2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

new topic new poll
Topic: Missing Colorado Girl< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Echo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 10 2012, 10:27 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

Back on October 5th there was an amber alert on facebook about a young girl from Colorado who was missing after she was supposed to walk home.  Then on Oct 8th I thought I saw the same picture on an amber alert again, but soon realized it was a new one from my hometown of Cody, WY.  In  both, young girls, one 10 and one 11 went missing.  The Cody girl was taken from the front of the library after a man asked her and  friends to help him find a young black lab puppy.  She got close enough he waved a gun and talked her into the vehicle an left the friends.  She was discovered later that day walking down a mountain road outside Cody, The police report circulated said she had been sexually assaulted and released.  I do not know if there is any connection but I wondered at the time and now this article says they are still looking for the Colorado girl and mentions that the cody suspect has not been found yet.  It asks people to spread the story, so here I am

telling you to be on the lookout

http://news.yahoo.com/authori....84.html

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Woodswoman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 7:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

The missing Colorado girl has been forefront in the news. She still has not been found. A body was found about 4 miles from her school, but authorities said it isn't her and is not related to her disappearance.

As time goes on, it isn't looking good for finding this little girl alive. I cannot imagine the terror she felt or feels, and the grief her family is experiencing of not knowing where little Jessica is.

--------------
All this time I was finding myself, and I didn't know I was lost. ~Avicii
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 7:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

They haven't discovered the man who abducted the Cody girl at gunpoint and raped her either but because of the gun are advising caution if a middle aged man with reddish blond hair and a white SUV is seen

--------------

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 7:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

A link to a story that she bloodied her abductors nose is in the Cody enterprise site and is chilling. She was dumped in 30 degree weather on a muddy mountain road, in thin clothing, 4 miles from any home. She was in grizzly territory and she said the vehicle only had the two fron seats but lots of pictures of naked little girls.

--------------

Post Number: 5
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 11 2012, 8:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

Y'all have some crazy stuff that goes on out there. I need to teach you guys about southern justice.

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 6
bad knees Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 7:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

The police found a car here in Portsmouth NH with colorado plates and they say it is connected to the missing girl.  Not sure how.

--------------
Nature bats last!

Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 9:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

Nope, not according to this link http://www.boston.com/news....ry.html

"CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — New Hampshire police say a car impounded in Portsmouth on Thursday morning has no link to the disappearance of a 10-year-old Colorado girl one week ago.

The Buick station wagon bearing Colorado license plates was towed from behind a Portsmouth shopping plaza.

The car was one of hundreds of leads being pursued in the search for Jessica Ridgeway, of Westminster, Colo., who was last seen by her mother walking to school Oct. 5.

Portsmouth police said the car matches the description of the one a resident of Dexter, Maine, spotted, carrying a passenger who resembles Jessica.

‘‘At this time we are confident that the vehicle and the child that was the source of the tip have nothing to do with the Colorado case,’’ Portsmouth Deputy Police Chief Corey MacDonald said."

but wish they did have a concrete link

here is the link to the Cody Story

http://www.codyenterprise.com/article....f4.html

and photos of the car from that case
http://www.codyenterprise.com/news....f4.html

--------------

Post Number: 8
scroat Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 9:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(eyebp @ Oct. 11 2012, 8:03 pm)
Y'all have some crazy stuff that goes on out there. I need to teach you guys about southern justice.

Yeah, let the Klan handle it, eh Cooter?
 Post Number: 9
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 11:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

Acreage and a shovel.  Some things require no court.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 10
ndwoods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 12:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

Like!

--------------
http://ndeewoods.com/
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 11
hiking_tiger Search for posts by this member.
sekk, plyndre, og deretter brenne

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 1:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(TDale @ Oct. 12 2012, 10:04 am)

A little lime doesn't hurt either.

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
 Post Number: 12
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 5:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(scroat @ Oct. 12 2012, 9:29 am)

Yeah, let the Klan handle it, eh Cooter?

Check your facts, troll. The KKK in the south has been dead for years. The Midwest is the KKK country club now.  :)

--------------
 Post Number: 13
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 5:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(TDale @ Oct. 12 2012, 11:04 am)

:D The best part is that I bet people think we are kidding when we say stuff like that.

--------------
 Post Number: 14
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 6:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

Seems they have now identified the dismembered remains as the missing 10 yr old girl.  Now, they are looking for the perp.  

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-50....ntified

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 15
Woodswoman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 7:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

I heard it on the news a bit earlier. Such a sad ending. May little Jessica rest in peace.

I hope they catch the monster who did this, and show no mercy.

--------------
All this time I was finding myself, and I didn't know I was lost. ~Avicii
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 7:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

Tragic

--------------

Post Number: 17
City Man Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 12 2012, 9:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

:(  :angry:

--------------
It never hurts to do good – Eek the Cat

The quest for adventure is a never ending pursuit, an all consuming way to live life, it is a deep feeling that will never go away, embrace that feeling and have fun with your adventures.
 Post Number: 18
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 13 2012, 6:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

Putting aside the particulars of these incidents for a moment, it is difficult to imagine how insane one must have to be to engage in such behavior.  Try to imagine yourself hurting a child in anyway for no reason other than your own pleasure.  Seems impossible to me.  But yet, there are people who can cross that line and not only hurt but torture a child as well.

The brain of such a person must be deformed or defective in some way.  And if we ever discover exactly what defect or deformity exists in such people, would we take proactive steps if the defect or deformity could not be removed?
 Post Number: 19
no_granola Search for posts by this member.
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 13 2012, 7:16 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

A sad ending to a sad story :(

--------------
I never imagined that being obnoxious would get me where I am today.
 Post Number: 20
justwalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 14 2012, 12:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(nogods @ Oct. 13 2012, 6:09 am)
The brain of such a person must be deformed or defective in some way.  And if we ever discover exactly what defect or deformity exists in such people, would we take proactive steps if the defect or deformity could not be removed?

It's quite possible that the perp has a perfectly normal brain, indestinguishable from other perfectly normal brains.  His soul, on the other hand, surely is inhabited by darkness and evil.

--------------
If a day in the mountains is better than a week at work, why aren't I working in the mountains?
 Post Number: 21
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 14 2012, 10:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(ol-zeke @ Oct. 12 2012, 5:53 pm)
Seems they have now identified the dismembered remains as the missing 10 yr old girl.  Now, they are looking for the perp.  

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-50....ntified

I would wager that the local carnivores had something to do with the state of the body.

--------------
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 14 2012, 4:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

Wyoming Highway Patrol facebook announcement

Cody Police Department has announced that the suspect and vehicle (white Toyota 4Runner) involved in the Child Abduction case in Cody has been captured! Thank you for all of your assistance and information!

and from Cody Enterprise
The man wanted in the abduction of an 11-year-old Cody girl Oct. 8 from the rec center parking lot was apprehended Saturday in the Bozeman, Mont., area.
Sources, who didn't want to be identified, said Sunday the man has been arrested and is being interviewed Sunday by authorities.

Members of the Cody Police Department are in Bozeman. Police also recovered the white SUV driven by the suspect, sources said.

--------------

Post Number: 23
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 14 2012, 5:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(justwalkin @ Oct. 14 2012, 12:15 am)

It's quite possible that the perp has a perfectly normal brain, indestinguishable from other perfectly normal brains.  His soul, on the other hand, surely is inhabited by darkness and evil.

If you have evidence of the existence of a soul submit it to the James Randi Educational Foundation and collect the million dollar prize.
 Post Number: 24
justwalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 14 2012, 8:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   

(nogods @ Oct. 14 2012, 5:45 pm)

(justwalkin @ Oct. 14 2012, 12:15 am)

If you have evidence of the existence of a soul submit it to the James Randi Educational Foundation and collect the million dollar prize.

If you actually believe that you can examine the human brain and determine a criminal/diabolical component, then consider yourself right up to speed with the the most advanced scientific methods of the 1920's and 1930's.  They tried; they failed.  You still fail.

--------------
If a day in the mountains is better than a week at work, why aren't I working in the mountains?
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 14 2012, 9:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   

Sorry, not the best place for a religion argument or insults.  Sorry to the families of both young girls. Closing this topic.

--------------

24 replies since Oct. 10 2012, 10:27 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Missing Colorado Girl
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions