2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Group Sues over WY Wold Delisting...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
rangersven Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 15 2012, 2:35 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://trib.com/news....99.html

--------------
"Backpacker.com's Original Provocateur."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
BradMT Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 15 2012, 9:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No surprise here, the wolf has been an absolute cash-cow for groups like Defenders.

--------------
Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty. Socrates
 Post Number: 3
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 15 2012, 10:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I really wish BOTH sides had a greater enthusiasm for compromise. I believe if these groups had offered to endorse trophy hunting they could have negotiated away the Predator Zone before the first delisting. After the fact the "anti" wolf lobby has had a vengeful tone with among other things the Governor not even allowing the majority of people of Teton County to move the flex zone a bit further South.

I was originally for the Predator Zone because without it I remain convinced there will be no ultimate control. I now wish we'd let it go so we don't have further backlash and impact on our tourist economy. Unfortunately that means less science with more "shooting, shoveling, and shutting up." The problem with Wyoming is that beyond Sublette and Teton Counties there isn't nearly as much of a tourist economy with the vast majority of revenues coming from taxes on Resource Extractors.

I've heard that there's no chance of these groups prevailing but we heard that before and it proved untrue. If we gave up the Predator Zone I think the whole thing would finally be over. I really don't know what to think of the direction this might take now. What if Wyoming amended the plan to require report of kills in the Predator Zone? Could that be the final nail?

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
2 replies since Nov. 15 2012, 2:35 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Group Sues over WY Wold Delisting...
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions