's a deluge here, too. Been pouring off & on (more on than off) since Tuesday night. Flooding & such all over...5 inches some places?!?! Parts of the interstate are closed. Still, pales in comparison to what they got down south what with Dolly & all.

Don't have to go anywhere until tonight, so I'm glad about that.

Sleepy. Coffee, anyone?

--------------
Finally, anyone who uses the terms irregardless, whole nother, or all of the sudden shall be sentenced to a work camp. -Stewie Griffin
Quoth the Redhead...
 Post Number: 70
patagoniadave Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2008, 7:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is my tired face (omage to Fox in the x-files movie) Did anyone else catch a piece of that lightning storm last night?! I can usually sleep through anything, but I felt like I was in some futuristic galactic battle. Throw in a wife and wolf that are terrified of lightning, and you get a very sleepless night at our house.

--------------
'Cause when a man's gonna eat fried chicken he's a-gonna get a-greasy.
 Post Number: 71
Teebug Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2008, 8:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning all.

Coffee....coffee....where's the coffee?   Gonna be one of those days...when you wake up more tired than before you went to bed you just know it's gonna be a tough one!  This nice hot cup of English Toffee cappuccino should help.

Just 2 more days and I'm headed for GSMNP...I need to get my butt in gear and get stuff packed!

Had some storms here the past couple of days, but last evening was simply gorgeous.  Supposed to be pretty nice again today, before the humidity cranks back up in full swing again tomorrow.

Have a great one :)
 Post Number: 72

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2008, 8:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yup - it's morning. :(

Send some of that rain this way please - it's only supposed to get to 99 degrees today (nice cool down huh?) and we need rain. Heat advisories through the weekend.

Time for more coffee - have a good day y'all.

--------------
 Post Number: 73
LostSheep Search for posts by this member.
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2008, 8:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We've been having afternoon rain showers for the last week. The bad thing is that they are more full of thunder and lightning than rain. We really need the rain.

The fact that it's pushing 100 means we could really use the rain.

On another note, today is sort of a sad day for me. Today would have been my grandfather's 84th birthday. He passed away 10 months ago and this will be our first birthday without him. :( To this day I still think of him and miss him too.

Well I have my coffee and I'm going to go on through my day...

--------------
Team Red, White & Blue’s vision is to transform the way wounded veterans are reintegrated into society when they return from combat and exit the Armed Services.

IT'S OUR TURN. Ask me how you can help.
 Post Number: 74
Sandmunky Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2008, 8:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning everyone!
Sitting around watching the bugs, birds and aminals hopping around the yard trying to figure out what Im gonna do today. I think I might drive to Savannah or go Skydiving... or maybe both.

--------------
Easily forgotten, yet hard to forget.
 Post Number: 75
tomas Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2008, 9:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good morning folks! Late night so the coffee maker and I have decided to spend quality time together.

--------------
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
 Post Number: 76

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2008, 9:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm sipping this "delicious peace" coffee that Thanksgiving Coffee company markets online for a cooperative of neighbors in Uganda.  One man decided to look around at his fighting neighbors and see what the had in common that they could create peace from - so now they farm coffee together just 4 years later - even though they are Christians and Muslims and Jewish people.  I always feel more peaceful after a cup.

Quick update on my friends daughter, still missing, last seen 9 days ago - now the cops have a suspect with upholstery cut out of his truck, still has traces of blood, and his computer history shows searches for how to dispose of a body.  "Not looking good" was last Tuesday - now it's so much beyond that.

--------------

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

Post Number: 77
Mataharihiker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2008, 10:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looks like we'll be joining the "wet" group here...gray and cloudy out there...looks like rain...

Have a good day...I miss coffee...the smell, the taste...sniff.... :(

--------------
Abandon the search for truth; settle for a good fantasy!
 Post Number: 78
FeatherOfHope Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2008, 10:16 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So I get this strange visitor to my house yesterday, they were inquiring if a certain  person lives here. I told him no. He told me he was from the court to deliver papers, never offered ID. Then implied I had not lived here long. I told him I have been here 4 yrs then he gestured to the unkept yard and the Christmas tree in my bay window and made another remark. So I did what any sane person would do I called the sherifs dept. As soon as the heard the name this guy put out there they sent a sheriffs car, seems I am not the only person he has done this to. Then I got up at 6 this morning and cut back some sapling trees and mowed my yard finished that at 8 am went inside and plugged in the Christmas tree. Just you let him come back and try to deliver papers to some person that doesn't live here. Hrmph! I was supposed to go on a day hike today but couldn't sleep after the creepy man came to my door.

--------------
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou, writer

In revenge and in love woman is more barbaric than man is.
FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE, Beyond Good and Evil

"Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
—Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Number: 79
MsDoolittle Search for posts by this member.
Don't mess with a girl and her shovel

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2008, 10:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning folks.

Got just a little rain yesterday evening. Enough to cool things down, turn off the AC and open the windows. :)

Hoping for the best, Echo. But, ugh.... :(

Mata, I have a friend who doesn't have a sense of smell anymore. She says everything "smells like fresh baked apple pie". :)
 Post Number: 80
Deborah Search for posts by this member.
Deborah - 18 months

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2008, 11:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good morning all.

Echo... sorry to hear that update.. not promising.

FeatherOfHope, that sounds very creepy.  You did the right thing.

Another busy one in store for me.  We get to meet lizsbaby tonight.  :D

--------------
“What we need is production by the masses, not mass-production”  Gandhi

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn”  David Russell
 Post Number: 81
Ldyblade Search for posts by this member.
Blade Mistress of the Olympics

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2008, 6:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning, all.  Another Friday is here.  :D A little sooner then I had planned, due to a bout of insomnia that had me wide away 2 hours after going to sleep.  I guess sometimes all you need is a nap, but this is either going to be an extremely fabulous day or it's gonna suck and blow with me crashing like a 750 Ducati highsiding down the straightaway around 4pm. I'm gonna shoot for fabulous and prepare for the blow.  Coffee and a can of emergency ROCKSTAR kept at hand.  Yup. Gotta be prepared.  Hope ya'll have a good one.  Get yer coffee on and get ready for the weekend....
 Post Number: 82
snowshoe Search for posts by this member.
word girl & sno-ho

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2008, 6:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning!

Ldyblade...that crash image...WOW! :) Hope your day is fab.

Woot! Friday at last. Of course, I realized that I'll have to work tomorrow for a while because a friend is swinging by on her way through town on Monday & I have deadlines that still need to be met...but there should be SOME R&R this weekend. I'm still recovering from last weekend, so this is MUCH needed!

Have q great day, you crazy chickens!

--------------
Finally, anyone who uses the terms irregardless, whole nother, or all of the sudden shall be sentenced to a work camp. -Stewie Griffin
Quoth the Redhead...
 Post Number: 83
TornadoWolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2008, 6:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

g'morning.  Goin' fishin' :)

--------------
"You cannot run away from a weakness; you must sometime fight it out or perish.  And if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?" - Robert Louis Stevenson
 Post Number: 84
Fox Search for posts by this member.
proudly deviating from the norm

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2008, 6:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good Morning,

Gorgeous day here! Finally broke through the rain and got a cool evening. Great sleeping weather. Hope this last a little while.

Going to spend the weekend prepping for vacation... I have a list. Kayaking is on the horizon.  :D

Have a great day.
 Post Number: 85
LostSheep Search for posts by this member.
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2008, 7:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning.

Thanks for the image ldyblade. Now I'll be thinking of a "crash and burn" today. Sadly, it'll probably be me. I was up late and then couldn't sleep and up early. Wonderful *sarcasm*

Well, I got some news at work. It appears our office is looking to send some people (specifically EIT's) to the field. Except this field will be for about 4-5months working on disaster relief projects. That's about all we know for now. We've been told that it is a huge pay increase, reimbursements of course, and an excellent experience. My name came up and they sent me the preliminary papers yesterday. Should be for an interesting day... :)

Well, good morning folks. I'm working on paperwork now...and when I get back from the Dr. I'll be allowed my cup of coffee.

--------------
Team Red, White & Blue’s vision is to transform the way wounded veterans are reintegrated into society when they return from combat and exit the Armed Services.

IT'S OUR TURN. Ask me how you can help.
 Post Number: 86
Teebug Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2008, 8:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Morning all.

Rude awakening by the telephone at 4:50 this morning....WRONG NUMBER!!!  ugh!

Tried to give blood yesterday for a dear friend recently diagnosed with leukemia.  Had the misfortune of getting someone inexperienced trying to stick me.  Needless to say, he couldn't get it right, even with 3 others trying to help.  It clotted off so I was unable to give, and now I have one extremely sore arm :(  In all the times I've given blood, I've never had an experience like this one.

Going to the Smokies tomorrow...yaaaay!

Have a great one :)
 Post Number: 87
Wild Child Search for posts by this member.
Ontario (Canada)

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2008, 9:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

good morning all... we went to the local zoo yesterday and then to my inlaws for dinner.

I have no idea what's on the agenda for today... I know I slept in until 8:45 and I need some coffee before I think.

I understand the insomnia ldyblade - some nights are awful

have a great friday
 Post Number: 88
mtngrl Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2008, 9:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Happy Friday!!

OK, that's enough!!

--------------
”Every tree was dripping and the creeks had swollen. It occurred to me that I had achieved a rare thing: I was living at the center of my heart’s geography. And I knew it.”- Bryce Andrews, Badluck Way
 Post Number: 89

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2008, 9:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday!  :)

Y'all be good today.

--------------
 Post Number: 90

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2008, 10:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Relay for life starts this evening.  Our family always has had fun with this - well not always but this is the 9th year.  One of the times when staying up all night makes you feel like you can be proud of yourself.  So have a great weekend.  Ours will be emotional, and surrounded by friends.

--------------

13153 replies since Jul. 20 2008, 8:17 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 3 of 439<<1234567>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply The "Good Morning" thread: part 2
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions