2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Still Talkin' Proud< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
nogods Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2011, 9:41 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Perhaps you remember the Buffalo "Talkin' Proud" campaign (a blackeye for Buffalo because it should have been "Talkin' Proudly...")

Well...whatever...last year about this time I was reporting on my second daughter's early admission success to several top 10 law schools.

She wanted Yale, just like every other law school applicant, but settled for Penn when Yale rejected her.

She is home this summer working for the US Attorney's office after a very successful 1L year - top 10 percent of her class - and more importantly was notified today that she was selected for Penn Law Review.

I bought her a new laptop to celebrate.  

On another front, my son has been having the best summer I can imagine for a college student in his situation.  

He goes to school in the Adirondacks and rents a house on a pond next to a state park.  He got a job life guarding in that state park.  Walks to work and spends the day getting paid to be outside in some of the most scenic country in New York State.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2011, 10:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Congrats

The only thing that I can be proud of is that my dog doesnt drag his butt across the carpet anymo..........oh dammit!!!!

Bad dog! Bad!

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2013, 6:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I just got back from graduation - she graduated magna cum laude.  She said the last 3 years went faster than she ever expected.  I was thinking the same thing - except for me it was the last 27.
 Post Number: 4
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2013, 7:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Jul. 23 2011, 7:41 pm)
On another front, my son has been having the best summer I can imagine for a college student in his situation.  

He goes to school in the Adirondacks and rents a house on a pond next to a state park.  He got a job life guarding in that state park.  Walks to work and spends the day getting paid to be outside in some of the most scenic country in New York State.

You mean scenery like this?

Yeah, that's a nice gig...
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2013, 8:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah. but that gig ended a year ago - he is now in the swamps of SC working for a surveyor.  Although not far from Hilton Head.
 Post Number: 6
TravisNWood Search for posts by this member.
W Y O M I N G

PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2013, 8:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sounds like your daughter worked hard. Good luck to her. She must really want to be a lawyer.

Suppose she gets her smarts from her mother's side of the family? ???

Just kidding. I tried to stop myself.

--------------
Location — Wyoming
Webpages — Cloud Peak Wilderness MapsRocky Mountain Wildlife
Photos — Bighorn Mountains — Wyoming Steppes
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 19 2013, 7:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My second daughter found out yesterday that she passed the PA bar on her first try.

2013 has been pretty exiting. My youngest daughter graduated from college, my second daughter graduated from law school, and in September the youngest daughter got married.
 Post Number: 8
brownmouse Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 19 2013, 9:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow, NG! Awesome things going on in your family. Congrats. You are proud.... for good reason!

--------------
"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees."   John Muir   1898
 Post Number: 9
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 19 2013, 9:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Oct. 19 2013, 7:10 am)
My second daughter found out yesterday that she passed the PA bar on her first try.

2013 has been pretty exiting. My youngest daughter graduated from college, my second daughter graduated from law school, and in September the youngest daughter got married.

You must have married way above your level.

:D

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 10
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 19 2013, 11:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Congratulations!
 Post Number: 11
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 20 2013, 12:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow!  If that doesn't kill you, you are one tough dude!

Way to go.

Amazing what those daughters can do, idn't it??  Remember when they were driving you to distraction with nightmares, boyfriends and drinking at the Senior party???

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
10 replies since Jul. 23 2011, 9:41 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Still Talkin' Proud
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions