2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 41234>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Do something today to make this world a better, place and brag about it here.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 21 2012, 10:31 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I started a thread about making this world a better place.

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
SnidelyWhiplash Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 21 2012, 10:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good work eye.  I'll start tomorrow
 Post Number: 3
Tigger Search for posts by this member.
Woods Pouncer

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 21 2012, 10:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm donating my time to raise money for all the non-profits in my community this season, as we speak. I'm currently making arrangements for a road trip down to San Francisco to pick up Christmas decor to help decorate our city and in trade, merchants will donate funds which will go into a pot that will be given away to non-profits in need. I will be heading up the decorations for "a special street" and for the city's big tree.

I'm also starting work on a special project for Brayden and his family.

--------------
If I'm going to be lost, in the woods is where I want to be...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 21 2012, 10:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Tigger, you are always making the world a better place.

I did very little of value to anyone today.

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 5
Lorax Search for posts by this member.
Cultured hillbilly swine

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 8:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I did some stuff.
 Post Number: 6
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 8:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm concerned about eyebp's drinking problem, to help him out I plan to drink all the beer at HOTB.

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 7
Deborah Search for posts by this member.
Deborah - 18 Months

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 8:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I made the world a better place yesterday.  I did not say some of the things I was thinking to that estranged DIL who is behaving like a 12 year old.

--------------
“What we need is production by the masses, not mass-production”  Gandhi

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn”  David Russell
 Post Number: 8
toejam Search for posts by this member.
the high road is hard to find

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 10:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I hear ya, Deb. I'm trying to keep my mouth shut to make the world a better place.
 Post Number: 9
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 10:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I got up this morning and went to work.
 Post Number: 10
toejam Search for posts by this member.
the high road is hard to find

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 10:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Oct. 22 2012, 10:25 am)
I got up this morning and went to work.

Good for you! More people need to take your lead.
 Post Number: 11
tarol Search for posts by this member.
Well I never!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 11:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

All weekend long I helped lost hunters find their way - it'll never cease to amaze me how many of them don't own maps :p

--------------
Got elevation? www.tarol.com
 Post Number: 12
JasPL Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 12:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I used to build Green homes. Does that count?
 Post Number: 13
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 6:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That's my job every time I go to work, although "safer" may be a better description than "better".
 Post Number: 14
theo Search for posts by this member.
Error 420

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 6:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm going to HOTB and grace those there with my awesomeness. :cool:  :;):

And help Chuck D with eyebp's drinking problem. Mostly just that.
 Post Number: 15
bad knees Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 7:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I took 14 scouts camping in a monsoon.  And we had the best weekend EVER.  Prolly need to have my head examined.

--------------
Nature bats last!

Post Number: 16
Loon Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 7:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

In the last few days I gave blood, volunteered to help remove Buckthorn from the local parks AND helped a salamander get across the road. Whew.
 Post Number: 17
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 7:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Chuck D @ Oct. 22 2012, 8:32 am)
I'm concerned about eyebp's drinking problem, to help him out I plan to drink all the beer at HOTB.

Dude, I'm a real butt head sober. I wouldn't chance it.

I assume I am anyway. Its been a few years since I was legally sober.

--------------
 Post Number: 18
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 7:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Deborah @ Oct. 22 2012, 8:35 am)
I made the world a better place yesterday.  I did not say some of the things I was thinking to that estranged DIL who is behaving like a 12 year old.

Sometimes you just have to whoop some ass. Just saying.

--------------
 Post Number: 19
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 7:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(toejam @ Oct. 22 2012, 10:20 am)
I hear ya, Deb. I'm trying to keep my mouth shut to make the world a better place.

Right now Deborah isn't going off on you for calling her Deb. I think that counts.

--------------
 Post Number: 20
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 7:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JasPL @ Oct. 22 2012, 12:33 pm)
I used to build Green homes. Does that count?

Sure. Everything counts.

--------------
 Post Number: 21
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 7:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Cool. I like this thread.
I don't think I have done anything worth noting recently but I hope to have the opportunity to change that soon.  :)

--------------
 Post Number: 22
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 7:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why didn't I think of this before?

On the subject of "better", rather than "safer", one of the organizations I donate to is the Atchafalaya Basinkeeper, which is just a tad east of HOTB, and a supremely important place/environment IMHO.  Been there, talked with Dean Wilson, the basinkeeper, got a tour, and will continue to support him for years to come, along with similar organizations.

We've already pretty much killed the Everglades in a variety of ways, and the Atchafalaya is on the same, but thankfully slower, path.
 Post Number: 23
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 8:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I bathed.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 24
CajunHiker Search for posts by this member.
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 10:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eyebp @ Oct. 22 2012, 6:33 pm)

(toejam @ Oct. 22 2012, 10:20 am)

Right now Deborah isn't going off on you for calling her Deb. I think that counts.

I was thinking the same.  :D

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 25
CajunHiker Search for posts by this member.
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 10:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Today, I destroyed the habitat of some lizards and frogs, and I felt quite badly about it.

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 26
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 11:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I cleaned up my yard.  The neighbors were probably on the verge of sending a delegation with a list of demands.  After it's all done, they act nonchalant, as if there were never a chance of having to go that far, but I can see the relief on their faces.  (I blame the power company.  They cut a lot of trees and limbs and didn't clean up after themselves.  I got takers for the logs, but the leaves and smaller branches are still a disposal problem.)
 Post Number: 27
CharlesTheHammer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 11:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Its good of you to start a thread calling for people to do the right thing, to do something for their fellow man!

Are you doing this in memorial of your dead father who was killed by a bear? Maybe you, and the person who's relative was killed by a llama should come together on this one!
 Post Number: 28
CharlesTheHammer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 22 2012, 11:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(big_load @ Oct. 22 2012, 11:28 pm)
I cleaned up my yard.  The neighbors were probably on the verge of sending a delegation with a list of demands.  After it's all done, they act nonchalant, as if there were never a chance of having to go that far, but I can see the relief on their faces.  (I blame the power company.  They cut a lot of trees and limbs and didn't clean up after themselves.  I got takers for the logs, but the leaves and smaller branches are still a disposal problem.)

You could always get rid of it by packing out all those limbs on your next backpacking trip, to save time on firewood collection once you get there.....
 Post Number: 29
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 23 2012, 12:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CharlesTheHammer @ Oct. 22 2012, 11:32 pm)

(big_load @ Oct. 22 2012, 11:28 pm)

You could always get rid of it by packing out all those limbs on your next backpacking trip, to save time on firewood collection once you get there.....

Ironically, I live 1/4 mile from the township leaf and brush collection point, which has been closed for several years.  Even closer than that is the big, big, woods.  I suspect the township took that proximity into account making their decision.
 Post Number: 30
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 23 2012, 1:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I trusted someone to do the right thing today. We'll see how that works out.
94 replies since Oct. 21 2012, 10:31 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 41234>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Do something today to make this world a better
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions