2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 4 of 7<<1234567>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Harley riders? riders, What is it wit them< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 91
spindle Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 6:06 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(tomas @ Nov. 13 2012, 4:01 pm)

(JimInMD @ Nov. 13 2012, 1:54 pm)

(spindle @ Nov. 13 2012, 1:30 pm)

(RebeccaD @ Nov. 13 2012, 1:23 pm)
BTW, I am 100% no joking behind the ban on leaf blowers.  Stupidest invention ever.

My neighbor fires his up between 7-8am on Saturday mornings.  Runs the fricken thing for HOURS.

I should be legally allowed to shoot him.

This is PA. We shoot everything here and clearly he needs killin'.

Only if you use a suppressor and catch the shell casing.  Those things falling on dry leaves are loud as anything.

May I humbly suggest a subsonic round? That annoying crack of the bullet flying through the air can really ruin the atmosphere of a view.

Duly noted.  I wouldn't want to be rude and disturb my other neighbors peace when I dispatch the offender into the afterlife.

Courtesy counts!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 92
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 6:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

BTW, I am 100% no joking behind the ban on leaf blowers.  Stupidest invention ever.

My neighbor fires his up between 7-8am on Saturday mornings.  Runs the fricken thing for HOURS.

Only if you use a suppressor and catch the shell casing.  Those things falling on dry leaves are loud as anything.

May I humbly suggest a subsonic round? That annoying crack of the bullet flying through the air can really ruin the atmosphere of a view.

Plus, it totally ruins listening to my Lawrence Welk records.
 Post Number: 93
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 7:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(gunslinger @ Nov. 13 2012, 5:12 pm)
Jer, this is one of the few times I think we can agree.

Hey, I picked up on that too.  Kind of a nice change.  God,  if we can agree on a few things, maybe there is even hope for the President and Congress. :)

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 94

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 7:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(smokehiker @ Nov. 13 2012, 5:55 pm)
My apologies to anyone I may have offended my my words.

Y'all have fun....don't bust anyone's balls 'cause some can't take it.

Apologies accepted - although I wasn't really that offended -  and likewise sent.  

Thanks.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 95
no_granola Search for posts by this member.
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 8:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You people all need to get laid and have a smoke.

--------------
I never imagined that being obnoxious would get me where I am today.
 Post Number: 96

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 8:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(no_granola @ Nov. 13 2012, 8:30 pm)

Hard to argue with that.

--------------
 Post Number: 97
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 9:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I know I do. Its been way too long on both counts.

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 98
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 9:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eyebp @ Nov. 13 2012, 9:12 pm)

Don't you dare smoke a cigarette.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 99
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 9:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Nov. 13 2012, 9:14 pm)

(eyebp @ Nov. 13 2012, 9:12 pm)

Don't you dare smoke a cigarette.

My chances for booty are greater.

In other words, neither is happening.

--------------
 Post Number: 100

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 9:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey, we need to get Bulldog and go back to the lake.  It's down another six feet.  He can probably wade out and cast to the channel where the stripers are.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 101
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 10:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Nov. 13 2012, 9:46 pm)
Hey, we need to get Bulldog and go back to the lake.  It's down another six feet.  He can probably wade out and cast to the channel where the stripers are.

Roid boy would probably just reach out there and grab them.

Interesting factiod..Bulldog's Harley Softail is so loud I had to wear earplugs last time we rode. Its seriously that loud.

--------------
 Post Number: 102

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2012, 10:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well you only had one ear pasted to his back...you should have had your other hand on your other ear.

--------------
 Post Number: 103
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 6:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(reubenstump @ Nov. 13 2012, 6:15 pm)

You may want to be careful.  Once she gets sighted in, listening to Lawrence welk might ALSO be grounds for the "SSS" school of noise control.

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 104
DonTom Search for posts by this member.
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 7:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

IMAO, there are two types of cycles that sound like junk. Those that rev very low RPM's (the Harley's) and those that rev very high RPM's (the rice rockets). Both types make a lot of noise and sound junky, IMAO.

I've owned cycles all my life. I still own my 1971 BMW R75/5 (750 cc) , 1984 Yamaha Venture (1,200 cc) and a 2002 Suzuki DR200SE (200 cc), all running at least as well as when new.

If my Venture ever falls apart,  my next road bike would be a new  BMW  K1600GTL. But at an almost 30K price tag, I can wait until my Yamaha Venture falls apart, which I doubt will be any time soon.

-Don-  SF, CA

--------------
-Don- South San Francisco, CA or Cold Springs Valley, NV (near Reno).
 Post Number: 105
liv4mtns Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 8:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(smokehiker @ Nov. 13 2012, 5:31 am)

(RumiDude @ Nov. 12 2012, 9:59 pm)
 Attending a Harley rally is a different thing ... wear ear plugs.  Don't attent Sturgis or Datona Bike Week.

Rumi

And be sure not to attend Rolling Thunder in D.C.
All these childish men and women dress in their costumes and make all that noise.

The Marine in this video is obviously annoyed at the loud pipes.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gfnmDGk0KM

Thanks for this smokehiker...^^^

--------------
Kevin.

Bozeman MT / Winder GA.

http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/
 Post Number: 106
smokehiker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 8:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Certainly.....I think it's a very powerful video.
 Post Number: 107
Pathfinder1 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 10:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi...

I only smoke after I've 'googled' somebody...!!

:cool:
 Post Number: 108
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 10:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have a Harley Screamin Eagle that I put a turbo on. It has no pipes and can break the sound barrier which I do everyday on my way to work with no shirt on.
 Post Number: 109

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 5:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Marmotstew @ Nov. 14 2012, 10:45 am)
I have a Harley Screamin Eagle that I put a turbo on. It has no pipes and can break the sound barrier which I do everyday on my way to work with no shirt on.

And no helmet.

Only pansies wear lids.
 Post Number: 110

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 5:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimInMD @ Nov. 14 2012, 6:08 am)

You may want to be careful.  Once she gets sighted in, listening to Lawrence welk might ALSO be grounds for the "SSS" school of noise control.

Lock and load.  Breathe, breathe, hold...

Seriously, if his Welk can overpower my metalcore I will curtsy in respect.

Post Number: 111
Burner973 Search for posts by this member.
Walk it off

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 6:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Love the sound of a Harley. Dad's been riding Harleys since 1968. It's true Americana.

--------------
"A map is the greatest of all epic poems. Its lines and colors show the realization of great dreams." Gilbert H. Grosvenor

Peeps who keep repeating there posts sound like this after the second time, DERPA DERP UHHHHH DERPA.
 Post Number: 112
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 6:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think I'm getting old, cranky, and tired of living in the city.  Everything makes stupid amounts of noise.  Sick of listening to everyone's mower, blower, motor, stereo, the BART . . . Rebecca needs a trip to the sticks :D

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 113
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 6:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(spindle @ Nov. 14 2012, 5:19 pm)

(JimInMD @ Nov. 14 2012, 6:08 am)

Lock and load.  Breathe, breathe, hold...

Seriously, if his Welk can overpower my metalcore I will curtsy in respect.

Doesn't have to overpower - it's got that swing.  And a one, and a two...
 Post Number: 114
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2012, 6:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Myron Floren Rocks

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 115
smokehiker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 18 2012, 10:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Marmotstew @ Nov. 12 2012, 12:54 pm)
Well, you know what they say about guys with a small exhaust pipe?

(City Man @ Nov. 12 2012, 1:45 pm)
. Then of course it is just an exaggerated inflammation of the inner ego thinking for some reason or another you are just a little more of a man if you have loud pipes.    

Ya,  I always thought it might have something to do with their thinking it somehow enlarges certain parts of their anatomy.

But every time I hear loud pipes I say to myself, "That guy has a small package."

I just can't let this thread die the death it needs.......bored I guess.

I have a question.  All of you "guys" that are so preoccupied with the size of a certain part of a males anatomy (you know who you are).......what do you think when a chick invades your space with a loud bike?
 Post Number: 116
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 18 2012, 10:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(smokehiker @ Nov. 18 2012, 10:39 am)

(Marmotstew @ Nov. 12 2012, 12:54 pm)
Well, you know what they say about guys with a small exhaust pipe?

(City Man @ Nov. 12 2012, 1:45 pm)
. Then of course it is just an exaggerated inflammation of the inner ego thinking for some reason or another you are just a little more of a man if you have loud pipes.    

Ya,  I always thought it might have something to do with their thinking it somehow enlarges certain parts of their anatomy.

But every time I hear loud pipes I say to myself, "That guy has a small package."

I just can't let this thread die the death it needs.......bored I guess.

I have a question.  All of you "guys" that are so preoccupied with the size of a certain part of a males anatomy (you know who you are).......what do you think when a chick invades your space with a loud bike?

Lesbian with penis envy.
 Post Number: 117
dmdhiker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 18 2012, 11:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.bc.edu/bc_org....tboy.au
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 118

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 18 2012, 8:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

.what do you think when a chick invades your space with a loud bike?

What difference does that make?  Noise is noise, regardless of the packaging.

--------------
 Post Number: 119
RumiDude Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 18 2012, 8:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Nov. 18 2012, 5:07 pm)

.what do you think when a chick invades your space with a loud bike?
What difference does that make?

Aaaah ... come on Jer, yer not THAT old.

Rumi     <~~~~~likes noisy chicks invading his space

--------------
“This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all.”
 Post Number: 120
SnidelyWhiplash Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 18 2012, 10:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(RebeccaD @ Nov. 14 2012, 6:11 pm)
I think I'm getting old, cranky, and tired of living in the city.  Everything makes stupid amounts of noise.  Sick of listening to everyone's mower, blower, motor, stereo, the BART . . . Rebecca needs a trip to the sticks :D

I'm with you RebeccaD.  Even the noise in my own house is getting to me lately.
199 replies since Nov. 12 2012, 12:08 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 4 of 7<<1234567>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Harley riders? riders
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions